Page 29 of 30 ... 1927282930
    Guru
    12-06-2016, 12:24 PM #281
    ATT finally realizes with their crappy tv and and phone service they need SIRIUSXM for survival. Your welcome ATT!

http://s2.q4cdn.com/835250846/files/...S-Vehicles.pdf
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-06-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Addict
    12-06-2016, 08:54 PM #282

Perhaps Malone needed some spending cash to buy Christmas presents?

From Barrons Today:

John Malone Sells $10 Million in Sirius Tracking Stock
    Liberty’s chairman sold 278,000 nonvoting shares that track the firm’s 65% stake in Sirius XM Holdings.

By ED LIN
    Dec. 6, 2016 2:21 a.m. ET

Video didn’t kill the radio star.

In fact, cable-television assets sit quite comfortably alongside satellite radio broadcaster Sirius XM Holdings (ticker: SIRI) within the Liberty Media (LMCA) empire.

Liberty’s unwieldy-named tracking stocks Liberty Media Corp. Series A SiriusXM (LSXMA), Liberty Media Corp. Series B SiriusXM (LSXMB), and Liberty Media Corp. Series C SiriusXM (LSXMK) collectively reflect the company’s 65% stake in Sirius XM.

Series A shares each carry one vote, series B shares each carry 10 votes, and series C shares are nonvoting. If you think such an arrangement seems a bit calculated, if not arcane, you should know that it suits Liberty Chairman John C. Malone just fine.

It is also apt for transactions such as Malone’s recent $10 million sale of series C shares, as he didn’t cede any voting control. The low-profile and tax-averse billionaire sold 278,000 such shares from Nov. 21 through 29 from his direct holdings at an average price of $35.91 each, according to regulatory filings. He now directly holds 15,886,220 of the series C shares, although he beneficially controls 47.6% of the voting interest through his series A and B holdings. A Sept. 7 filing shows Malone beneficially owns 1.1% of the series A stock and 95.8% of the supervoting series B stock.

Earlier this year, Malone indirectly held stakes were trimmed. In August, a trust affiliated with Malone sold 640,000 series C shares for $20.9 million. In June, another trust affiliated with Malone sold 188,800 of the shares for $7.3 million.

Liberty didn’t respond to a request for comment on the stock sales.

We recently wrote about Malone, noting that Liberty’s returns over the past decade have topped Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (BRKb), and also the S&P 500. “The Malone control structure may not be great corporate governance--super-voting stock disenfranchises noncontrolling holders--but few investors are complaining.”

We noted that a bullish factor for the Sirius tracking stocks is that Liberty’s percentage stake in Sirius continues to rise with the latter’s buybacks, and could hit 75% or more by the end of 2018. That could push the series C shares to $40.

On Nov. 16, FBN Securities analyst Robert G. Routh upgraded Liberty’s Sirius tracking stocks to Outperform from Sector Perform, pointing out “a whopping discount of 28.88% to their current fair value of $46.27 per share.”

“Because Liberty effectively controls Sirius....we think any discount makes little if any sense, as if any other entity had interest in Sirius (such as Apple (AAPL), for example) they would first need Liberty’s blessing to make such a deal possible,” Routh added. “Note this is not to say we think Liberty has any interest in divesting its interest in Sirius, as they love the operation and likely have no interest in selling it.”

Reached by email, Routh says he “wouldn’t read too much into” the stock sales, noting that “$10 million to Malone isn’t much” and the sale was nonvoting shares.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    12-08-2016, 11:09 PM #283
    Well, its been a while since I've checked in here......it has also been a while since SIRI has made a move.....

First, let me say happy holidays to everyone....I hope everyone had a filling turkey day....and have a merry christmas, hanukah or other holiday that you celebrate...

good luck to SIRI holders in 2017....it could be a fabulous year coming up...

check out one of my recent articles on the "Trump Rally"

First though, be ready to navigate through the Trump Hangover after this rally wraps up....
    Last edited by Limit5Bass; 12-08-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Addict
    12-09-2016, 11:46 AM #284

Good Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Well, its been a while since I've checked in here......it has also been a while since SIRI has made a move.....

