Page 9 of 10 ... 78910
    Addict
    04-28-2016, 12:02 PM #81
    Took some time between chores this morning to peek at the charts. I don't plan any trades on SIRI or AT for now, and as far as ETE goes, I'm holding for what I see is growth in the cards based on my comments on the attached chart snip.

ETE0428.JPG

Looking the ETE chart of a few minutes ago I see a lot of positive pointing indicators.
    1) Starting at the top (RSI) shows a tapering off from the Overbought area, indicating room for more buying
    2) Looking at the Candles, I see a GAP down near $12....... this might be a good place to put some dry powder laying is wait for that potential buying opportunity.
    3) Note also the drastic upturn in the 50DMA and note that it is converging on the 200DMA... if this trend continues, a Golden Cross will form when those line cross, representing what many people feel is a signal for a Bull Market in the offing.
    4) EDIT, forgot to mention that the MACD at the bottom of the chart further confirms my opinions that in the near term we will see a Bullish trend.

Again, full disclosure on my part is that I have no knowledge of the Fundamentals in this company, and my Technical Analysis is admittedly from a very basic level of understanding....... However, I have experienced a reasonable level of success by following my instincts with these basic indicators.

Now, let's see If DM's instructions for pasting a chart image really works. If so, thanks again DM. If no, then I'll be back with an edit of what I recall from past as a technique which works.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 04-28-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Guru
    04-28-2016, 12:10 PM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Took some time between chores this morning to peek at the charts. I don't plan any trades on SIRI or AT for now, and as far as ETE goes, I'm holding for what I see is growth in the cards based on my comments on the attached chart snip.

ETE0428.JPG

Looking the ETE chart of a few minutes ago I see a lot of positive pointing indicators.
    1) Starting at the top (RSI) shows a tapering off from the Overbought area, indicating room for more buying
    2) Looking at the Candles, I see a GAP down near $12....... this might be a good place to put some dry powder laying is wait for that potential buying opportunity.
    3) Note also the drastic upturn in the 50DMA and note that it is converging on the 200DMA... if this trend continues, a Golden Cross will form when those line cross, representing what many people feel is a signal for a Bull Market in the offing.
    4) EDIT, forgot to mention that the MACD at the bottom of the chart further confirms my opinions that in the near term we will see a Bullish trend.

Again, full disclosure on my part is that I have no knowledge of the Fundamentals in this company, and my Technical Analysis is admittedly from a very basic level of understanding....... However, I have experienced a reasonable level of success by following my instincts with these basic indicators.

Now, let's see If DM's instructions for pasting a chart image really works. If so, thanks again DM. If no, then I'll be back with an edit of what I recall from past as a technique which works.
    Looks like it worked....thanks for your TA SI! I am thinking about buying at the 13 level a few more ete shares maybe 2k. will let you know.

Addict
    04-28-2016, 04:25 PM #83

Would you buy stock from this man?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13545...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

particularly thought this quote was worth highlighting: "MannKind is drowning in debt and fixed purchasing contracts but the company generates no revenue."

Addict
    04-29-2016, 10:24 AM #84

At least SIRI is consistent

Another Earnings Beat.
    ARPU increased
    Another new quarterly revenue high. - Double digit growth YoY
    Another quarterly record for adjusted EBITDA
    Another quarterly record for FCF -31% increase YoY
    Another Sub beat and guidance raise.
    9% reduction in shares due to share repurchase program

Great news for shareholders right!!??

Nope, the stock price pops and then drops and sits there like a smelly turd

Just like every other time.

Like I said....at least it's consistent.

04-29-2016, 10:36 AM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    The only #s released by SIRI yesterday that I was aware of were the Sub adds. Well.....as of today NASDAQ has SIRI outstanding shares just under 5Bn for the first time since the MaloneCo bailout......4.992 Bn. Nice milestone for the company as well in addition to the 30+ mn subs.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/siri/in...ional-holdings
    It appears that SIRI repurchased more shares than what was reported in the CC yesterday, based on the above-stated anomaly pointed out by Denco... Any reason for such an odd occurrence?

Addict
    04-29-2016, 11:20 AM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot27 View Post
    It appears that SIRI repurchased more shares than what was reported in the CC yesterday, based on the above-stated anomaly pointed out by Denco... Any reason for such an odd occurrence?
    I'm no expert but I believe the numbers reported earlier this week during the latest quarterly rpt, were as of 3/31/2016. The link above shows their number as of basically today. So, the repurchase program continues and the link above would indicate that they have repurchased additional shares since the end of the quarter.

04-29-2016, 11:50 AM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I'm no expert but I believe the numbers reported earlier this week during the latest quarterly rpt, were as of 3/31/2016. The link above shows their number as of basically today. So, the repurchase program continues and the link above would indicate that they have repurchased additional shares since the end of the quarter.
    User- Thanks for an explanation that seems to be quite plausible. However, I still wonder, "Why?" Is this in any way standard reporting, or does it have a deliberate purpose?

04-29-2016, 11:59 AM #88
    SIRI at 3.92 Are their still any holders of this POS around ? Next qtr, Next qtr. Next qtr

Addict
    04-29-2016, 01:56 PM #89
    Quote Originally Posted by njbones1 View Post
    SIRI at 3.92 Are their still any holders of this POS around ? Next qtr, Next qtr. Next qtr
    Back in the day when talk was of an R/S just to get over $1 I had upwards of 150,000 shares. Sold all my holdings in various lots between labor day and Thanksgiving of 2013. 've been in and out as a trade a couple of times since.

Currently I hold a token 2000 shares with a CB of $3.92 that I've had since January. Talk about dead money.

04-30-2016, 02:00 PM #90
    You got that right

Page 9 of 10 ... 78910