02-25-2016, 10:15 AM #1

Question Sirius XMU: Past and Present

Hi. First post here, but I've been listening to XM since probably 2003ish. Didn't have it for a while, but I just bought a car that came with it.
    I used to really like Alt Nation (then called Ethel). It was always kind of set up as a rotating variety show, so I was used to that. Then, I discovered XMU not too long after, which was everything I liked about Alt Nation with weirder songs and a more freeform style instead of cycling through the same 20 songs over and over. I discovered so much seriously good music thanks to XMU and it really helped break up the repetitive programs I usually listened to.
    Probably because of the merge with Sirius, Ethel became Alt Nation and XMU basically became Ethel. So my question is... where did XMU go? Is there another freeform station that maybe I'm not noticing? Honestly, XMU'S blog radio is exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm hardly ever able to tune in when it's on. Julia Cunningham seems like a nice, excitable lady but our tastes are completely different and I miss what it used to be.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by beaststing; 02-25-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: adding tags