First, let me say happy holidays to everyone....I hope everyone had a filling turkey day....and have a merry christmas, hanukah or other holiday that you celebrate...

good luck to SIRI holders in 2017....it could be a fabulous year coming up...

check out one of my recent articles on the "Trump Rally"

First though, be ready to navigate through the Trump Hangover after this rally wraps up....
    Hey now LB! Happy Holidays backatcha! Good article and well written. Regardless of if we get Bullish Scenario #1 or Bullish Scenario #2, are both BULLISH! Unlike yourself, I'm not much of a chartist but like you, I agree things go up from here - if for no other reason that Taxes will be going down and business choking gov't regulations will begin to be revised or eliminated altogether. IMHO, take any pullback(s) as a buying opportunity! Good luck and good fishin'!

Addict
    12-09-2016, 01:15 PM #285
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Hey now LB! Happy Holidays backatcha! Good article and well written. Regardless of if we get Bullish Scenario #1 or Bullish Scenario #2, are both BULLISH! Unlike yourself, I'm not much of a chartist but like you, I agree things go up from here - if for no other reason that Taxes will be going down and business choking gov't regulations will begin to be revised or eliminated altogether. IMHO, take any pullback(s) as a buying opportunity! Good luck and good fishin'!
    thanks user34615145! Just need to be ready to manage the pullback after the rally ends...

Addict
    12-09-2016, 01:34 PM #286
    thanks user34615145! Just need to be ready to manage the pullback after the rally ends...
    no need to be so formal LB...you can just call me user. Everyone else does.
    Last edited by user34615145; 12-09-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Addict
    12-09-2016, 09:13 PM #287
    can't help it "user", I'm a CPA....being formal is in my blood...

Addict
    12-10-2016, 10:32 AM #288

Some "Hair of the Dog" Anyone???

To your point above LB, Barrons has a decent article out today titled "Stocks Beware the Early Days of January". A short read and worth the time.

Here's a couple of excerpts that speak to your comment about navigating through the Trump Hangover:

"In the stock market, it is already the most wonderful time of the year. While stocks look overbought in the short term, with three of four stocks already stretching above their 50-day averages, the bullish throng won’t thin now—not when selling after Jan. 1 lets you put off paying capital-gains tax until April 2018, when the tax rate just might be lower. Even recent laggards are catching up, a sign that brokers are getting calls to hoover up anything that hasn’t yet shimmied higher. That helped swell to 18.6% the crop of S&P 500 stocks pushing 52-week highs, the highest in two years...."

and....

"S&P 500 stocks aren’t cheap—they’re already fetching 17.3 times projected profits—and profit margins already straining decade-long highs now must confront tightening wages, rising rates, and volatile currencies. Unlike households, corporations have binged on cheap rates, and net debt to earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization among Russell 2000 companies (excluding financials and cash-rich technology names) are near the highest in at least 30 years, notes Merrill Lynch. The percentage of S&P 500 companies using buybacks to shrink outstanding shares year over year recently peaked near 65%, just as it did in 2007, and is starting to slip. Rallying stocks ratchet up expectations for the new administration to deliver and avoid policy missteps.

Be greedy when others are fearful—that’s what Warren Buffett says. But what happens when the fear is of missing the rally and trailing the benchmarks?"

Finally, lest ye think that the equity market should have all the fun......

"the rotation from bonds to stocks after a 35-year bond bull market can be fraught with risk. It’s a healthy sign that rates are finally resuscitated from the depths of deflation fears. When 10-year yields are below 5%, modest increases in interest rates have historically helped stocks, notes David Kelly, JPMorgan ’s chief global strategist. On the other hand, this rate-hike cycle may prove more difficult than others. “Rates are rising from extraordinarily low levels, and fixed-income investors will not have the buffer of juicy yields” to protect against capital depreciation of falling bond prices"

So, on that cheery note, have a great weekend everyone!

12-12-2016, 01:46 PM #289
    You see AT&T ? WOWSER!

can't help it "user", I'm a CPA....being formal is in my blood...
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

12-12-2016, 06:01 PM #290
    Hey Sly... check out the picture of an owl that I got in our neighbors tree.

IMG_03392.jpg
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT