Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...
    Addict
    04-22-2016, 11:39 AM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Wow, am I impressed by your testimonial of your experience with Golf Tec. I keep telling folks their program improved my game by 10 strokes, and all I get is a eye-roll and a chuckle (yeah, sure you did). I'm glad to hear you followed my suggestions, and it sounds like maybe your game improvement will back up my brag.

I have about 10-years of custom golf club fitting and building experience (just for kicks, working out of my garage, I built and sold over 2000 clubs), so I pretty-much self-diagnosed and prescribed my club fit calculations. Just before entering the Golf Tec program I purchased a new set of Cobras, tweaked them to suit my lie and loft requirements, and hoped that produce a major boost in my game. It was during the following season that I swallowed the Golf Tec pill, and through the combination of those two major expenses, my game finally became enjoyable... Only change made since is that I sold the Cobra Driver, 3 and 5 Woods, and put in the bag a Talormade driver and a Cobra 4 Hybrid. That pretty well rounded out my needs, and now I just have to heal the shoulder a bit before I can get back out there........ PS. You are right in that the golf swing is like an underhand toss and less likely to be hindered by the rotator cuff issue. In fact, I told my Physical Therapist I will do anything she wants me to do, as long as it doesn't hinder my golf swing. At the moment however, the constant discomfort is encouraging me to get more Ortho. help before I can feel I'm ready for the game. Maybe another few weeks. Keep up the progress, and keep me posted how it goes........
    I get the same response from folks about Golftec. I get it...it's not for everyone and it sure is damn expensive. They tear down your swing and for the first several lessons you feel like a fish out of water trying to mimic some swing that seems completely foreign to you and your body doesn't want to move that way. But I figured I was paying good money so I had to buy into the program 100% or bail and go back to my way. Only thing is my way wasn't working so well. The real eye opener and value for me was looking at the side view/back view slow motion videos. First of all, I found that in reality my swing looked a whole lot different that I thought it did in my head. In my head I looked like Jason Day. In reality I looked like Arnold Palmer....at age 87....chicken wing and all - only without the results he still gets.

Also, I didn't mention before, but I bought an annual range membership at the local public course for $120. Unlimited balls. Best $120 I ever spent. The course is 3 minutes from my house so I usually go at least once a day in the morning, and sometimes again later in the day...hit 150-200 each visit. Building muscle memory is key. Anyway, Here are some shots of my swing caddie screen from this morning's session at the range.

Driver.JPG3 Wood.JPG5 Iron.JPG
    Last edited by user34615145; 04-22-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 01:56 PM #62
    Lets see if ETE has one more late afternoon push back up to the 12 area. I am pretty certain i will be selling my entire position regardless today.

Edit 1: it was testing low 11.53 area....had my finger on the trigger if it hit 11.50. Nice bounce back to mid 11.60's. Was worried she was going down to fill gaps which there are about 3...the latest one being this am's at 11.20 area. We may get that second push to 12 area still yet by eod.
    Last edited by dm_4; 04-22-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 02:44 PM #63
    Looks like huge volume on AT in last few minutes here SI...something might be up.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 04:06 PM #64
    Sold 6 thousand shares of ETE at 11.60 locking in $28, 800 of profit in about 12 trading days...now thats a nice hit! Keeping 2 thousand in play and will buy and sell the dips.

SI, I decided to hold onto AT after i saw some real NICE volume come in late midday...think it closed at 2.61. We shall see if there is any positive news in after hours that might explain that volume and move higher into days end.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Addict
    04-22-2016, 04:59 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Sold 6 thousand shares of ETE at 11.60 locking in $28, 800 of profit in about 12 trading days...now thats a nice hit! Keeping 2 thousand in play and will buy and sell the dips.

SI, I decided to hold onto AT after i saw some real NICE volume come in late midday...think it closed at 2.61. We shall see if there is any positive news in after hours that might explain that volume and move higher into days end.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

DM, these two stocks (ETE and AT) have re-energized my TA juices, albeit I see already how rusty I am with that skill and knowledge. Additionally I find that I have forgotten how to capture and present a chart on which I might make a point or two. Given that weakness, let me attempt to verbalize what I see in the cards for those two equities.
    ETE:
    1. RSI (Relative Strength Indicator) has only now peeked into the "over bought" territory, that becomes a signal things could turn downward.
    2. MACD (Moving AVG convergence/divergence) continues to show a diverging trend (this typically is a leading indicator so if/when it flattens out or shows tendency to converge back downward, that would be a signal to prepare to sell.
    3. The P&F chart showed a double top breakout on April 13. That was a strong BUY signal, and one should keep an eye on that chart and possibly have a SELL strategy if or when we see a 3-point reversal....... that being at $10.00.
    4. The P&F chart shows a Bullish Price objective of $21.

AT:
    1. RSI is Neutral, indicating no threat of being over bought anytime soon.
    2. The 200DMA and 50DMA formed a Golden Cross only three trading days ago. That is a very strong forecaster of future price movement.
    3. MACD is approaching and positioned to cross and diverge into a positive growth territory.
    4. On the P&F chart, there was a Double-top breakout on March 9th, indicating a strong BUY signal
    5. The Bullish Price Objective is $4.60. Good indication of positive price movement ahead.

So, that's the extent of my rusty TA knowledge. If there was a late day rise in volume, then there must be some Fundamental force at play which is beyond my ability to reason. I leave that to someone else.

Cheers and here's my wish for everyone to enjoy a safe and happy weekend.

Guru
    04-22-2016, 05:52 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    DM, these two stocks (ETE and AT) have re-energized my TA juices, albeit I see already how rusty I am with that skill and knowledge. Additionally I find that I have forgotten how to capture and present a chart on which I might make a point or two. Given that weakness, let me attempt to verbalize what I see in the cards for those two equities.
    ETE:
    1. RSI (Relative Strength Indicator) has only now peeked into the "over bought" territory, that becomes a signal things could turn downward.
    2. MACD (Moving AVG convergence/divergence) continues to show a diverging trend (this typically is a leading indicator so if/when it flattens out or shows tendency to converge back downward, that would be a signal to prepare to sell.
    3. The P&F chart showed a double top breakout on April 13. That was a strong BUY signal, and one should keep an eye on that chart and possibly have a SELL strategy if or when we see a 3-point reversal....... that being at $10.00.
    4. The P&F chart shows a Bullish Price objective of $21.

AT:
    1. RSI is Neutral, indicating no threat of being over bought anytime soon.
    2. The 200DMA and 50DMA formed a Golden Cross only three trading days ago. That is a very strong forecaster of future price movement.
    3. MACD is approaching and positioned to cross and diverge into a positive growth territory.
    4. On the P&F chart, there was a Double-top breakout on March 9th, indicating a strong BUY signal
    5. The Bullish Price Objective is $4.60. Good indication of positive price movement ahead.

So, that's the extent of my rusty TA knowledge. If there was a late day rise in volume, then there must be some Fundamental force at play which is beyond my ability to reason. I leave that to someone else.

Cheers and here's my wish for everyone to enjoy a safe and happy weekend.
    Awesome stuff SI...Thanks man!! You can always use the snipping tool to capture info and then save it to your computer and then in the reply box here at the top you can use the insert image icon button to retrieve the saved image from your computer. Hope that helps.

I will use the snipping tool to show you a captured screenshot to show you the volume i noticed on at below.

AT.jpg

Guru
    04-26-2016, 04:38 PM #68
    SI....AT is frustrating me man lol. I tried to sell my 5k shares today for a lousy 100$ profit and it would not give me the bid price of 2.59. Have noticed a good buy tho is low 2.50's usually drifts higher eventually. My sell order never completed today so still holding into tomorrow. Might be a blessing in disguise as it had a nice close. We shall see.

ETE had a nice day too....it was trying for 12 again. it breaks 12, should see 14.

Guru
    04-27-2016, 12:19 AM #69
    Looks like another good day today for ETE

Energy Transfer Equity Announces Quarterly Cash Distribution

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/energy...210500369.html

Guru
    04-27-2016, 09:14 AM #70
    ETE up .40 in premarket.

How you liking them apples SI?? cha ching!!

Congrats for getting in SI. For the rest of ya....Don't tell me i didn't bring ya a BIG fish. Even tho i got in at 6.85 i urged you all just a few weeks ago to get in when it was still in the 9's. Thats how I roll baby!!

Good luck guys.

Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...