Page 12 of 84 ... 210111213142262 ...
    09-08-2015, 02:02 PM #111
    Yup... I agree. Use the forum, family, friends, etc. as sounding boards. I completely get it Muscle! Nice job on making all that money on Stern. I wish I had followed you around on those investments. Keep up the good work man.

Edit: Hell I do it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Posting has always helped me think out investing strategy. It's almost like thinking out loud. One of the biggest advantages of posting. It's like keeping a log.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    09-08-2015, 02:04 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    steiny, GARCAR, Siriusly_Invested come out and play !!!

Hey Midas, Denco, Steiny, and others familiar here over the past few years, let me say hello and just say that I too have maintained a frequent presence in the background as I lick my wounds of the past few weeks of portfolio hits, and try to regroup for the next opportunity. I've managed to do okay with 1K shares of AAPL with a cost avg. of $103, and actually made a fortuitous plunge into RCL a few weeks ago for a cool 12% gain so far.

As for SIRI, I took my profits several months ago after accumulating from 11 cents back in 2009. As I remained in the background on this forum I decided to wade back in and see if I might play for some short term gains just for fun. So far, that's working out pretty good, with my latest trade being this morning as I sold 10K shares bot at $3.60 a couple weeks ago, netting $2300 in short order.... Now the game becomes "accumulation" as I put that next buy order for 10,213 shares at $3.75 in hopes the yo-yo price action continues its current practice. I have a couple other similar plays working on additional blocks of SIRI so if this trend continues, I should be a happy camper.

I'll keep lurking in the background while hopefully gaining back some of my losses, and wishing best of fortunes to you all.

Addict
    09-08-2015, 02:16 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I understand that sentiment and I agree wholeheartedly that Howard Stern pretty much single handedly put Sirius Satellite Radio on the map. Without Howard, I doubt Sirius and/or satrad would even still be around. And loyalty is a virtue I admire, so I applaud your stance. However.....from an investing standpoint I only wonder how relevant Stern is anymore, to the continued success of the company? I'm thinking he's not.
    Content is King. Always has been and always will be. Nothing stops Howard from signing with competition - Pandora, Spotify Apple? or even starting his own internet radio company.....add music and you hurt Sirius badly. I am not the only person who is loyal to Howard. Millions are. I think he signs with Sirius. They have the resources and infrastructure. And he has stated publicly how highly he thinks of Jim Meyer.

Never underestimate Howard. Over 40 years of radio, nobody changes the business like he does. Sirius is lucky to have him.

Mentor
    09-08-2015, 02:55 PM #114
    Hi SLY!

Good to see you around and interested in SIRI again. One day I too will be a former holder looking for a re entry.......one of these days.

Basketball creeping up pretty soon SLY! Your HEAT seem to moving in the right direction. If I remember correctly you're a Dolphin fan as well. Their defense seems to pretty stacked but not sure how their offense is coming along.

Addict
    09-08-2015, 03:16 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Hi SLY!

Good to see you around and interested in SIRI again. One day I too will be a former holder looking for a re entry.......one of these days.

Basketball creeping up pretty soon SLY! Your HEAT seem to moving in the right direction. If I remember correctly you're a Dolphin fan as well. Their defense seems to pretty stacked but not sure how their offense is coming along.
    Hey Denco, top of the day to you too. The Heat and Dolphins are the home town favorites, so that's where our rooting rests. As far as "following", I have to admit I've not paid a lot of attention to off season activity other than the pre-season NFL action which has a hard time capturing my attention. Guess we'll begin to see the truth beginning this next weekend.

Not only have I created amusement again in the SIRI trade game, I otherwise divide my time and energies between fly fishing (including tying my own flies), and photography with recent major investment in that venture..... I guess now I must accommodate the upcoming NFL action, and NBA to follow.

Cheers.

Mike

09-08-2015, 03:31 PM #116
    hwkn you're up man!!! Drop a hello!!!

I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-08-2015, 05:10 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    My year end strategy - Disney Star Wars toys selling out across the country

https://instagram.com/p/7V6cd2CZmd/

Take Disney profits in December or January when the movie is out, invest it in Sirius after we know whether Howard stays and after we see at earnings that Apple music had no impact on Sirius subs - that's my guess. I am quite confident in this strategy.

Star Wars and Howard investing!
    My wife who is a long-time Howard listener says he is staying and he wants to keep working.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    09-08-2015, 05:12 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Is Howard even relevant anymore? I know he was THE catalyst and marquee big name signing years and years ago but whenever I ask people now why they have SiriusXM none of them mention Howard. And when I bring his name up pretty much 100% of the response is "I don't listen to him"

I think it Howard Stern disappeared off the airwave tomorrow, the stock price of SIRI wouldn't even react...or if it did, it would be a (very) short term buying opportunity before it recovered. JMHO.
    I do not agree. I think there are tons (yes I said tons) of Howard listeners that would bail. My wife is one of them. She only pays for SIRI for Howard. I am sure she is not the only one still out there.

09-08-2015, 05:43 PM #119
    Hell... if Apple can get Dr. Dre, why couldn't they snag Howie Stern?????

BASS MAN BACK IN THE HOUSE!!

Enthusiast
    09-08-2015, 06:58 PM #120
    Here is my prediction. Howard resigns with Sirius and does his own interview show on Netflix.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$