Page 27 of 98 ... 1725262728293777 ...
    08-09-2015, 08:41 PM #261
    Coz is a lurker here Muscle. He posted recently. I don't know how he's doing though.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Yeah I have his cell # too. Sad that he just disappeared. Anybody know how Cos is doing? Last I heard he was not well......Long time ago

08-10-2015, 09:07 AM #262
    Pandora exec who oversaw royalty fights leaves company....I wasn't going to read this article but anyone else note where he is headed?

08-10-2015, 09:14 AM #263
    He is going to Sirius XM according the article below.

"Harrison, who is moving to satellite radio provider SiriusXM SIRI 0.77% according a source, did not respond to attempts to reach him by email and LinkedIn on Sunday."

http://fortune.com/2015/08/10/pandor...pher-harrison/

Quote Originally Posted by MadEra View Post
    Pandora exec who oversaw royalty fights leaves company....I wasn't going to read this article but anyone else note where he is headed?
    Last edited by midas360; 08-10-2015 at 09:44 AM.

08-10-2015, 09:52 AM #264
    So, I come back to see that this little prick is taking another cheap shot. For what reason, because he didn't like a question I asked? Well, my young, immature friend slip, if you don't like the question, then don't respond. There you go simple solution. No reason to needlessly attack someone. But I'm sure you won't let this drop because of your immaturity you'll feel that you have to have the last word. So, I humbly request that you please go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip60 View Post
    It Had nothing to do with asking why P was performing well. The question was something like - how can P have a share price of $16 and Sirius can't get past $4? If you think that is relevant question, you should not invest a cent.

Addict
    08-10-2015, 10:14 AM #265
    Nice bounce in big media this morning. Disney and Comcast up. Hope it holds. I would laugh at the market if Disney bounces back to previous levels in a couple weeks.........I don't see how anybody can sell ahead of Star Wars in December.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-10-2015 at 10:17 AM.

08-10-2015, 10:50 AM #266
    Nice job Muscle!

Nice bounce in big media this morning. Disney and Comcast up. Hope it holds. I would laugh at the market if Disney bounces back to previous levels in a couple weeks.........I don't see how anybody can sell ahead of Star Wars in December.

Addict
    08-10-2015, 10:59 AM #267
    Thanks for the enthusiasm on DIS. I think you may be correct and I bought a smallish block of 100 shares last week @ 107.20 per. Fingers crossed...

Addict
    08-10-2015, 11:16 AM #268
    Quote Originally Posted by getsirius View Post
    So, I come back to see that this little prick is taking another cheap shot. For what reason, because he didn't like a question I asked? Well, my young, immature friend slip, if you don't like the question, then don't respond. There you go simple solution. No reason to needlessly attack someone. But I'm sure you won't let this drop because of your immaturity you'll feel that you have to have the last word. So, I humbly request that you please go away.
    I'm continually amazed at how rude people can be when they are anonymously posting. Most (maybe not all) people would measure their words more carefully if/when they were speaking directly face to face or even over the phone. I know I've been guilty of such behavior myself in the past when responding or posting on this or other forums and sometimes have to ask myself "is this tone really necessary?" other times the written word can in some ways come across as snarky or rude when that was not it's intended purpose. Not defending Slip here at all. Don't know him and I suppose he can answer for his own remarks. I guess The way I've dealt with rude/mean/snarky comments is to measure the tone against any potential value or entertainment I might enjoy from those that post such comments and if I see none, then I usually just move on...If it seems to come from primarily one or two people then I've used the ignore feature. Works wonders really, as I'm not consumed by frustration/anger/angst over some post that has no value to me anyhow and I can focus on the more constructive aspects of sharing information with other forum members.

FWIW, my take on the disparity in stock price between SIRI and P is this: the actual stock price has nothing to do with market cap. It has to do with expectations for future growth - which as has been demonstrated over and over on this board (sometime politely but many times not so politely) there are many different ways to try and measure that expectation of future growth. Some say P/E, some say FCF, some say EBITA and Discounted Cash Flow. Regardless of how you do value the stock, here's the good news regarding SIRI vs. P. Even though it might SEEM like P is out performing SIRI because it share price is higher -especially on days when SIRI struggles to move a few pennies and P moves by dollars, the market has actually not rewarded P nearly as much as it appears. In the 5 years or so that both P and SIRI have competed side by side as publicly traded entities, SIRI stock price up 105% while, yes, P is up - it's up by only by 34% -over 5 years. Said another way, over the past 5 years SIRI stock price has enjoyed an average annual growth of 21% while P has averaged just over 6%. Add the special dividend that SIRI paid back in 2012 and their total returns look even better.
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-10-2015 at 11:20 AM.

08-10-2015, 11:23 AM #269
    Hi User34615145. Thank you for that explanation, the only thing I was pointing out was that P was consistently losing money and Sirius makes money. That's it. I'm looking forward to reading future comments on Siri.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I'm continually amazed at how rude people can be when they are anonymously posting. Most (maybe not all) people would measure their words more carefully if/when they were speaking directly face to face or even over the phone. I know I've been guilty of such behavior myself in the past when responding or posting on this or other forums and sometimes have to ask myself "is this tone really necessary?" other times the written word can in some ways come across as snarky or rude when that was not it's intended purpose. Not defending Slip here at all. Don't know him and I suppose he can answer for his own remarks. I guess The way I've dealt with rude/mean/snarky comments is to measure the tone against any potential value or entertainment I might enjoy from those that post such comments and if I see none, then I usually just move on...If it seems to come from primarily one or two people then I've used the ignore feature. Works wonders really, as I'm not consumed by frustration/anger/angst over some post that has no value to me anyhow and I can focus on the more constructive aspects of sharing information with other forum members.

FWIW, my take on the disparity in stock price between SIRI and P is this: the actual stock price has nothing to do with market cap. It has to do with expectations for future growth - which as has been demonstrated over and over on this board (sometime politely but many times not so politely) there are many different ways to try and measure that expectation of future growth. Some say P/E, some say FCF, some say EBITA and Discounted Cash Flow. Regardless of how you do value the stock, here's the good news regarding SIRI vs. P. Even though it might SEEM like P is out performing SIRI because it share price is higher -especially on days when SIRI struggles to move a few pennies and P moves by dollars, the market has actually not rewarded P nearly as much as it appears. In the 5 years or so that both P and SIRI have competed side by side as publicly traded entities, SIRI stock price up 105% while, yes, P is up - it's up by only by 34% -over 5 years. Said another way, over the past 5 years SIRI stock price has enjoyed an average annual growth of 21% while P has averaged just over 6%. Add the special dividend that SIRI paid back in 2012 and their total returns look even better.

08-10-2015, 11:31 AM #270
    Appreciate the kind and informative response user.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post