Page 11 of 84 ... 9101112132161 ...
    Addict
    09-08-2015, 10:38 AM #101
    Netflix strangely similar to Pandora couple years back. Huge content costs, low visibility on earnings, unlimited streaming competition ie. Apple? 300 times earnings multiple????

09-08-2015, 10:53 AM #102
    Yeah... I don't get it either. I am very interested in Apple TV at tomorrow's event. I think Apple is going to allow live streaming television based on your content provider (charter, time warner, AT&T, etc.) If you are already a customer, then you can watch you content streaming over Apple TV. If you don't have a provider, I believe they will provide a "streaming" package you can purchase. You maybe able to purchase by channel.

Edit: Better yet... they could be coming out with a competing streaming service to Netflix. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Netflix strangely similar to Pandora couple years back. Huge content costs, low visibility on earnings, unlimited streaming competition ie. Apple? 300 times earnings multiple????
    Last edited by midas360; 09-08-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-08-2015, 11:07 AM #103
    Cablevision getting close to all time highs. In this volatile market??? Is Altice about to make a move???

Addict
    09-08-2015, 11:22 AM #104
    My year end strategy - Disney Star Wars toys selling out across the country

https://instagram.com/p/7V6cd2CZmd/

Take Disney profits in December or January when the movie is out, invest it in Sirius after we know whether Howard stays and after we see at earnings that Apple music had no impact on Sirius subs - that's my guess. I am quite confident in this strategy.

Star Wars and Howard investing!
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 09-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.

09-08-2015, 12:39 PM #105
    So confident you have to reassure yourself by posting your strategy here. Just playin' I actually like your Disney play. Do you own shares now or are you going to buy some? I remember you saying you owned them. Sorry if you have to repeat yourself.

I do like your logic about Howard Stern. My biggest concern is someone like Apple or Pandora buying out his contract or working some stock deal to get him over to their service.

Sirius XM is buy the dip, sell the rip. I hope we get a massive sell off like that one day and it goes in the low $3's. I will definitely scoop up some shares.

Take Disney profits in December or January when the movie is out, invest it in Sirius after we know whether Howard stays and after we see at earnings that Apple music had no impact on Sirius subs - that's my guess. I am quite confident in this strategy.

I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

09-08-2015, 12:41 PM #106
    salngaud... What is up!?!?!

Addict
    09-08-2015, 12:56 PM #107

Is Howard even relevant anymore? I know he was THE catalyst and marquee big name signing years and years ago but whenever I ask people now why they have SiriusXM none of them mention Howard. And when I bring his name up pretty much 100% of the response is "I don't listen to him"

I think it Howard Stern disappeared off the airwave tomorrow, the stock price of SIRI wouldn't even react...or if it did, it would be a (very) short term buying opportunity before it recovered. JMHO.

Addict
    09-08-2015, 01:34 PM #108
    Since I have made several hundred thousand in profits strictly on Howard's radio companies over the years I am partial to Howard.

Addict
    09-08-2015, 01:36 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    So confident you have to reassure yourself by posting your strategy here. Just playin' I actually like your Disney play. Do you own shares now or are you going to buy some? I remember you saying you owned them. Sorry if you have to repeat yourself.

I do like your logic about Howard Stern. My biggest concern is someone like Apple or Pandora buying out his contract or working some stock deal to get him over to their service.

Sirius XM is buy the dip, sell the rip. I hope we get a massive sell off like that one day and it goes in the low $3's. I will definitely scoop up some shares.
    Posting has always helped me think out investing strategy. It's almost like thinking out loud. One of the biggest advantages of posting. It's like keeping a log.

Addict
    09-08-2015, 01:42 PM #110
    Since I have made several hundred thousand in profits strictly on Howard's radio companies over the years I am partial to Howard.
    I understand that sentiment and I agree wholeheartedly that Howard Stern pretty much single handedly put Sirius Satellite Radio on the map. Without Howard, I doubt Sirius and/or satrad would even still be around. And loyalty is a virtue I admire, so I applaud your stance. However.....from an investing standpoint I only wonder how relevant Stern is anymore, to the continued success of the company? I'm thinking he's not.

Page 11 of 84 ... 9101112132161 ...