Page 23 of 54 ... 13212223242533 ...
    Addict
    11-12-2015, 12:17 PM #221
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Sounding more and more like Liberty is the way to go. Muscle has a good handle on it. Did you see his post? Muscle.... throw a bone to the forum. Or hell, USER, you know how tracking stocks work. What's your opinion too?
    Beats me.

Muscle what's your day-trade idea on this?

Addict
    11-12-2015, 12:19 PM #222
    Sounding more and more like Liberty is the way to go. Muscle has a good handle on it. Did you see his post? Muscle.... throw a bone to the forum. Or hell, USER, you know how tracking stocks work. What's your opinion too?
    My opinion - Siri and LMCA both move up. But LMCA moves up more to close the high teens %
    NAV gap it has, up to the point that the tracking stock comes out first half 2016. The Liberty Sirius tracking stock should then move in lock step with Sirius until they eventually combine all the Sirius shares in a deal. Just my opinion. I think it is good for Sirius and I think it is great for LMCA.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 11-12-2015 at 12:34 PM.

11-12-2015, 12:27 PM #223
    Jim Meyer sch'ed to speak at Liberty Media Investor Meeting. I believe that is happening today, as well. Hopefully he will provide clarity from a SIRI perspective.

11-12-2015, 12:37 PM #224
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    My opinion - Siri and LMCA both move up. But LMCA moves up more to close the high teens NAV gap it has, up to the point that the tracking stock comes out first half 2016. The Liberty Sirius tracking stock should then move in lock step with Sirius until they eventually combine all the Sirius shares in a deal. Just my opinion. I think it is good for Sirius and I think it is great for LMCA.
    Muscle - I was thinking that some SIRI investors wanted to invest in SIRI stand-alone assets and not buy LMCA so that do not have exposure to LMCA assets. So why wouldn't current SIRI holders sell and convert to Liberty Sirius Group all else being equal? Wouldn't you want to own a piece of the 60% pie with the majority shareholder and not the 40% minority pie? Curious your thoughts, because this is pretty big news IMO. Probably paves the way for the RMT or some other type of transaction we haven't been expecting. Or could be the way for long-time LMCA shareholders to cash out of SIRI and not lose their exposure to LMCA's other assets.

Just looking to think this all out and make some decisions....

Addict
    11-12-2015, 12:45 PM #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiny View Post
    Muscle - I was thinking that some SIRI investors wanted to invest in SIRI stand-alone assets and not buy LMCA so that do not have exposure to LMCA assets. So why wouldn't current SIRI holders sell and convert to Liberty Sirius Group all else being equal? Wouldn't you want to own a piece of the 60% pie with the majority shareholder and not the 40% minority pie? Curious your thoughts, because this is pretty big news IMO. Probably paves the way for the RMT or some other type of transaction we haven't been expecting. Or could be the way for long-time LMCA shareholders to cash out of SIRI and not lose their exposure to LMCA's other assets.

Just looking to think this all out and make some decisions....
    Right now there is LMCA. There are no tracking stocks until 2016. This is a way to close the NAV gap. Once LMCA spins off into all the trackers then Liberty Sirius Group should trade in lock step with Siri regardless of % ownership. Its basically tracking Sirius. I love LMCA right now. And I think Sirius eventually combines all the Sirius stock together keeping it a pure play. Percentage ownership means absolutely nothing in this scenario. It's just an unlocking of value to close the NAV. That's why I love LMCA and I didn't sell Sirius to buy it.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 11-12-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Enthusiast
    11-12-2015, 12:46 PM #226
    Staying short SIRI @ avg 4.10. LM side of the fence is the play, but you will get a better entry point than today in the near future (2015).

WIT and High yield is breaking down again, a prolonged stay in the mid to high 30's on WTI is very problematic to the credit markets.

Still on the road

Addict
    11-12-2015, 12:54 PM #227
    I am heading out to get a sandwich. You guys hold down the fort, OK?

11-12-2015, 01:35 PM #228
    It's pretty safe to say that most people understand what goes into a sandwich. Well, like the sandwich, Liberty is made up of a bunch of different ingredients and most of you already know what those ingredients are AND that all of these ingredients go into making a great Sirius XM sandwich. What I feel the detractors are not understanding, is that when you buy a sandwich, it certainly is not a sandwich without the sandwich meat. The sandwich meat is the meaty center which the entire sandwich is built around. It's the most expensive part of the sandwich, and you can actually take away each other ingredient, and it could still be argued that you have yourself a sandwich. In buying Liberty Sirius Group, you are, in essence, buying a Liberty sandwich. And what is the greatest portion of this sandwich? Where's the meat? It's Sirius XM. Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I am heading out to get a sandwich. You guys hold down the fort, OK?
    Last edited by midas360; 11-12-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:00 PM #229
    It's pretty safe to say that most people understand what goes into a sandwich. Well, like the sandwich, Liberty is made up of a bunch of different ingredients and most of you already know what those ingredients are AND that all of these ingredients go into making a great Sirius XM sandwich. What I feel the detractors are not understanding, is that when you buy a sandwich, it certainly is not a sandwich without the sandwich meat. The sandwich meat is the meaty center which the entire sandwich is built around. It's the most expensive part of the sandwich, and you can actually take away each other ingredient, and it could still be argued that you have yourself a sandwich. In buying Liberty Sirius Group, you are, in essence, buying a Liberty sandwich. And what is the greatest portion of this sandwich? Where's the meat? It's Sirius XM. Have a nice day!
    Ridiculous sandwich comparison comes back. This is a way to close the Net Asset Value discount LMCA has. Plain and simple. It also keeps Sirius a pure play long run in my opinion which keeps us a pure radio growth company. I like it. Gives us a way to buy Sirius cheap with LMCA short term. I think the NAV discount is gone within 3 months which equates to a nice percentage move.

Addict
    11-12-2015, 02:06 PM #230
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Ridiculous sandwich comparison comes back. This is a way to close the Net Asset Value discount LMCA has. Plain and simple. It also keeps Sirius a pure play long run in my opinion which keeps us a pure radio growth company. I like it. Gives us a way to buy Sirius cheap with LMCA short term. I think the NAV discount is gone within 3 months which equates to a nice percentage move.
    I just popped in to see what's happening and found all this confusing talk about sandwiches. What I think I see between the lines is a strategy to hold the SIRI shares you own now, and in the short term use dry powder to pick up some LMCA. Is that the jist of the sandwich talk?

Page 23 of 54 ... 13212223242533 ...