Page 14 of 98 ... 412131415162464 ...
    Addict
    08-06-2015, 10:41 AM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Quarterly Div, accretive acquisition, merging and removing the uncertainty or blowing me frequently to release the stress associated with MaloneCos BS.

EDIT: The widening discount to NAV is the streets way of telling Liberty that they aren't shit without SIRI and the don't particularly like the "games" BS that Liberty has and is playing going back to the forward contract 3 years ago to the initial BS merge ratio and so on. Get SIRI to buy back Liberty stock that is "undervalued" up to and until the discount to nav is wiped out. Then do the merge. Stop fkg around and do it.

EDIT 2: There is no need continuing to buy back SIRI moving forward. At this point the right play is LMCA/K. You kill 2 birds with one stone by doing so. You potentially remove the discount to NAV and buy SIRI at a discount while pushing this more quickly to an eventual merge resulting in a singularly focused entity with an organic reverse split to boot.
    I agree. The better play at this point is LMCA/K as you put it. Trading at a 15% discount to NAV (sum of the parts).

Mentor
    08-06-2015, 10:42 AM #132
    I am invested in both about 60/40...ish Siri / Lmca/k. Even though I am covered on both ends I don't like the drawn out games and lack of clarity about both investments. How long is it going to take these guys to show their hands on the structural side and technological/directional side...........SXM17 I guess.
    Last edited by denco1; 08-06-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Addict
    08-06-2015, 10:52 AM #133
    I am invested in both about 60/40 Siri / Lmca/k. Even though I am covered on both ends I don't like the drawn out games and lack of clarity about both investments. How long is it going to take these guys to show their hands on the structural side and technological/directional side...........SXM17 I guess.
    The issue with LMCA/K as I see it is that it's a conglomerate of sorts....you saw the CC.....There's SIRI, there's Live Nation, There's the baseball team, and there's Charter/Time Warner. SIRI can do great, like this last quarter, and any of the others don't pull their weight, then all, in the form of LMCA/K, suffer the consequences.

08-06-2015, 10:54 AM #134
    All I know is... you can bet that both companies are working together despite what you hear and read with respect to the CC and boards.

I am invested in both about 60/40...ish Siri / Lmca/k. Even though I am covered on both ends I don't like the drawn out games and lack of clarity about both investments. How long is it going to take these guys to show their hands on the structural side and technological/directional side...........SXM17 I guess.

Mentor
    08-06-2015, 10:55 AM #135
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    The issue with LMCA/K as I see it is that it's a conglomerate of sorts....you saw the CC.....There's SIRI, there's Live Nation, There's the baseball team, and there's Charter/Time Warner. SIRI can do great, like this last quarter, and any of the others don't pull their weight, then all, in the form of LMCA/K, suffer the consequences.

They simplified LMCA/K by pulling Charter/TWC and a couple other assets with the creation of LBRDA/K. LMCA/K now consists of SIRI/Live Nation/The Braves a couple other small assets.

Addict
    08-06-2015, 11:00 AM #136
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    All I know is... you can bet that both companies are working together despite what you hear and read with respect to the CC and boards.
    No doubt about it Midas......certainly the advantage is with Maffei and his crowd. They sit in and vote at the SiriusXM board meetings and are part of the decision making process there. They have a lot of sway and pull about how the company decides to use it's cash and other resources. So for Maffei to say essentially "well that's up to the board at SiriusXM" well, he's being rather disingenuous don'tcha think?

Addict
    08-06-2015, 11:04 AM #137
    They simplified LMCA/K by pulling Charter/TWC and a couple other assets with the creation of LBRDA/K. LMCA/K now consists of SIRI/Live Nation/The Braves a couple other small assets.
    Gotcha Denco....I guess I'm showing my ignorance on exactly how it all comes together. Regardless, they all have to perform well or all suffer.

Mentor
    08-06-2015, 11:05 AM #138
    rather disingenuous don'tcha think?
    Big Time. He has said on past CCs/presentations that LMCA is in control and don't need to merge to stay in control. Essentially they already call the shots. Then he makes that BS comment on you have to ask the independent SIRI board members....STFU and stop BSing us......

08-06-2015, 11:05 AM #139
    Yeeeeeup. I could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    No doubt about it Midas......certainly the advantage is with Maffei and his crowd. They sit in and vote at the SiriusXM board meetings and are part of the decision making process there. They have a lot of sway and pull about how the company decides to use it's cash and other resources. So for Maffei to say essentially "well that's up to the board at SiriusXM" well, he's being rather disingenuous don'tcha think?

08-06-2015, 11:06 AM #140
    BAM! Exactly... one can hope that in the end, the shareholders get a little bit more of the pie. We shall see.

Big Time. He has said on past CCs/presentations that LMCA is in control and don't need to merge to stay in control. Essentially they already call the shots. Then he makes that BS comment on you have to ask the independent SIRI board members....STFU and stop BSing us......