Page 13 of 84 ... 311121314152363 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-08-2015, 08:09 PM #121
    Doesn't everyone always talk about CONTENT when they mention SIRI in the same sentence? Losing some of that content, especially when it is Howard, would not be too smart then.

I think Howard actually gained in popularity to some degree with the general audience by being on AGT. Yes, he is not as edgy as the earlier days, but that can also be said for his aging audience as well. Losing that but gaining some overall popularity has I think improved his foothold.

He could stand to make billions again if he went on his own.

09-08-2015, 10:53 PM #122
    I am going to agree with you Nazareth BUT I am not going to commit to one content provider. I think he will find the perfect venue for his radio show wether it be Netflix or some other provider. Great point though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazareth View Post
    Here is my prediction. Howard resigns with Sirius and does his own interview show on Netflix.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

09-08-2015, 10:53 PM #123
    Howard Stern made Sirius XM in the beginning. I could not agree more LB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Limit5Bass View Post
    Doesn't everyone always talk about CONTENT when they mention SIRI in the same sentence? Losing some of that content, especially when it is Howard, would not be too smart then.

I think Howard actually gained in popularity to some degree with the general audience by being on AGT. Yes, he is not as edgy as the earlier days, but that can also be said for his aging audience as well. Losing that but gaining some overall popularity has I think improved his foothold.

He could stand to make billions again if he went on his own.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-09-2015, 06:52 AM #124
    I do not agree. I think there are tons (yes I said tons) of Howard listeners that would bail. My wife is one of them. She only pays for SIRI for Howard. I am sure she is not the only one still out there.
    I take your point LB. No doubt there are folks out there that tune in only for Howard who would leave if he didn't renew his contract. I guess we just have differing opinions on how much it will effect the sub base. You say tons....I say ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Howard Stern made Sirius XM in the beginning. I could not agree more LB!!!
    Right again....but the key words in your statement are "in the beginning" ....speaking of which, what ever happened to Genesis?....but I digress...

SiriusXM is a much more mature company now and not nearly so dependent on any one "star" or piece of content. In fact, if they were I think that would be a negative for the stock. Howard could get hit by a bus tomorrow. If he does, would that take the stock down? Perhaps...for a little while, but it would recover and, of course SiriusXM could/would continue with 100 and 101 playing reruns of Stern shows for years and years - which they will do anyway if/when he decides to leave and/or retire.

At any rate, we both have differing viewpoints and LB, Naz, and Midas have provided food for thought - It's all great insight from people who watch the stock and know what makes it work. I KNOW I'm not the smartest guy in the room so even though I tend to have a slightly different take on the subject of Howard Stern and his importance to SiriusXM going forward, I pay attention to what other people think ESPECIALLY when their views differ from my own. I think that's what makes a forum like this valuable and it's refreshing to be able to have such a discussion without the usual belittling/name calling/insults. I must say this forum has really been a valuable place to share and learn for the past couple of weeks without all the drama!
    Last edited by user34615145; 09-09-2015 at 07:13 AM.

09-09-2015, 09:20 AM #125
    @user... I kind of like that the "lurkers" that either do or don't own Sirius XM are participating now too. Most are here every single day. It's ok to chat about stocks and other topics outside of SIRI especially on the slow days. This has turned out to be a very pleasant month. Hope you do well during these turbulent times. That goes for everyone else too. Good Luck!

Addict
    09-09-2015, 09:33 AM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @user... I kind of like that the "lurkers" that either do or don't own Sirius XM are participating now too. Most are here every single day. It's ok to chat about stocks and other topics outside of SIRI especially on the slow days. This has turned out to be a very pleasant month. Hope you do well during these turbulent times. That goes for everyone else too. Good Luck!
    There's that nasty term again ("lurkers")....I prefer the more politically correct "undocumented forum readers"

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-09-2015, 09:53 AM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    At any rate, we both have differing viewpoints and LB, Naz, and Midas have provided food for thought - It's all great insight from people who watch the stock and know what makes it work. I KNOW I'm not the smartest guy in the room so even though I tend to have a slightly different take on the subject of Howard Stern and his importance to SiriusXM going forward, I pay attention to what other people think ESPECIALLY when their views differ from my own. I think that's what makes a forum like this valuable and it's refreshing to be able to have such a discussion without the usual belittling/name calling/insults. I must say this forum has really been a valuable place to share and learn for the past couple of weeks without all the drama!
    I love differing opinions too. It makes one think about a situation more analytically rather than just "taking things for granted"....would SIRI get over Howard leaving? Of course they would. How many subscribers would be affected? Well, let's hope the contract negotiations go better than last time and we don't have to worry about this conversation for another 5 years....

09-09-2015, 10:58 AM #128
    The one thing we must not forget... Howie does have a large, dedicated, and strong following. It may not seem like it now because he hasn't been in the news that much but believe me... if he leaves, he could take at least 50% or more of his followers with him. Just sayin'... there's something about the guy that people love.

I love differing opinions too. It makes one think about a situation more analytically rather than just "taking things for granted"....would SIRI get over Howard leaving? Of course they would. How many subscribers would be affected? Well, let's hope the contract negotiations go better than last time and we don't have to worry about this conversation for another 5 years....

Guru
    09-09-2015, 02:59 PM #129
    Back from another beautiful vacation in Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

Stern is going nowhere. Even if he does....temp hit to sp...creates great short term buying opp...it recovers quickly.

Nice to see the doom n gloomers here finally catching on that this stock is not a dog, better late than never

Tom Brady vindicated as he should have been.

Denco...siri acting strong. Thoughts on what you are seeing from charts? I've been on a beach for last six days.

Life is good!
    Last edited by dm_4; 09-09-2015 at 03:23 PM.

09-09-2015, 04:14 PM #130
    For those that watched the Apple Event, it appears Apple has started the printing presses again. I think they are going to have a incredible holiday season. I sure hope their manufacturing capacity is in place. All these new iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV's. Wowser.