Page 23 of 98 ... 1321222324253373 ...
    Mentor
    08-07-2015, 04:42 PM #221
    Dear Mr Maffei

I know this is kind of odd as I have never attempted to communicate with you in this manner. But, what the heck, here it goes. I would really really really like to put the past behind us you see. Even though we have never met I feel like I know you. Yes, I have been a bit surly at times and maybe a bit too boisterous and yes, well, disrespectful in my rantings associated with my SIRI/LMCA holding and my displeasure with Liberty/MaloneCo. Frankly, how can you blame me for having to deal with all the uncertainty and strange maneuvers over the years. That's all in the past now though, it's time for change. As for me, I won't be addressing MaloneCo/Liberty in an angry disrespectful manner anymore. I really think its time....time to become single minded and laser like focused.....together. Shareholder of SIRI and MaloneCo together as one.

I just have a simple request as a showing of good faith as we move into the future together. Me/us as an investor/investors and you as the Captain of the ship so to speak. Maybe you and Dr. Malone can get together over the weekend with a bottle of Johnny Black or Blue or the Scotch you so desire.. and make some concrete decisions as to the ultimate plans associated with SIRI and LMCA/K. Actually, I would really prefer that you all come to the decision to expedite the plan and immediately push it to the front burner, lets take action. Merge, Spin, Sell to AAPL,GooG, FB, whatever you guys decide I'm good with it. Just do me a favor and stop lying to me on the CCs and lets get to the end game. If you'd like I could be a party to the meeting. I will bring the booze. Good times we'll have. Hope to talk to you soon.

respectfully,

denco1

PS If you would like to PM me to discuss this off the board that would be great. I can forward my email and or P#. Thanks again...your FRIEND not foe....denco1

PSS Please let me know about the booze you prefer too...I can get before my flight....or when I arrive....no matter. If you all get together alone to discuss I understand as well.......have a great weekend...

08-07-2015, 04:44 PM #222
    HAHA... love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    Dear Mr Maffei

I know this is kind of odd as I have never attempted to communicate with you in this manner. But, what the heck, here it goes. I would really really really like to put the past behind us you see. Even though we have never met I feel like I know you. Yes, I have been a bit surly at times and maybe a bit too boisterous and yes, well, disrespectful in my rantings associated with my SIRI/LMCA holding and my displeasure with Liberty/MaloneCo. Frankly, how can you blame me for having to deal with all the uncertainty and strange maneuvers over the years. That's all in the past now though, it's time for change. As for me, I won't be addressing MaloneCo/Liberty in an angry disrespectful manner anymore. I really think its time....time to become single minded and laser like focused.....together. Shareholder of SIRI and MaloneCo together as one.

I just have a simple request as a showing of good faith as we move into the future together. Me/us as an investor/investors and you as the Captain of the ship so to speak. Maybe you and Dr. Malone can get together over the weekend with a bottle of Johnny Black or Blue or the Scotch you so desire.. and make some concrete decisions as to the ultimate plans associated with SIRI and LMCA/K. Actually, I would really prefer that you all come to the decision to expedite the plan and immediately push it to the front burner, lets take action. Merge, Spin, Sell to AAPL,GooG, FB, whatever you guys decide I'm good with it. Just do me a favor and stop lying to me on the CCs and lets get to the end game. If you'd like I could be a party to the meeting. I will bring the booze. Good times we'll have. Hope to talk to you soon.

respectfully,

denco1

PS If you would like to PM me to discuss this off the board that would be great. I can forward my email and or P#. Thanks again...your FRIEND not foe....denco1

PSS Please let me know about the booze you prefer too...I can get before my flight....or when I arrive....no matter. If you all get together alone to discuss I understand as well.......have a great weekend...

Mentor
    08-07-2015, 04:57 PM #223
    Here's the final chart of the day......hit that trend line again. Maybe the markets will cooperate next week...

Have a great weekend all!!

