Page 32 of 44 ... 22303132333442 ...
    07-28-2015, 05:43 PM #311
    I just never really understood how a company that has no earnings can have stock price so high.

You're welcome on the other. Good stuff Slip60.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip60 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by getsirius - I don't see how a company like Pandora, that loses money every month could be trading at $16 and we can't seem to get past $4

C'mon guys... Market cap... How many shares outstanding.... If Sirius had the same share count as Pandora, they would be much higher per share.

BTW - thanks for the replies on buyback question. I re-listened to the conf call and caught it.

07-28-2015, 05:45 PM #312
    Sorry. I didn't realize Warren Buffet was in the room. Excuse me for not impressing you.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Oh Good Lord....................Look at the market caps. Look at the enterprise values. It's not just the share price. Is this grade school?

07-28-2015, 05:48 PM #313
    Thanks man!

I'm a media investor. The connected car business models (other than GM's Onstar) haven't been invented yet. I have heard on Sirius concalls that Sirius converts higher in connected cars than regular cars. Only makes sense, since 2/3 of Sirius subs use some sort of music streaming services. I don't invest in speculation. I invest in EBITDA, FCF and EPS.

Addict
    07-28-2015, 05:52 PM #314
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I just never really understood how a company that has no earnings can have stock price so high.
    Netflix is free cash flow negative. I can't wait until HBO, Apple and Hulu really brutalize it. I have my eyes on the future for Hulu. The media companies are behind it.

Addict
    07-28-2015, 05:54 PM #315
    Quote Originally Posted by getsirius View Post
    Sorry. I didn't realize Warren Buffet was in the room. Excuse me for not impressing you.
    I have a headache. Do yourself a favor and read Slip's post again

07-28-2015, 06:08 PM #316
    @muscle... Please don't get frustrated with us on this stuff. We respect your knowledge and are trying to learn what you already know. It's ok if you don't have time or don't want to teach us. We understand and thanks for all you do when you do post. Seriously. You know I've always respected you. If not, you do now. Thanks!

Off to dinner. Catch you guys/gals later!

07-28-2015, 06:46 PM #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    It would be a good idea for anyone looking at technicals to look at the 200 day chart, understand why this move is important to the 200 SMA support and how 200 day ago prices affect the slope, and then look at the rise from 3.14 to 3.64 to factor in simple projection for the first launch from $4 if it breaks, how high it will go, and where and when it is most likely to pull back.

The most simple target is a 50 cent move taking 2 to 3 weeks on break of 3.98.

Expected pullback point would be $4.18 area not $4.04 area.
    Stephen, I have never been good with charts and indicators. Any chance it can be copied and pasted here showing what you are graciously stating above?

Guru
    07-28-2015, 07:42 PM #318
    I'm a media investor. The connected car business models (other than GM's Onstar) haven't been invented yet. I have heard on Sirius concalls that Sirius converts higher in connected cars than regular cars. Only makes sense, since 2/3 of Sirius subs use some sort of music streaming services. I don't invest in speculation. I invest in EBITDA, FCF and EPS.
    Muscle...i thought this was a great couple of questions from Jessica today. I think Meyers answer was very telling as why he is not overly worried about other entrants. I take it entrants could mean telcos, cable co, apple car play, att, etc.

Jessica Reif Cohen (Analyst - BofA Merrill Lynch):
    Thanks, I have -- sorry about my voice. I have two topics. One is on SX 17. Can you talk about the underlying costs, like as you go into the roll out and the timing of the benefits 2017?

Jim Meyer (CEO):

Well, I think I have said most of what I want to say about the timing, because it's going to be contingent on our auto partners roll out, and our auto partners prefer to keep those roll out plans confidential. I will tell you SiriusXM 17, the development of it is fully funded, within the guidance we've given you for this year.

And I certainly don't expect it to be a reason why next year's guidance would be different than what you normally would think it would be, okay? And so, we're investing heavily, but we are investing within the parameters I think you would expect for us going forward.

Jessica, we'll have more to say at the CE show in January. We are putting a lot of effort into this. You know very well, because you have been a very patient follower of this Company for many, many years, this stuff takes time, okay?

Which is one of the reasons why, occasionally when I read about how fast everybody thinks every new entrant is going to enter the vehicle, I kind of get a little skeptical, because I've lived it for 12 years. This will take time.

Muscle i also liked the answer to advertising $...I think they have a ton of room to go with that as well. I believe advertising revs are only like at 3% or 4%.
    Last edited by dm_4; 07-28-2015 at 07:56 PM.

07-28-2015, 07:58 PM #319
    @Muscle... just remember the Sirius XM and AT&T partnership that started back in 2013. I think some people forget how it all works but it's ok. We just think it's funny. Here's a little refresher.

“Your future car is going to be a smartphone with four wheels with powerful capabilities specifically built for a safe and enhanced customer experience,” said Glenn Lurie, president of AT&T Emerging Enterprises and Partnerships Organization. “By adding fast, reliable and built-in mobile internet for SiriusXM’s forthcoming in-car experience, we are powering a connected experience inside Nissan automobiles for both drivers and passengers.”

“As a Connected Vehicle services provider for Nissan, we are excited to work with AT&T to deliver a world-class telematics service to Nissan vehicles,” said Enrique Rodriguez, Executive Vice President, Operations and Products, SiriusXM. “SiriusXM is the leader in subscription services to the car and our network provides ubiquitous coast-to-coast delivery of our unparalleled audio entertainment and information services. Now, as we move into a connected vehicle world, SiriusXM will provide a telematics service that will offer Nissan vehicle owners a comprehensive set of telematics, information and entertainment services in their vehicle. A first for our industry.”

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...36750&mapcode=

Edit: Maybe AT&T will buy Sirius XM That would be the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by midas360; 07-28-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Guru
    07-28-2015, 08:06 PM #320
    Another great question from Jessica

Jessica Reif Cohen (Analyst - BofA Merrill Lynch):
    Absolutely. And then, the second topic was on advertising -- you had another amazing quarter. I mean, your growth is so far above most media. I think you said last quarter that it was -- a good part of it was fantasy sports. Can you just give color on what's really driving that growth? Where it is coming from?

Jim Meyer (CEO):

It is coming from all over, sports, our news products, and comedy and some other things. What's going on, I think as the base is growing and more and more advertisers are trying the product, frankly the old fashioned answer is, they are getting the results they want. It's a very smart, affluent audience with a credit card, and they are getting great responses and they keep coming back.

Fantasy continues to grow. As big as it is, it continues to grow, and there will be more action in that. But generally, I think the platform has matured as a true alternative vehicle for advertisers. And it wasn't always seen that way, and it is now. So we're optimistic on it.

Page 32 of 44 ... 22303132333442 ...