Page 4 of 98 ... 234561454 ...
    Addict
    08-03-2015, 09:20 AM #31
    Although I have no reason to think otherwise, I will reserve judgement until all auto manufacturers have reported. So far only Fiat and Chrysler. Everything else is just conjecture and "expectation". Like I said, I too believe the numbers will be strong, but the devil is in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    US Auto Sales Strong in July on SUV, Luxury Demand

DETROIT — Aug 3, 2015, 8:47 AM ET
    By DEE-ANN DURBIN AP Auto Writer

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...emand-32847239

and, now here comes Ford. No too shabby....stay tuned for the rest!
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-03-2015 at 09:22 AM.

08-03-2015, 09:33 AM #32
    Ford as a company is doing very, very well.

Ford Posts Best July U.S. Sales Performance in Nine Years on Strong Demand for Its Newest Vehicles

Total Ford Motor Company U.S. sales up 5 percent last month – its best July since 2006; retail sales up 5 percent

Ford F-Series has best July retail sales results in nine years, while still delivering record average transaction pricing; Ford commercial vans post best July sales in 15 years

Ford brand SUV sales up 11 percent last month for best July sales performance in 10 years. Sales of new Ford Explorer increase 27 percent, all-new Ford Edge up 17 percent, Ford Escape up 10 percent – an all-time July sales record

Fusion achieves best July ever; Mustang has best July performance since 2008

Lincoln brand delivers best July sales results in a decade, driven by strong demand for its newest SUVs, which post best July sales since 2001

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.Vb9tlBF1jhA

Guru
    08-03-2015, 09:50 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Ford killed it!! #boomsiri!!
    GM killed it!! #BOOMSIRI!!

08-03-2015, 09:54 AM #34
    UPDATE: General Motors (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales up 6.4%; Retail Deliveries Rose 14%

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corpora.../10772892.html

08-03-2015, 10:02 AM #35
    This is very interesting...

Cutting Edge Virtual used-car dealers gain traction

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...ry.html#page=1

Addict
    08-03-2015, 10:06 AM #36
    I used to trade the VIX options but never the ETF's. Thanks for posting the ETF symbols. I've been trading the short ETF's on the indices Short Dow (SDOW), Short NASDAQ (SQQQ), Short S&P (SPXU), Short Biotechs (BIS). I am going to add these to the list.

So were you saying that you were unsuccessful trading the ETF's???
    I've been unsuccessful taking positions (long or short) on the VIX. In past I've just traded options on the index but options expire and therein lays the problem. My reasoning was sound - that the VIX was either too high or as now, too low to remain indefinitely. It had to move when things either settled down or heated up. My problem was timing. Since you can't actually take a position in the VIX itself I was using options and options expire, so my timing was off. I think I've used the Keynesian quote before on this forum about the markets ability to remain illogical for a lot longer than a lot of men can remain solvent? Well that's me in a nutshell with those options. They expired and the next month the VIX moved BIG in the direction that I had predicted they would. So I'm trying to find a way to go long the VIX now that I suspect it'll move up.....that way if I'm wrong about the timing I can just sit on my position until the inevitable market correction happens. I just don't have a lot of experience with these particular type of etf and so I'm putting it out there for the group to see if anyone has used them before and get a sense of how they work.

08-03-2015, 10:12 AM #37
    Thanks. Would you mind posting when you move into your VIX position? I've been trying to find ways to short this for the "inevitable correction" too. If not, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I've been unsuccessful taking positions (long or short) on the VIX. In past I've just traded options on the index but options expire and therein lays the problem. My reasoning was sound - that the VIX was either too high or as now, too low to remain indefinitely. It had to move when things either settled down or heated up. My problem was timing. Since you can't actually take a position in the VIX itself I was using options and options expire, so my timing was off. I think I've used the Keynesian quote before on this forum about the markets ability to remain illogical for a lot longer than a lot of men can remain solvent? Well that's me in a nutshell with those options. They expired and the next month the VIX moved BIG in the direction that I had predicted they would. So I'm trying to find a way to go long the VIX now that I suspect it'll move up.....that way if I'm wrong about the timing I can just sit on my position until the inevitable market correction happens. I just don't have a lot of experience with these particular type of etf and so I'm putting it out there for the group to see if anyone has used them before and get a sense of how they work.

08-03-2015, 10:29 AM #38
    UPDATE: General Motors (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales up 6.4%; Retail Deliveries Rose 14%

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corpora.../10772892.html
    Auto sales do nothing for SIRI any more. Havn`t in a long time.

08-03-2015, 10:35 AM #39
    SF,

Ditto from me. I appreciated your insights and thank you for the objective guidance. I mostly read and lurk but find it very helpful as an input into my thought process. Take care.

08-03-2015, 11:22 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by njbones1 View Post
    Auto sales do nothing for SIRI any more. Havn`t in a long time.
    Siri at $4.00, its a miracle.

Page 4 of 98 ... 234561454 ...