Page 12 of 98 ... 210111213142262 ...
    Guru
    08-05-2015, 09:36 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    LMCK fell off a cliff and put a drag on Siri. And so it goes...

Looking for news but can't find any. Anyone find an possible explanation?

Edit: and now it's back up again. Looks like a big sale hit and hen a bounce back. So very exciting!
    bdp this hit the news feeds about 3:15 today by AP shortly before the cliff originated.

Liberty Media misses 2Q profit forecasts

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/libert...191552626.html

Weird thing is 3 minutes later AP posted this: Liberty Media posts 2Q profit

Its possible the earlier headline was enough to rattle investors and by the time the AP came out three minutes later with a more positive headline the damage had been done.

That may explain the quick fire sale and then recovery buying.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-05-2015 at 09:50 PM.

08-05-2015, 09:53 PM #112
    I thought so too, SiriusTimes. I posted it to muscle in hopes of getting his take. Hopefully he will see your question and the original post. Are you buying here?

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @muscle...

Now May Be The Time To Buy Liberty Media, Deutsche Bank Says

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rati...#ixzz3ht5NwnKm
    Quote Originally Posted by siriustimes View Post
    Deutsche Bank article is intriguing for buying LMCA. If I read it right it is 10%/yr appreciation for Siri till 2018 plus the 17% current discount to value for LMCA. That's 47% appreciation by 2018 when Liberty gets to 80% ownership and could receive tax free dividends and continue their own buybacks to continue the rise in Liberty share value. What am I missing?

Guru
    08-05-2015, 10:07 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I thought so too, SiriusTimes. I posted it to muscle in hopes of getting his take. Hopefully he will see your question and the original post. Are you buying here?
    Quote Originally Posted by siriustimes View Post
    Deutsche Bank article is intriguing for buying LMCA. If I read it right it is 10%/yr appreciation for Siri till 2018 plus the 17% current discount to value for LMCA. That's 47% appreciation by 2018 when Liberty gets to 80% ownership and could receive tax free dividends and continue their own buybacks to continue the rise in Liberty share value. What am I missing?
    Wary of Deutsche bank...they have been in the news recently for misrepresentations of varies things. I have not read the article tho.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-05-2015 at 10:10 PM.

08-05-2015, 10:47 PM #114
    One is the fact that SiriusXM has been repurchasing shares at a larger percentage of its float than we have as of ours, probably creating, if not artificial, more upward pressure on their stock than on our stock

Those were Maffei's words today in the CC when addressing the NAV discount, and may be why Sirius has not announced an extension of the buyback. I think another offer to merge is coming after Live Nations CC.

08-05-2015, 10:55 PM #115
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by MadEra View Post
    One is the fact that SiriusXM has been repurchasing shares at a larger percentage of its float than we have as of ours, probably creating, if not artificial, more upward pressure on their stock than on our stock

Those were Maffei's words today in the CC when addressing the NAV discount, and may be why Sirius has not announced an extension of the buyback. I think another offer to merge is coming after Live Nations CC.

Addict
    08-05-2015, 11:01 PM #116

I agree with your thoughts on the buyback and lack of extension so far....but do you really think there's another offering in the mix? If so, they'd better learn from the past and sharpen their pencils. It's gonna take more than a 10% premium to get the attention of a lot of long term shareholders.

But the more I think about it, the more that kinda makes sense...Liberty had such a lousy quarter and the only thing that saved them was SIRI.
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-05-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Guru
    08-05-2015, 11:20 PM #117
    Liberty Media (LMCK) Gregory B. Maffei on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3403...pt?part=single

08-05-2015, 11:30 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I agree with your thoughts on the buyback and lack of extension so far....but do you really think there's another offering in the mix? If so, they'd better learn from the past and sharpen their pencils. It's gonna take more than a 10% premium to get the attention of a lot of long term shareholders.

But the more I think about it, the more that kinda makes sense...Liberty had such a lousy quarter and the only thing that saved them was SIRI.
    I've never understood the logic of a premium for LMCA to purchase Sirius. You don't lose your shares you just get different ones of a combined company. Premiums are for those looking to sell out of a company they no longer think will grow or return $ to their shareholders.

Guru
    08-06-2015, 12:01 AM #119
    I've never understood the logic of a premium for LMCA to purchase Sirius. You don't lose your shares you just get different ones of a combined company. Premiums are for those looking to sell out of a company they no longer think will grow or return $ to their shareholders.
    Actually i have to disagree with your definition of premiums especially if you are referring to acquisition premiums.

Guru
    08-06-2015, 12:06 AM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post

if they offered a 10% premium on 4.00 you could prob cash out overnight in the 4.50/60 if not higher just on that news alone. I would gladly sell.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-06-2015 at 12:23 AM.