Page 28 of 30 ... 182627282930
    12-02-2016, 03:28 PM #271

Pandora now open to a SiriusXM takeover after rejecting offer in July

Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Where is the news report?
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    12-02-2016, 04:11 PM #272

Last Man Standing

If I were Maffei I would be in no particular hurry to make a deal...the longer he waits, IMHO, the lower his purchase price will be.

Full disclosure, I have no dog in this hunt right now but I'm thinking of taking a position with near term $4 puts if I can get $.10 or more for them.

12-02-2016, 04:49 PM #273
    I see that. I don't think Maffei will be in a big hurry to buy Pandora now, do you? Time is on his side, no?

Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    That was then... now down .25 on pandora rumor. ������
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    12-03-2016, 11:03 AM #274
    If you guys did not sell at 4.60 range or very least yesterday in mid 4.40's then ya have no business trading. Unloaded 10k shares in the last week couldn't be happier. Now i will wait on the re-buy.

Back in if dips to 4.10 - 4.20 range.
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-03-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Addict
    12-03-2016, 12:57 PM #275

US Auto Sales Steady....BUT, Inventories Actually Increase in Nov.

According to Wards's Auto Data U.S. LV sales came in as expected for Nov. but Inventories also continued to grow......

http://wardsauto.com/datasheet/us-li...-november-2016

http://wardsauto.com/analysis/us-lig...-high-november

Guru
    12-03-2016, 02:08 PM #276
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    According to Wards's Auto Data U.S. LV sales came in as expected for Nov. but Inventories also continued to grow......

Funny thing is you and bottom boy have been calling for the demise of the auto industry for the last 5 years and it still has not happened. Your timing of such events is not very good. suck it.

12-03-2016, 07:05 PM #277
    Did you see this User??

Delinquencies Rise on Growing Volume of Subprime Auto Loans

Third-quarter data show pattern much like months heading into 2007-2009 recession

http://www.wsj.com/articles/delinque...ans-1480523653

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post

Addict
    12-04-2016, 09:06 AM #278
    If another offer for P is made, it will now certainly be much less than the $15 per share offer. This should be interesting...

Addict
    12-04-2016, 09:55 AM #279

Don't Trust the Mainstream Media

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Did you see this User??

Delinquencies Rise on Growing Volume of Subprime Auto Loans

Third-quarter data show pattern much like months heading into 2007-2009 recession

http://www.wsj.com/articles/delinque...ans-1480523653
    The WSJ should be ashamed of themselves, and they would be if they had any morals at all. Subprime auto loan delinquencies not withstanding, today is nothing like 2007-2009 and to suggest any direct correlation is disingenuous at the very best and more like downright dishonest fear mongering on their part. 2007 was a horror show with liquidity drying up and credit extremely difficult if not impossible to come by. Today there are 100's of billions, if not trillions of $$$ sloshing around on the sidelines and my mailbox is full every day with pieces of mail from banks that are virtually begging me to take out loans on my house, and for cars, vacations, debt consolidation or whatever. The WSJ, like most of the rest of the main stream media is just fear mongering now because their candidate for the White House got her ass kicked and they only want the worst possible scenario for our President Elect when he takes office on Jan 20th. I will say this..if we were heading into a recession like 2007-2009, I'll take our President Elect as the guy to lead us out of it over the job killing idiot that has warmed the chair for the last 8 years.

I'll say one more thing and then I'll move on; the Media and the Left love to blame the big banks and wall street greed for the 2007 meltdown. But Wall Street and the Banks were only doing what the politicians in Washington forced them to do. Barney Frank, as a member of the Democratic Party, served in the House Financial Services Committee for more than 20 years, and was actually Chairman of the committee during the time leading up to the financial crisis. In other words, the financial crisis HAPPENED ON HIS WATCH. Congressman Frank, of course, blamed the crisis on the failure of the financial industry to adequately regulate the banks. However, for most of his career, Barney Frank was THE principal advocate in Congress for using the government's authority to force lower underwriting standards on banks. As early as 2003 he was quoted as saying, "I want to roll the dice a little bit more... toward subsidized housing." To this end, he was successful in his effort to impose what were called "affordable housing" requirements on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Prior to Fank's "affordable housing" requirements, FNMA AND FREDDIE had been authorized to buy only mortgages that institutional investors would buy--in other words, prime mortgages--but Frank and others thought these standards made it too difficult for low income borrowers to buy homes. The affordable housing law not only relaxed the standards but required Fannie and Freddie to meet government quotas when they bought loans from banks and other mortgage originators.

At first, this quota was 30%; that is, of all the loans they bought, 30% had to be made to people at or below the median income in their communities. However, between 1992 and 2007, the quotas were raised from 30% to 50% under Clinton and then to 55% under Bush.

So you see...if you were running a bank and wanted to sell the mortgages you originated to Fannie or Freddie, thanks to Barney Frank and his ilk, you were forced to make a large portion of your loans to folks that were the most likely to default on their payments.

As I said above, congressman Frank, of course, blamed the financial crisis on the failure of the financial industry to adequately regulate the banks. In this, he is following the time honored Washington tradition of blaming others for his own mistakes, and the mainstream media lapped it up and regurgitated it to a public that was/is mostly too stupid or uninterested to question it. Of course, as a result we got the business killing and economy choking Dodd-Frank Act and 8 years of a no-growth economy......

Now there's a new sheriff in town and things are gonna change.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know what Barney Frank is doing now that he's retired - I mean besides chasing young boys around???? He's a Board Member for a F-ing BANK!!!! One that pays it's directors in cash and stock options to the tune of about $375k/yr . Surprised? I'm not.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that!
    Last edited by user34615145; 12-04-2016 at 11:03 AM.

12-04-2016, 12:06 PM #280
    Could not agree more. They are probably wishing they had taken that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    If another offer for P is made, it will now certainly be much less than the $15 per share offer. This should be interesting...