Page 53 of 98 ... 343515253545563 ...
    Addict
    08-17-2015, 02:22 PM #521
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Nice move by DIS today. Good to see something moving north.
    Star Wars Land announcement. Anybody betting against Disney leading into Star Wars is a fool.

08-18-2015, 09:49 AM #522
    @Muscle... not looking good for Disney and Cable Networks. Basically everything you are pounding the table on is getting downgraded.

Disney (DIS) Stock Down on Wells Fargo Downgrade, Cautious on Cable Networks

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13258...-networks.html

Addict
    08-18-2015, 10:17 AM #523
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @Muscle... not looking good for Disney and Cable Networks. Basically everything you are pounding the table on is getting downgraded.

Thanks for the post Midas, but uggghhh......Sell side analysts....I don't trust em and I don't believe em. While they are downgrading they are also talking out of the other side of their mouths about what a great company DIS is. They are probably buying on the dip their "downgrade" has caused.

Addict
    08-18-2015, 11:37 AM #524
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post

I like Ryviker as an analyst. She seems to praise Disney a lot in the report. Pretty strange. Like I said last week, I am not doing any buying or selling until September. New Fall season starts then. Media markets always crazy in August. I don't trust the summer market.

My personal opinion is that online media will add to traditional media and the markets have it wrong. I think Comcast has it right with their investments in new media. And I think Star Wars in December runs Disney to $120-$130. I really do. Content is King and Disney owns the content. Netflix doesn't.

Just my opinion. I remember when cable was supposed to kill broadcast tv in the 80s and 90s. Didnt happen. Broadcast ended up owning cable too. I think Big Media will end up owning the internet as well. You already see Comcast taking those steps. Content is King. I am very willing to wait this out for years. I believe in Big Media. My time horizon is 2025, not 2015. Same with Sirius. I believe that Sat Radio and Internet radio will combine in SXM17.

I also think Malone believes in cable, content and sat radio, and Malone never loses. He just doesn't. I always believed in following genius industry leaders. And Karmazin and Malone always fit that mold in my mind. So do Buffett and Bogle thats why I am a huge believer in indexing too.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-18-2015 at 11:43 AM.

08-18-2015, 03:38 PM #525
    I agree completely. DIS right now is a buying opportunity. Marvel and Star Wars alone are HUGE brands and Disney isn't stupid. Those brands go well beyond tv and movies the merchandising is going continue to grow and there are A LOT of diehard fanboys of those two names alone, not to mention Disney's other brands. Long and Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I like Ryviker as an analyst. She seems to praise Disney a lot in the report. Pretty strange. Like I said last week, I am not doing any buying or selling until September. New Fall season starts then. Media markets always crazy in August. I don't trust the summer market.

My personal opinion is that online media will add to traditional media and the markets have it wrong. I think Comcast has it right with their investments in new media. And I think Star Wars in December runs Disney to $120-$130. I really do. Content is King and Disney owns the content. Netflix doesn't.

Just my opinion. I remember when cable was supposed to kill broadcast tv in the 80s and 90s. Didnt happen. Broadcast ended up owning cable too. I think Big Media will end up owning the internet as well. You already see Comcast taking those steps. Content is King. I am very willing to wait this out for years. I believe in Big Media. My time horizon is 2025, not 2015. Same with Sirius. I believe that Sat Radio and Internet radio will combine in SXM17.

I also think Malone believes in cable, content and sat radio, and Malone never loses. He just doesn't. I always believed in following genius industry leaders. And Karmazin and Malone always fit that mold in my mind. So do Buffett and Bogle thats why I am a huge believer in indexing too.

Addict
    08-18-2015, 04:14 PM #526
    Nuther day of treading water for SIRI. The world's most boring stock. A total of 500 million shares traded in the 3 weeks since they reported stellar earnings and revenue and raised guidance and the result? The stock is down $.02/share. Half a BILLION shares traded on essentially no movement in the stock. The mgmt. of SiriusXM should change the symbol of the company from a dog to a gerbil...a gerbil running on a treadmill.
    Just sayin'

Addict
    08-18-2015, 07:14 PM #527
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Nuther day of treading water for SIRI. The world's most boring stock. A total of 500 million shares traded in the 3 weeks since they reported stellar earnings and revenue and raised guidance and the result? The stock is down $.02/share. Half a BILLION shares traded on essentially no movement in the stock. The mgmt. of SiriusXM should change the symbol of the company from a dog to a gerbil...a gerbil running on a treadmill.
    Just sayin'
    Get to the end of this quarter. Apple's streaming service is out. For 3 years we have been hearing how Apple's internet music service is going to make Sat Radio obsolete. My contention is Sirius will have a fantastic quarter with zero impact from Apple music. Zero!

I love Comcast's investment in Buzzfeed today. Now they have significant stakes in Vox Buzzfeed Hulu and will have a YouTube competitor in Watchable (including video from Vox and Buzzfeed). Give Comcast 3 years and they will be contending with YouTube and Netflix for top internet media company in addition to their premiere Cable/Broadband and Traditional media offerings. I honestly believe Brian Roberts has a vision to dominate internet media by marrying it to traditional media. Comcast, NBCUniversal, Hulu, Watchable, X1. What are you missing in longform or shortform video content and distribution? Nothing.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-18-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Addict
    08-18-2015, 07:32 PM #528
    Remember to quote me on this in December. Star Wars hits theaters in exactly 4 months from today. And 4 months from today Disney will be at all time highs........A Muscle prediction.

Addict
    08-19-2015, 10:15 AM #529
    Comcast recovering very nicely in the face of a very weak market. Disney and Sirius down again. Patience....Fall and Football are coming. With Football usually media investors come back from the beach vacations.......

Enthusiast
    08-19-2015, 10:17 AM #530
    Hey Midas tell me what you think of this stock. Just threw some pocket change at it. Seams interesting with all the edibles it's going to launch in regards to hemp.

Dewmar International BMC Inc (Public, OTCMKTSEWM)