View Poll Results: How many think the Patriots will win the Superbowl this Season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Do

0 0%
  • I Don't

10 100.00%
Page 202 of 229 ... 102152192200201202203204212 ...
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2281
    10-28-2015, 08:27 AM #2011

Fart Man May Retire....

I am thinkinig that Fart Man may retire or may not?

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Anyone have any news or insight on Howard yet? Is he going to resign?
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    10-28-2015, 08:32 AM #2012
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Well maybe I took 1 or 2 breaks but it was a long time jack hammering that's for damn sure. You're talking about a guy that is 6'3" bending over with a bosche jack hammer. I am telling you, nothing prepares you for the pain doing it. My lower back and legs hurt. Wife said next time you can hire someone to do it.
    6'3" is small for a texas farm boy. You play football down there too?

Addict
    10-28-2015, 08:37 AM #2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Anyone have any news or insight on Howard yet? Is he going to resign?
    Bass, I just couldn't resist this question....... Is your question asking if Howard will resign, as in extend his contract, or are you asking if he will resign, as in Quit, retire, go away, etc? I've seen that word on this board to have both meanings. Is there some way to distinguish between the two meanings..............for example, would it be correct to say "re-sign" when the intent is that he will renew his contract?............. I'm just curious.

Good morning all. Let's make some dough today.

10-28-2015, 08:41 AM #2014

Are You Joking???

Are you kidding? Texas is big on football and it starts at a very early age. Have you ever seen the TV show called "Little Tykes?" It's insane how early they teach these young boys to play and play well. To answer your question, YUP. Played all thru high school. My cousin who is much bigger is 6'4" and weighed in at 325 was ALL State, played for Texas A&M, and played Semi Pro Ball for Dallas Diesel. They won the championship game. Anyway, that was a long time ago. I still feel all the aches and pains of playing ball.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    6'3" is small for a texas farm boy. You play football down there too?
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    10-28-2015, 08:56 AM #2015
    Hey User, I just realized there is a ready resource for id'ing those bright stars and/or planets you referred to the other morning. I mentioned that my sister in-law asked if I knew what was the bright star in the east one morning and I found a minimal mention via a Google search that it was SIRIUS. I troubled over that incident, and ironically this morning I realized I had the exact answer in hand if only I had opened my eyes.

On my iPhone I once installed a free app called STAR CHART, and until this morning I had forgotten all about it. It's too late to know what was bright in the sky last week, but next time I'll be ready. This clever app is so simple.. you just point the camera side of the iPhone to the area of interest in the sky and the camera monitor shows and names what you are looking at.

Now that we have that little puzzle solved, I'm ready to move on to the market. Good luck all.

10-28-2015, 09:05 AM #2016

Love Astronomy Apps on the iPhone!

@Sly... hope you don't mind me joining in on your comment to user. I love those astronomy apps for the iPhone. Last night I followed the instructions (posted yesterday in forum) and tried taking some pictures of the Super Moon. The issue me and my daughter were having is we could get the moon in focus but when we went to the take the picture in timer mode, it would change focus. This never happened when I took pictures of the blood moon. I've been searching around this morning trying to figure out what we were doing wrong. i will say, I was impressed with the somewhat blurry pic of the moon with no editing involved.

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Hey User, I just realized there is a ready resource for id'ing those bright stars and/or planets you referred to the other morning. I mentioned that my sister in-law asked if I knew what was the bright star in the east one morning and I found a minimal mention via a Google search that it was SIRIUS. I troubled over that incident, and ironically this morning I realized I had the exact answer in hand if only I had opened my eyes.

On my iPhone I once installed a free app called STAR CHART, and until this morning I had forgotten all about it. It's too late to know what was bright in the sky last week, but next time I'll be ready. This clever app is so simple.. you just point the camera side of the iPhone to the area of interest in the sky and the camera monitor shows and names what you are looking at.

Now that we have that little puzzle solved, I'm ready to move on to the market. Good luck all.

Addict
    10-28-2015, 09:13 AM #2017
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @Sly... hope you don't mind me joining in on your comment to user. I love those astronomy apps for the iPhone. Last night I followed the instructions (posted yesterday in forum) and tried taking some pictures of the Super Moon. The issue me and my daughter were having is we could get the moon in focus but when we went to the take the picture in timer mode, it would change focus. This never happened when I took pictures of the blood moon. I've been searching around this morning trying to figure out what we were doing wrong. i will say, I was impressed with the somewhat blurry pic of the moon with no editing involved.
    Midas, my only thought would be that you might have had your camera set to Auto Mode....... I think I might have shot in Manual
    Mode where I would be in control of Apature, and Shutter Speed, and I would set my focus to Infinity and manually fine tune the focus on the moon.

I noticed that moon in our clear sky as I ventured outside after dark. I couldn't make time for the camera however, as that was too far down the list of priorities for now.

EDIT: I would have used a remote shutter trigger and would select the 2 second delay to avoid camera shake due to the mirror raising. Also, if you happened to select a long shutter opening, say more than 15 or 20 seconds, then you might have suffered some "trailing" by virtue of the earth's rotation during that shot..............Those are my 2 cents.
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 10-28-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Guru
    10-28-2015, 09:18 AM #2018
    Hi LB.....I really think HS is going to stay put. He has the greatest gig in the world. He recently was on Kimmel live a few nights back, sounds like he killed it!....i did not see the episode but here is a youtube link from his appearance. He seems like he is very happy. tune into about 1:45 mark. he states he likes going to the radio station and doing the radio show. Says he likes a nice sedate life. He also stated he left AGT because he hated doing it.

Listen to the entire audio of his appearance below.

Last edited by dm_4; 10-28-2015 at 09:40 AM.

10-28-2015, 09:31 AM #2019

Thanks Sly!! You're a Big Help!

I appreciate Sly!!! By the way, I got a call from Frost Bank again. They want to use more of my pictures on their website. They will email me 2 days before it goes up. I will post here. Have a nice trading day!

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Midas, my only thought would be that you might have had your camera set to Auto Mode....... I think I might have shot in Manual
    Mode where I would be in control of Apature, and Shutter Speed, and I would set my focus to Infinity and manually fine tune the focus on the moon.

I noticed that moon in our clear sky as I ventured outside after dark. I couldn't make time for the camera however, as that was too far down the list of priorities for now.

EDIT: I would have used a remote shutter trigger and would select the 2 second delay to avoid camera shake due to the mirror raising. Also, if you happened to select a long shutter opening, say more than 15 or 20 seconds, then you might have suffered some "trailing" by virtue of the earth's rotation during that shot..............Those are my 2 cents.

10-28-2015, 09:39 AM #2020

Easy peasy my neasy

Well folks... those Apple shares I purchased in AH about 5 minutes before earnings just netted me $1,200

It doesn't get any better than that. Talk about living a charmed life. YEEEHAW!