Page 44 of 54 ... 344243444546 ...
    Addict
    11-21-2015, 01:07 PM #431
    Here is another sweet comparison. So much fun!

Sirius - Only Satellite radio company
    Enterprise Value/EBITDA 17.32

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SIRI+Key+Statistics

Pandora - Premier streaming radio company
    Enterprise Value/EBITDA (negative ) -63.81

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=P+Key+Statistics

Addict
    11-21-2015, 01:14 PM #432
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I don't really follow the telecom and Sat TV businesses. I think price wars in wireless, and cable competition coming to the wireless space both hurt telecom badly. And I think cable beats Sat TV's video product easily. So I believe AT&T is in no growth businesses, thus I don't even follow it. Good dividend though. But the business doesn't interest me.

Addict
    11-21-2015, 01:30 PM #433
    Tell you what I do like for investors that don't follow the market intensely and even for those who do. Vanguard S&P 500 indexes. Provides diversification, international exposure (close to 50% of earnings come from overseas), good dividends, very low cost, and over the long term beats just about every other investment vehicle out there. Historically over about a century you get close to an 8 or 9% annual return (including dividends) at a very low cost. Hard to beat! Power of diversification really. They call diversification the "Only Free Lunch" in investing. As you get older you have to put some in bonds for when the market drops. You don't want to sell stocks for income in a down market, only in an up market, so bonds become a part. I would say 20%. Bogle says 40%, Buffett says 10%. One thing is for sure, bonds (short term, long term, tax free municipals etc) have to be a part in retirement. I think Mel has a large amount in municipals from his last CNBC interview.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 11-21-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Addict
    11-21-2015, 01:45 PM #434
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Have a great weekend All!

Attachment 1618

Attachment 1619
    Denco, thanks for sharing the charts. I took a peek at the Hi/Low P&F as of close of market yesterday and I like the Bullish Price Target of 4.44. Reminded me of a batch of sell orders I have at 4.20, 4.25 and 4.30 which now I've decided to move up a notch or two. Thanks for drawing my attention with your chart work.

EDIT..... sorry about that understated price discussion..........somehow I'm having difficulty thinking of SIRI as a stock priced above $4.

On another topic, I witnessed the Spurs on an apparent bad night last night when they let the lowly Pelicans get the best of them. I saw the same kind of performance from my Heat the night before, so I guess it can happen to the best of them at any time.

What's the local book on Romo's return tomorrow against my Phins? I assume they've given him a "good to go" on his injury recovery; I wonder how much rust has set in during that time off. Should be an interesting game. May the best team win.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 11-21-2015 at 01:49 PM.

11-21-2015, 03:50 PM #435
    There are 2 arguments going on here.

The first, AT&T has 2 products for television which is U-Verse television which is fiber (eventuall directly to the home) and now DirecTV. They are the largest paid television provider now. They are a "true" Quadruple Play unlike the cable companies. It's that simple. The cable companies need to be come an MVNO or buy a wireless company to be able to "claim/offer that" they are a quadruple play but the telco's benefit if it's MVNO partnership regardless.

The 2nd is... It's about the "data." They want any and every device, service, etc on their network using data. It's really that simple. For example, Sirius XM's Connected Car strategy lacks a key component which is a wireless connection (LTE). They need to become an MVNO to solve this problem which means they will go to AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. OR they will need to buy a wireless carrier.

At the end of the day, AT&T and others will control the data speeds, how they get it, who's paying for it, and who gets it first. That's where the industry is headed. Go research the new service by AT&T called "Sponsered Data for Mobile Subscribers." Kind of interesting if you ask me and unfortunately, the cable companies can't offer this product/service because they are not in the wireless business.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I don't really follow the telecom and Sat TV businesses. I think price wars in wireless, and cable competition coming to the wireless space both hurt telecom badly. And I think cable beats Sat TV's video product easily. So I believe AT&T is in no growth businesses, thus I don't even follow it. Good dividend though. But the business doesn't interest me.
    Last edited by midas360; 11-21-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    11-21-2015, 03:58 PM #436
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Watch big media pummel Netflix-

Hulu CEO: We can get as many subscribers as Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjDYMRgYn5Q
    And I can still make the PGA Tour.

I mean, if you're gonna dream, you might as well dream big!

Addict
    11-21-2015, 04:05 PM #437
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post

Can I be your caddy?.................. I recall that when Stevie Williams was on Tiger's bag one year, his income {10% of Tiger's purse money) would have ranked him among the top 10 of PGA tour players pay. I can dream with you, can't I?

Addict
    11-21-2015, 04:20 PM #438
    Started researching and investing in Comcast when Howard signed on with NBC's America's Got Talent in 2011. Here is a 5 year chart back to 2011 comparing Comcast to AT&T. It's quite revealing and actually laughable. Cable is beating the crap out of telecom. It will continue

https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp...D5SbmAHfqJroAg

Almost a 200% 5 year return for Comcast compared to a 15% 5 year return for AT&T. I see similar results coming for the next decade at least for cable, and I expect telecom stocks to have negative returns.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 11-21-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Addict
    11-21-2015, 04:29 PM #439
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post

Hulu is growing subs right now at about a 60% rate per year in the US. Netflix is growing them at about a 10% rate per year in the US. I expect Hulu to accelerate and Netflix eventually to drop to sub losses in the US within 3 years.

Mentor
    11-21-2015, 04:55 PM #440
    Hi Sly,

My Spurs sure didn't have it last night. Haven't really gotten Aldridge into the flow yet. We should see more consistency by mid season. If not I will be worried about this acquisition long term. No need to worry now though.

The Phins D line scares me. Hope Dallas Oline comes to play. Could be 1 and done for Romo and the rest of the season if they have any metal lapses. Close to the point of tuning them out for the rest of the season. A loss would cement it for me. No making the playoffs with an 8 game loosing streak.

Siri looking nice, Sly. I too have a couple of sells on the radar but not under 4.30s and 4.40s.

Have a great weekend Sly

Page 44 of 54 ... 344243444546 ...