Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    07-14-2016, 08:32 AM #11
    Sad truth is i have lost so much interest in SIRI...i don't even know how to trade it anymore. I guess if that was managements endgame for its investors, they somewhat were successful. I still carry a small position (10k shares) and when the time comes will play the ER dime play with additional shares.

Good luck all.

Enthusiast
    07-16-2016, 07:16 AM #12
    Never remember it acting this strong going into earnings. I hope all the talk going into 2017 is finally happening. Been waiting a long time I think my first purchase was in 2002.

Enthusiast
    07-17-2016, 11:23 AM #13
    Still here from time to time.

Addict
    07-19-2016, 11:42 AM #14
    And $NFLX begins its journey down just like $P did a couple years back. What did Mel always say about the internet - No barrier to entry

Addict
    07-21-2016, 04:08 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I'm still here, and I see I'm the first with a JULY time stamp in this JULY edition. Guess it pays to stay on the sideline then come out and see a 10 Cent gain in SIRI since I last looked. Be back in a few days. Maybe the trend will continue.
    Hey SI! Hope your summer is going well and the golf is improving...or at least not getting worse! I usually play only nine holes at a time as a concession to age. My Golftec lessons (and a lot of practice) seem to be paying some slight dividends as I shot a 37 for 9 about a week ago (of course I three putted the last hole - the only three putt of the round)...that was my best by far this summer as I'm usually carding about 41 or 42 for 9 on a regular basis. Still that's an improvement from last summer pre-lessons. Oh, and the drives are rolling out there 240-250 or so with the warmer air and harder ground.

As far as SIRI goes, I was called away at $4 this last week on shares I purchased at $3.92 last December after being assigned them from selling the Dec $4 put for $.08....Sold the $4 calls a couple/three times in the intervening 7 months, which expired worthless each time except for this last time, so my overall cb was prolly around $3.60-$3.70...I dunno the exact cb offhand and it's not worth going back to check. I'm out right now as far as siri is concerned and have only stopped in to check this forum a few times. More recently I've been trading some momentum stocks that seem to offer a little more action than watching the SIRI paint dry, although it seems the old dog has finally perhaps woken up a bit and we might finally see a bigger move to the upside! Who knows? Anyway, I'll sort of watch it out of just pure habit and may check in here from time to time. Have a great summer!

Addict
    07-22-2016, 08:55 AM #16
    Hey User, back atcha with the hello. Glad to hear how the golf game is going, and to think that maybe I can feel good for pointing you toward Golf Tec. For me, I've played only one 18-hole round this year, that being while I visited family in Tulsa. I'm slowed by a nagging rotator cuff problem, and the fact that my lifetime golfing buddy has all but bolted himself to his big fat recliner at home, hampered by failing vision and an ailing wife requiring most of his time....... I tried going solo last year, but just couldn't adjust to pot luck foursomes with no common ties..........My last venture was when I was put in with three Jesus freaks and they entrapped me into a prayer meeting on the first tee........ I prefer to pick my own place and time for worship.

I've held fast to 25K shares of SIRI purchased in the range of $3.60 last year. I may decide one day to take my profits, but if recent trend is any indicator, I don't know where my money would be better spent.

As in your case of momentum stocks, I picked up a pocket full of T which has treated me right, and just earlier this week, F which is on the move..... I kind of enjoy these single character stock symbols. Maybe I should dig up a few others and give them a play.

Thank goodness for decent growth in the market as of late, I feel relieved that our planned Alaska Cruise next month will not be the financial burden once feared...... Those expenses have already begun, as in new wardrobe, new luggage, moving doctor appointments up, etc., etc. etc.......... We just calculated how much pocket change is needed, considering baggage handling tips, airport to hotel taxi (and return at end of the cruise), not to mention the traditional on-board tips for goods and services. And all that comes after we have already paid the fare for the ship itself (about $3500)...... Oh well, you only live once...... But WAIT! I just remembered we took a Caribbean cruise just this past November. I guess we can live twice in a year's time.

It's nice to see a familiar folk or two on this forum which has not presented much to shout about in recent months. Hope to have more to gloat on in the months ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Hey SI! Hope your summer is going well and the golf is improving...or at least not getting worse! I usually play only nine holes at a time as a concession to age. My Golftec lessons (and a lot of practice) seem to be paying some slight dividends as I shot a 37 for 9 about a week ago (of course I three putted the last hole - the only three putt of the round)...that was my best by far this summer as I'm usually carding about 41 or 42 for 9 on a regular basis. Still that's an improvement from last summer pre-lessons. Oh, and the drives are rolling out there 240-250 or so with the warmer air and harder ground.

As far as SIRI goes, I was called away at $4 this last week on shares I purchased at $3.92 last December after being assigned them from selling the Dec $4 put for $.08....Sold the $4 calls a couple/three times in the intervening 7 months, which expired worthless each time except for this last time, so my overall cb was prolly around $3.60-$3.70...I dunno the exact cb offhand and it's not worth going back to check. I'm out right now as far as siri is concerned and have only stopped in to check this forum a few times. More recently I've been trading some momentum stocks that seem to offer a little more action than watching the SIRI paint dry, although it seems the old dog has finally perhaps woken up a bit and we might finally see a bigger move to the upside! Who knows? Anyway, I'll sort of watch it out of just pure habit and may check in here from time to time. Have a great summer!

Addict
    07-26-2016, 09:30 AM #17
    Looks like we have a good bump in pre-market. Hope it holds.

Guru
    07-26-2016, 10:17 AM #18
    Hey *WALDO and *DOUGHBOY this thing is moving in the wrong direction...you guys promised $2.75!!!

Funny how the cockroaches disappear when you shine the SIRI light on them.

* WALDO and DOUGHBOY the worse call in SIRI history ever...FACT!

Addict
    07-26-2016, 12:48 PM #19
    Man! I've been holding out all this time and finally now feel comfortable selling some more shares! Sold 30k at 4.32 average. Should have held out a tittle more, but I am pleased with my 26k long profit! congratulations to anyone else that had faith in yourself and your decisions enough to stick with this great company! I'm considering buying back if (when) it pulls back to the low $4 range.

Enthusiast
    07-26-2016, 09:27 PM #20
    I hope it continues this time.....,Going into 2017 is supposed to be great,let's see. I've waited a long time for this, we should be over $5 already.
    Last edited by Nazareth; 07-27-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 123