Page 52 of 84 ... 242505152535462 ...
    Guru
    09-21-2015, 03:07 PM #511
    Quote Originally Posted by SN38 View Post
    Midas - glad to see you contributing to the sports talk.
    As to Manziel, this win was a big step for him personally first and professionally second. After spending 73 days in rehab this past winter he had to rebuild his reputation and integrity. Can or can't he be a leader. After his first year and then rehab, most figured that challenge would be a mighty tall wall to climb and an ordinary man would probably fail. So this win though modest is a very positive step forward which he needed, so as to continue working on toward establishing consistency.
    The Browns defense (7 sacks) and Travis Benjamin (The Rabbit) 78 yard punt return to go with 60 & 50 yard TD catches deserve most of the credit but seeing Johnny getting with the program certainly is a site for sore eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Upon further review, it appears it is perfectly permissible to talk sports (preferably football) on this forum 24/7/365 and from hereon I will be sharing my views right along with the rest of the members.
    HAHA Midas if you can't beat them you might as well join them right?? I am so GLAD you finally figured out that you can NOT dictate what topics can or can not be discussed here or by whom. You do NOT have that authority as this is NOT your forum! You are NOT in charge here! If Charles or Spencer has an issue with what is being discussed they will let us know....NOT YOU!!

SN i saw Johnny do an interview this am. He was asked if he did enough to take the starting job. He said all the right things and he said them perfectly. He explained rather humbly i might add...."its not his decision, its up to the coaches, the organization". He said all he can do is just keep practicing hard to be ready for whenever he plays.

He may be starting to get it and starting to see the big picture. Wasnt to long ago he was a train wreck waiting to happing. Everyone loves an underdog...Im pulling for him.
    Last edited by dm_4; 09-21-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Enthusiast
    09-21-2015, 03:33 PM #512
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    HAHA Midas if you can't beat them you might as well join them right?? I am so GLAD you finally figured out that you can NOT dictate what topics can or can not be discussed here or by whom. You do NOT have that authority as this is NOT your forum! If Charles or Spencer has an issue with what is being discussed they will let us know....NOT YOU!!

SN i saw Johnny do an interview this am. He was asked if he did enough to take the starting job. He said all the right things and he said them perfectly. He explained rather humbly i might add...."its not his decision, its up to the coaches, the organization". He said all he can do is just keep practicing hard to be ready for whenever he plays.

He may be starting to get it and starting to see the big picture. Wasnt to long ago he was a train wreck waiting to happing. Everyone loves an underdog...Im pulling for him.
    Agree, he's starting to get it. It's a long road but after last year I'm sure a lot of his teammates still have their reservations. It will take some time, most of this year, to regain their trust. It would make a hell of a rebound story.

09-21-2015, 03:34 PM #513
    @SN38 or anyone else. Hell I don't care anymore... On to Monday Night Football the Jets vs. Colts!

So the Jets did win in Week 1 and they appear to have a better record, but they are the underdogs in this game. They said cornerback Antonio Cromartie is still listed as "questionable" for tonights game, but he still might play. If they don't have Cromartie, Darrelle Revis will have a huge responsibility without him, which he is fully capable of handling. Any thoughts on who you think will take this one?

I tried very hard to encourage others to move the sports talk to more of a sports chat but it fell on blind eyes. Oh well... if you can't talk stocks, talk sports?
    Last edited by midas360; 09-21-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-21-2015, 03:51 PM #514
    @SN38... Do you know what this win means for Manziel? It has to give him a ton of confidence. And it has to give the coaching staff and his teammates more confidence in him. I mean they had a woeful second half against the Jets but Manziel managed to bounce back to guide the Browns to 14 first-quarter points AND the key late score that secured the win. AWESOME!

