Page 24 of 54 ... 14222324252634 ...
    11-12-2015, 02:10 PM #231
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Right now there is LMCA. There are no tracking stocks until 2016. This is a way to close the NAV gap. Once LMCA spins off into all the trackers then Liberty Sirius Group should trade in lock step with Siri regardless of % ownership. Its basically tracking Sirius. I love LMCA right now. And I think Sirius eventually combines all the Sirius stock together keeping it a pure play. Percentage ownership means absolutely nothing in this scenario. It's just an unlocking of value to close the NAV. That's why I love LMCA and I didn't sell Sirius to buy it.
    The more I think about the more I think the percentages do matter. If I had money to invest and wanted to buy SIRI after the tracking stock split off, why would I buy SIRI stock vs. Liberty Sirius, all else being equal? No way would I want to own a piece of the minority if I had a choice - would rather be on Malone's "team" because we all know Liberty shareholders come first before SIRI shareholders regardless of what they say.

To me this drives demand to Liberty vs. SIRI. I'm not saying SIRI would tank immediately, I just think SIRI would always trade as a discount to Liberty Sirius all else being equal.

Again, in theory this wouldn't happen until 2016 but I'll be watching SIRI vs. LMCA moving forward a lot more closely. Looks like LMCA is on the path to close the NAV gap as we speak...

11-12-2015, 02:15 PM #232
    Well, user said he was heading out to get a sandwich and the "Sandwich Comparison" came to my head. It was kind of like Deja Vu. Kind of made me hungry so I made myself a fried ham sandwich. Haven't had one of those in a long time but it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I just popped in to see what's happening and found all this confusing talk about sandwiches. What I think I see between the lines is a strategy to hold the SIRI shares you own now, and in the short term use dry powder to pick up some LMCA. Is that the jist of the sandwich talk?
    Last edited by midas360; 11-12-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

11-12-2015, 02:22 PM #233
    Moved from SIRI into LMCA just now. The company just told you they intend to unlock value and this should accomplish it.

Muscle13 has it right. There is a free 10 to 15% on the table right now. One should take it.

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:23 PM #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiny View Post
    The more I think about the more I think the percentages do matter. If I had money to invest and wanted to buy SIRI after the tracking stock split off, why would I buy SIRI stock vs. Liberty Sirius, all else being equal? No way would I want to own a piece of the minority if I had a choice - would rather be on Malone's "team" because we all know Liberty shareholders come first before SIRI shareholders regardless of what they say.

To me this drives demand to Liberty vs. SIRI. I'm not saying SIRI would tank immediately, I just think SIRI would always trade as a discount to Liberty Sirius all else being equal.

Again, in theory this wouldn't happen until 2016 but I'll be watching SIRI vs. LMCA moving forward a lot more closely. Looks like LMCA is on the path to close the NAV gap as we speak...
    Can't describe how disappointed I am in your logic. Who has all the cash flow to buy back stock at a $2 billion clip year after year - Siri. Who could turn that into a dividend one day - Siri. The tracking stock is there to track Siri performance - very simple. This was done to unlock the value of LMCA. I would be shocked if Liberty Sirius didn't track in lock step with Siri after it finally hits the market. I would be shocked even with a 2-3% deviation. Whereas I think LMCA closes that 17-18% NAV discount within 3 months time before Liberty Sirius even hits the market.. All the better if Siri moves up too.....

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:27 PM #235
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    I just popped in to see what's happening and found all this confusing talk about sandwiches. What I think I see between the lines is a strategy to hold the SIRI shares you own now, and in the short term use dry powder to pick up some LMCA. Is that the jist of the sandwich talk?
    I was just saying I was hungry and heading out for some lunch. I'm a simple man. There's not much going on upstairs so when I say I'm gonna get a sandwich there is no allegory.

BTW. I settled on a chicken salad sandwich from Panera

11-12-2015, 02:27 PM #236
    I was right too but I think the sandwich analogy went over some peeps heads and right in their belly.

Quote Originally Posted by William_B View Post
    Moved from SIRI into LMCA just now. The company just told you they intend to unlock value and this should accomplish it.

Muscle13 has it right. There is a free 10 to 15% on the table right now. One should take it.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:29 PM #237

I disagree in selling Sirius. I agree in buying LMCA

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:39 PM #238

Agreed, and he should know cause Muscle is our resident day-trader WB....he knows how to work ST markets but needs to develop more patience for a longer term outlook

Edit: (just kidding muscle, don't have a coronary ...WB...for the record, Muscle eschews ST trading in favor of a LT outlook)
    Last edited by user34615145; 11-12-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:41 PM #239
    I disagree in selling Sirius. I agree in buying LMCA
    Kept all my SIRI. Bot 1K shares of LMCA a few minutes ago. It's up 20 cents already.

11-12-2015, 02:44 PM #240
    Can't describe how disappointed I am in your logic. Who has all the cash flow to buy back stock at a $2 billion clip year after year - Siri. Who could turn that into a dividend one day - Siri. The tracking stock is there to track Siri performance - very simple. This was done to unlock the value of LMCA. I would be shocked if Liberty Sirius didn't track in lock step with Siri after it finally hits the market. I would be shocked even with a 2-3% deviation. Whereas I think LMCA closes that 17-18% NAV discount within 3 months time before Liberty Sirius even hits the market.. All the better if Siri moves up too.....
    I guess only time will tell, but buying SIRI at discount right now through LMCA makes the most sense thus driving demand for SIRI shares downward, at least in the short term - only makes logical sense. The long-term, not sure, but we'll see....

Again, I'm not saying sell SIRI and run, but LMCA seems more attractive right now and that should reflect in the PPS of LMCA going up and SIRI staying stagnant or moving up slower than LMCA for awhile...

Page 24 of 54 ... 14222324252634 ...