Page 2 of 84 12341252 ...
    08-31-2015, 04:20 PM #11
    Today's close is not surprising considering the overall market negative. It held up. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Maybe we will get a buy the dip, sell the rip scenario again. That would be a great gift!

Great day in the forum!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

08-31-2015, 09:08 PM #12
    For a second I thought this was a Billy Graham forum.. had to do a double check. Nice attitude bounce of the lows of the weekend. I give it a week for a 61.8% retrace in to anarchy again.

08-31-2015, 09:39 PM #13
    "There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men." What's it going to be? Futures are looking weak. Let's see if it carries over tomorrow? May God have mercy upon our souls!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Stagnation View Post
    For a second I thought this was a Billy Graham forum.. had to do a double check. Nice attitude bounce of the lows of the weekend. I give it a week for a 61.8% retrace in to anarchy again.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-01-2015, 06:40 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    "There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men." What's it going to be? Futures are looking weak. Let's see if it carries over tomorrow? May God have mercy upon our souls!
    Futures are indeed weaker this morning in early pre-market trading....currently -313 on not-so-good-news out of China with the manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) edging down to 49.7 in August from 50 in July, while the final Caixin/Markit manufacturing PMI came in at 47.3 in August, the lowest reading since March 2009 However, at 10 am EST here in the US, domestic ISM Manufacturing data is due out and August Auto Sales will be reported throughout the day. Strength in those areas could turn our markets green - or at leas mitigate the bleeding. At one point earlier this morning, futures were down -400 so even though it's early perhaps there is some expectation/hope had those two key data points will be positive news.

In the meantime, those with some money on the sidelines might be able to pick up some relatively inexpensive shares this morning. AAPL is trading under $110 in pre-market so I have my eye on that and if'n I can get a bargain at 105 or lower I'll grab some....maybe even at 108.
    Last edited by user34615145; 09-01-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Addict
    09-01-2015, 06:48 AM #15
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/app...?siteid=yhoof2

and from Thestreet.com:

"At Apple's Sept. 9 event Dan Ives, managing director at FBR Capital Markets, expects the company's new Apple TV device to sell somewhere between $149 and $199. He's also looking for the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus to have an improved camera and "force touch" technology. Ives also expects to hear about the iPad Pro -- an edition of the iPad aimed at enterprise customers, a market Apple hasn't really tapped despite its potential, he said. However, investors shouldn't be expecting to hear about any plans for the automobile, he added."

"The iPhone is what drives Apple stock. If it has a big holiday quarter, with sales estimates around 72 million phones, then the stock is likely going higher, said Seymour. After the recent selloff, investors can own the stock near current levels ahead of the September event."

Hmmmm, yeah....and Sept 9th could also be a SOTN (sell on the news) event. So, therein lies the rub.
    Last edited by user34615145; 09-01-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Addict
    09-01-2015, 07:12 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Stagnation View Post
    "Pray remember that I leave you all my theory complete,
    Lacking only certain data for your adding, as is meet,
    And remember men will scorn it, ‘tis original and true,
    And the obloquy of newness may fall bitterly on you.

But, my pupil, as my pupil you have learned the worth of scorn,
    You have laughed with me at pity, we have joyed to be forlorn,
    What for us are all distractions of men’s fellowship and wiles;
    What for us the Goddess Pleasure with her meretricious smiles."

From The Old Astronomer (To His Pupil) by Sarah Williams

Enthusiast
    09-01-2015, 08:57 AM #17
    Half life of the RRR cut is now defined. 20% FX reserve requirement is grasping at straws in another direction.

WTI bounce to the 50 day should be complete and we head back down unless we get additional news about the war Yemen escalating which would force the Saudis to address their budget situation and cut production (raise prices).

[trading for me] day trades only, no overnight holds for the time being. Interventions rumors and news are in the drivers seat.

Be aware of Labor day being counted towards Sept auto sales this year rather than Aug. Sales should take a step back and that should be how its spun. 3.65 buy is still a hold.

09-01-2015, 09:01 AM #18
    Hey Waldo! Thanks for the reminder on Labor Day auto sales being counted in Sept. SIRI is holding up decently in pre-market. Be ready in case they run the stops and the stock does another manic Monday. I am ready!

Quote Originally Posted by waldo29 View Post
    Half life of the RRR cut is now defined. 20% FX reserve requirement is grasping at straws in another direction.

WTI bounce to the 50 day should be complete and we head back down unless we get additional news about the war Yemen escalating which would force the Saudis to address their budget situation and cut production (raise prices).

[trading for me] day trades only, no overnight holds for the time being. Interventions rumors and news are in the drivers seat.

Be aware of Labor day being counted towards Sept auto sales this year rather than Aug. Sales should take a step back and that should be how its spun. 3.65 buy is still a hold.

09-01-2015, 09:15 AM #19
    So refreshing and so true...

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    "Pray remember that I leave you all my theory complete,
    Lacking only certain data for your adding, as is meet,
    And remember men will scorn it, ‘tis original and true,
    And the obloquy of newness may fall bitterly on you.

But, my pupil, as my pupil you have learned the worth of scorn,
    You have laughed with me at pity, we have joyed to be forlorn,
    What for us are all distractions of men’s fellowship and wiles;
    What for us the Goddess Pleasure with her meretricious smiles."

From The Old Astronomer (To His Pupil) by Sarah Williams

Enthusiast
    09-01-2015, 09:16 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Hey Waldo! Thanks for the reminder on Labor Day auto sales being counted in Sept. SIRI is holding up decently in pre-market. Be ready in case they run the stops and the stock does another manic Monday. I am ready!
    Rule 48 in place, should be a slow open. getting in @ the absolute lows off the open will be difficult. Gonna be volatile, but you should be able to get a buy~@ open and sell after the panic of the idiot hour off the first macro rumor.

Page 2 of 84 12341252 ...