Upon further review, it appears it is perfectly permissible to talk sports (preferably football) on this forum 24/7/365 and from hereon I will be sharing my views right along with the rest of the members.
    Glad you are finally inboard Mr. Midas! Personally, although I originally checked in here for stock talk...cause after all the forum is called "Sirius XM Stock Talk" I find it waaaaayyyyyyy too much trouble to go over to "SiriusXM Sports" or even "General Chat" for football information and updates. Therefore I'm thrilled we've decided to throw protocol to the dogs and dispense with any pretense over boring things like stocks and markets and the like.

Admittedly I know little to nothing about sports in general and/or Football in particular but hey, not knowing what the heck is going on has never stopped me from posting about stocks either, so I'm 100% on board with the new format and ready to dive right in! Here's my first attempt regarding football - My personal predictions for tonite's game (I think there's a game, right?...or maybe not....or maybe there's two?..Oh well, here goes):

Tonite just before 8:30 PM EST, someone will sing an agonizingly slow and slightly out of tune rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner.....they will see this as their moment in the sun and think that everyone came out just to see them sing! This person will draw out every note and warble the song like it's a dopey love ballad or a soothing lullaby instead of a tune that was written by a guy that was scared shitless while being held captive on a ship in the middle of a naval bombardment.
    Next, some guys in striped shirts will flip a coin and two huge dudes in tight pants and armor will try to guess which side of the coin will land facing up. The guy who wins gets to kick the other guy in the shins I think....oh wait, no.....he gets to choose if he gets kicked in the shin or if the other guy gets kicked in the shins....or something like that....either way it's not an important detail.
    Anyway pretty soon one team of huge guys all wearing the same color tight pants and armor lines up opposite another team of huge guys who will be wearing a different color of tight pants and armor and they will all try to knock each other down. This idea of matching/coordinating tight pants and armor is very important because they will all be wearing motorcycle helmets so you can't tell who is really who, so without the matching tights and armor, all the huge guys might get confused as to who to knock down.
    Meanwhile some poor guy who, while still huge by normal standards is somewhat less huge that everyone else, will hold an egg shaped ball....but pretty soon the really huge guys from the other team will figure out that he's smaller than they are and they all start trying to knock him on his ass. He will get really scared and start (a) running away from the huge guys that are trying knock him down, or (b) he figure out that they are really after the egg shaped ball so he'll either hand it or throw it to another little huge guy who has the same colored tight pants and armor that he does.
    Sometimes this works and they stop chasing the first little huge guy and start chasing the new little huge guy with the egg shaped ball until they ether knock him down or he runs to one end or another of the field and then either throws the egg shaped ball to the ground with a lot of force or he gives it to one of the men with the striped shirts. For some reason the huge guys that were chasing the little huge guy won't knock the guy with the striped shirt down....probably cause he has a whistle which he'll keep blowing to summon a cop or something....
    Sometimes, after the little huge guy gives or throws the egg shaped ball to other little huge guy with the same color of tight pants and armor, he'll get knocked to the ground anyway by the huge guys with the other color of tight pants and armor. If this happens sometimes the guys with the striped shirts blow their whistles like crazy and pull out their hankerchiefs and throw them. Then they will take the egg shaped ball and they will march 10 or 15 steps and the set the ball down and and (this is the really weird part) NO ONE TRIES TO KNOCK THEM DOWN WHEN THEY HAVE THE EGG SHAPED BALL!!! - again, I think it's cause all the really huge guys think the guys in the stripped shirts will call the cops if they do.
    Anyway, this will go on for like.....forever....first one group of huge guys will do this and then the other group of huge guys will do it. Sometimes they will call in an even smaller huge guy in tight pants and armor in and he will get mad at the egg shaped ball and he'll KICK it! It'll all be very exciting, but after a while I guess the big huge guys well get tired and need to take a nap so they'll leave.
    While the huge guys are taking a nap, a Marching Band and some girls in sparkly tights will come out and they'll put on a nice show while the game announcers in ugly mustard colored matching blazers talk about which bunch of huge men in tights and armor are winning and which are losing. Even though it's 2015 and we can fit more computing power on the head of a pin than was used to send men to the moon, for some reason these announcers will wear huge headsets that were invented back in 1965 while they speak in cliché's like "They need to just go out and execute" and "Unless they start to dominate the line of cribbage they will never establish their running game" now, I'm no expert but I think if one group of huge guys in tights and armor start to execute the other huge guys, the men in striped shirts are gonna have to call in the cops for sure...and as for a line of cribbage, frankly I think that's how they should decide who gets to keep the egg shaped ball.
    After a little while the huge men in matching tights and armor will wake up from their naps and they'll start knocking each other down again. This will goes on for a long time until, they come to the "Two Minute Warning" which lets the huge guys in tights know they only have two more minutes left to knock each other down before the cops finally arrive. Except that the "two minutes" is actually about 4 more hours cause each team gets to call "time out" about 15 times....A time out is like when you were a little kid....everyone goes to their side of the field to let their tempers cool off. It makes a lot of sense cause by then the huge guys in tights and armor will have been knocking each other down all evening and somebody is bound to start really getting pissed off!
    Finally the two minute - 4 hour warning is over and someone shoots a gun and all the huge guys get scared and run to their side of the field....the huge guys that "win" get to pour a big bucket of Gatorade all over their boss! It'll be huge fun!