SiriCS.jpg

08-07-2015, 06:36 PM #224
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    You make a valid point. It goes back to a very similar question by a SB member named GetSirius but was ridiculed by others for asking it. See below...

Original Post:

Responses to GetSirius:

and by Faulkner who deleted all his posts but said the same thing. Can someone else answer this, I have diarrhea.
    It Had nothing to do with asking why P was performing well. The question was something like - how can P have a share price of $16 and Sirius can't get past $4? If you think that is relevant question, you should not invest a cent.

Guru
    08-07-2015, 08:28 PM #225
    All even after 18 hard fought holes. I will take it! Now it's all up to my "B" player to win his match. All he has to do is win his 18 hole match by one point and we advance. At least I put him in decent position to advance us.

08-07-2015, 08:31 PM #226
    Well BDP and getsirius... there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip60 View Post
    It Had nothing to do with asking why P was performing well. The question was something like - how can P have a share price of $16 and Sirius can't get past $4? If you think that is relevant question, you should not invest a cent.

Addict
    08-08-2015, 11:07 AM #227
    From Barrons

Star Wars will return to theaters in December, and Shanghai Disneyland will open next spring.

Disney could earn $8 a share in three years. At its current premium valuation, the stock could fetch $165 a share. If the valuation shrinks to the market’s level, or earnings come up short, the shares could still hit $140, for a compounded yearly return of around 10%, including dividends. We’d bet on the former but wouldn’t complain too loudly about the latter.

http://online.barrons.com/articles/w...ess-1439008708

How anybody can bet against a direct investment in Star Wars THIS DECEMBER is beyond me. This is the first time ever investors have had the opportunity to do this. Lucasfilm was private before Disney bought them.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-08-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Addict
    08-08-2015, 11:17 AM #228
    My feeling on Sirius is this - Somehow Liberty is going to combine Sirius, Live Nation and a music label (most likely candidate Universal). But it is likely going to take years, and I hope it takes as long as possible as my interest as an investor is to keep Sirius as an individual stock investment. Nobody in media grows cash flow like Sirius. But I also won't complain if and when it vertically integrates Sirius with a music label and a live music business. Both are excellent content for Sirius. Just not the cash flow machines that Sirius is, and will be for the next decade.

I do believe a music label and Live Nation are also logical in the sense that they make money as opposed to internet streamers that may never make any free cash flow. I can see the reasoning business wise to vertically integrate Sirius with profitable music companies. Control of content.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Addict
    08-08-2015, 11:58 AM #229
    Cord Cutting issue - Another aspect to illustrate how insane this market is today. With Q2 numbers in - Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Charter, and Cablevision all had less video sub losses in Q2 2015 than Q2 2014. All of them. Does that say cable cord cutting is accelerating? No. For Sat TV companies there seem to be problems if they don't offer broadband in an area. Likely why DTV had to combine with ATT. I don't know what Dish will do. Where do you think these sat tv customers are going to go - Cable that offers broadband, video, phone and Wifi.

Market is insane.................But when the market is wrong there is always opportunity. Did anybody ever think that Sirius would be undervalued on FCF per share at $3.94 in 2015 when it was trading at 5 cents with negative FCF in 2009? Well I guess Mel and Malone did but not too many other people could have envisioned the Free Cash Flow per share scenario besides them.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-08-2015 at 12:07 PM.

08-08-2015, 01:58 PM #230
    I know you ignore the analysts. Keep ignoring them. They've been saying the telcos were done a long time ago. They were wrong. We enjoy your posts. Keep posting your links, information, opinions, etc. ++++++11111

Edit: It wasn't that DTV "had" to merge with AT&T. It's more of if AT&T wanted to compete in the video biz, they needed to buy their customers. U-Verse was growing but not at the rate that management wanted. They are the largest Pay TV provider.
    Last edited by midas360; 08-08-2015 at 02:01 PM.