Page 21 of 98 ... 1119202122233171 ...
    Addict
    08-07-2015, 10:08 AM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Haha....i remember the day it hit a .05/.06 like it was yesterday. I did not have the guts to buy that day....but when it more than doubled...i said ok.....im in so i began buying at .12 and continued buying 2009 hard.

Well if they stay the course with buybacks that could be a few more years, unless something big happens in the meantime.
    Looks like I am a bit ahead of you guys. I bought my first lot of Siri @$1.36 and rode it down selling my last shares at .83¢ before I finally bailed completely. I remember the day it hit 5¢ and everyone at the SA forum was throwing in the towel and bidding each other a sad farewell. (our old friend Brandon Matthews included) as it was certain by all that Sirius was in the process of BK and all was lost. I was the only one in the forum who suspected that was not the case and was met with complete mockery and disbelief when I said I would be buying. I bought my first block of 100000 shares @ 7¢ and my second @ 12¢. Been buying ever since but have sold as well along the way. I have scored big time with Sirius. More than with all other stocks combined since I had begun trading and can't really complain. It is great to know that there are others like me that have gone against the grain and profited greatly from it! Congratulations to you! Now let's break through that $4 ceiling and make that money!

Guru
    08-07-2015, 10:23 AM #202
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Looks like I am a bit ahead of you guys. I bought my first lot of Siri @$1.36 and rode it down selling my last shares at .83¢ before I finally bailed completely. I remember the day it hit 5¢ and everyone at the SA forum was throwing in the towel and bidding each other a sad farewell. (our old friend Brandon Matthews included) as it was certain by all that Sirius was in the process of BK and all was lost. I was the only one in the forum who suspected that was not the case and was met with complete mockery and disbelief when I said I would be buying. I bought my first block of 100000 shares @ 7¢ and my second @ 12¢. Been buying ever since but have sold as well along the way. I have scored big time with Sirius. More than with all other stocks combined since I had begun trading and can't really complain. It is great to know that there are others like me that have gone against the grain and profited greatly from it! Congratulations to you! Now let's break through that $4 ceiling and make that money!
    Nice positive post bdp....congrats to you on those great buys back in the day....and thanks for the walk down memory lane. I was not in bm's chat at that time, was a few years later. Miss those days. Good group of guys and back then bm was putting out good articles on siri on a weekly basis.

Nothing more most of us want than to see 4 in the rear view mirror once and for all! We need news!

Guru
    08-07-2015, 10:24 AM #203
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Morning DM.....Exactly, I'd be happy with 3.95+

Attachment 1402

Attachment 1403
    cool...thanks. fingers crossed.

Mentor
    08-07-2015, 10:24 AM #204
    If the market could get out of its own way I agree these media stocks could recover soon. Started off well but fading a bit. They said earlier on CNBC that if the DOW closes down again today it will be the 7th straight day which has not happened since 2004 ish.

EDIT: in the last 4 years not since 2004...
    Last edited by denco1; 08-07-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Addict
    08-07-2015, 10:34 AM #205
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    If the market could get out of its own way I agree these media stocks could recover soon. Started off well but fading a bit. They said earlier on CNBC that if the DOW closes down again today it will be the 7th straight day which has not happened since 2004 ish.
    Overall market sure is not helping.......What's the old saying - Sell in May and go away........Every freakin summer.........

08-07-2015, 10:37 AM #206
    [QUOTE=dm_4;90136]Haha....i remember the day it hit a .05/.06 like it was yesterday. I did not have the guts to buy that day....but when it more than doubled...i said ok.....im in so i began buying at .12 and continued buying 2009 hard.

Well if they stay the course with buybacks that could be a few more years, unless something big happens in the meantime.[/QUOTE
    Since it`s show and tell this AM, I bought 50k shrs. at $.11 that 2nd day, with a knot in my stomach.

Guru
    08-07-2015, 10:40 AM #207
    [QUOTE=njbones1;90148]
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Haha....i remember the day it hit a .05/.06 like it was yesterday. I did not have the guts to buy that day....but when it more than doubled...i said ok.....im in so i began buying at .12 and continued buying 2009 hard.

Well if they stay the course with buybacks that could be a few more years, unless something big happens in the meantime.[/QUOTE
    Since it`s show and tell this AM, I bought 50k shrs. at $.11 that 2nd day, with a knot in my stomach.
    one hell of a buy there! congrats bones.

Guru
    08-07-2015, 10:58 AM #208
    Well time for me to hit the golf course to get some chipping and putting practice in for a few hours. League playoffs start today...single elimination. I am giving my opponent 8 strokes out of 18 holes. Have my work cut out for me. Not going to be easy but i would rather be giving strokes than getting strokes...its a pride thing. Makes victory taste that much sweeter!!

Have a great Friday all!

Mentor
    08-07-2015, 11:04 AM #209
    I'd rather be STROKED by SIRI....the Fng Ho....

You too DM...have fun...got to get back out on the course myself...been a while

Addict
    08-07-2015, 11:41 AM #210
    I think fear of the inevitable interest rate hike is finally playing out. I don't really see any reason to fear it as everyone has known about it forever and I am personally glad to finally get that stressor out of the way. What I do fear though is those who fear the interest rate hike. They are the ones responsible for opening up this sink hole. As usual, nothing more to do but wait...