Anyway, that's my take on what will happen during tonight's game - or games, or whatever. I'll be back after the game for a recap to tell you what I just told you would happen and also to tell you what you just watched.

Guru
    09-21-2015, 04:02 PM #515
    Quote Originally Posted by SN38 View Post
    Agree, he's starting to get it. It's a long road but after last year I'm sure a lot of his teammates still have their reservations. It will take some time, most of this year, to regain their trust. It would make a hell of a rebound story.
    If he keeps throwing TD's and winning...they will trust him again real fast!

Enthusiast
    09-21-2015, 04:04 PM #516
    What an imagination user

09-21-2015, 04:05 PM #517
    I had to flip thru my f'ing iPhone screen a dozen or so times to read that. How about a 2 minute warning before posting so I can get off my iphone and on a 42" screen.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Glad you are finally inboard Mr. Midas! Personally, although I originally checked in here for stock talk...cause after all the forum is called "Sirius XM Stock Talk" I find it waaaaayyyyyyy too much trouble to go over to "SiriusXM Sports" or even "General Chat" for football information and updates. Therefore I'm thrilled we've decided to throw protocol to the dogs and dispense with any pretense over boring things like stocks and markets and the like.

Admittedly I know little to nothing about sports in general and/or Football in particular but hey, not knowing what the heck is going on has never stopped me from posting about stocks either, so I'm 100% on board with the new format and ready to dive right in! Here's my first attempt regarding football - My personal predictions for tonite's game (I think there's a game, right?...or maybe not....or maybe there's two?..Oh well, here goes):

Tonite just before 8:30 PM EST, someone will sing an agonizingly slow and slightly out of tune rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner.....they will see this as their moment in the sun and think that everyone came out just to see them sing! This person will draw out every note and warble the song like it's a dopey love ballad or a soothing lullaby instead of a tune that was written by a guy that was scared shitless while being held captive on a ship in the middle of a naval bombardment.
    Next, some guys in striped shirts will flip a coin and two huge dudes in tight pants and armor will try to guess which side of the coin will land facing up. The guy who wins gets to kick the other guy in the shins I think....oh wait, no.....he gets to choose if he gets kicked in the shin or if the other guy gets kicked in the shins....or something like that....either way it's not an important detail.
    Anyway pretty soon one team of huge guys all wearing the same color tight pants and armor lines up opposite another team of huge guys who will be wearing a different color of tight pants and armor and they will all try to knock each other down. This idea of matching/coordinating tight pants and armor is very important because they will all be wearing motorcycle helmets so you can't tell who is really who, so without the matching tights and armor, all the huge guys might get confused as to who to knock down.
    Meanwhile some poor guy who, while still huge by normal standards is somewhat less huge that everyone else, will hold an egg shaped ball....but pretty soon the really huge guys from the other team will figure out that he's smaller than they are and they all start trying to knock him on his ass. He will get really scared and start (a) running away from the huge guys that are trying knock him down, or (b) he figure out that they are really after the egg shaped ball so he'll either hand it or throw it to another little huge guy who has the same colored tight pants and armor that he does.
    Sometimes this works and they stop chasing the first little huge guy and start chasing the new little huge guy with the egg shaped ball until they ether knock him down or he runs to one end or another of the field and then either throws the egg shaped ball to the ground with a lot of force or he gives it to one of the men with the striped shirts. For some reason the huge guys that were chasing the little huge guy won't knock the guy with the striped shirt down....probably cause he has a whistle which he'll keep blowing to summon a cop or something....
    Sometimes, after the little huge guy gives or throws the egg shaped ball to other little huge guy with the same color of tight pants and armor, he'll get knocked to the ground anyway by the huge guys with the other color of tight pants and armor. If this happens sometimes the guys with the striped shirts blow their whistles like crazy and pull out their hankerchiefs and throw them. Then they will take the egg shaped ball and they will march 10 or 15 steps and the set the ball down and and (this is the really weird part) NO ONE TRIES TO KNOCK THEM DOWN WHEN THEY HAVE THE EGG SHAPED BALL!!! - again, I think it's cause all the really huge guys think the guys in the stripped shirts will call the cops if they do.
    Anyway, this will go on for like.....forever....first one group of huge guys will do this and then the other group of huge guys will do it. Sometimes they will call in an even smaller huge guy in tight pants and armor in and he will get mad at the egg shaped ball and he'll KICK it! It'll all be very exciting, but after a while I guess the big huge guys well get tired and need to take a nap so they'll leave.
    While the huge guys are taking a nap, a Marching Band and some girls in sparkly tights will come out and they'll put on a nice show while the game announcers in ugly mustard colored matching blazers talk about which bunch of huge men in tights and armor are winning and which are losing. Even though it's 2015 and we can fit more computing power on the head of a pin than was used to send men to the moon, for some reason these announcers will wear huge headsets that were invented back in 1965 while they speak in cliché's like "They need to just go out and execute" and "Unless they start to dominate the line of cribbage they will never establish their running game" now, I'm no expert but I think if one group of huge guys in tights and armor start to execute the other huge guys, the men in striped shirts are gonna have to call in the cops for sure...and as for a line of cribbage, frankly I think that's how they should decide who gets to keep the egg shaped ball.
    After a little while the huge men in matching tights and armor will wake up from their naps and they'll start knocking each other down again. This will goes on for a long time until, they come to the "Two Minute Warning" which lets the huge guys in tights know they only have two more minutes left to knock each other down before the cops finally arrive. Except that the "two minutes" is actually about 4 more hours cause each team gets to call "time out" about 15 times....A time out is like when you were a little kid....everyone goes to their side of the field to let their tempers cool off. It makes a lot of sense cause by then the huge guys in tights and armor will have been knocking each other down all evening and somebody is bound to start really getting pissed off!
    Finally the two minute - 4 hour warning is over and someone shoots a gun and all the huge guys get scared and run to their side of the field....the huge guys that "win" get to pour a big bucket of Gatorade all over their boss! It'll be huge fun!

Anyway, that's my take on what will happen during tonight's game - or games, or whatever. I'll be back after the game for a recap to tell you what I just told you would happen and also to tell you what you just watched.
    Last edited by midas360; 09-21-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    09-21-2015, 04:38 PM #518
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post

09-21-2015, 04:49 PM #519
    We look forward to your post game review USER!

Guru
    09-21-2015, 04:56 PM #520
    We look forward to your post game review USER!