Page 31 of 44 ... 21293031323341 ...
    Addict
    07-28-2015, 04:34 PM #301
    Wall Street is going to have to reevaluate Sirius upward. Everybody on the street talks about internet competition for years now. Sirius sub additions are accelerating as internet streaming competition intensifies. Wall St is WRONG! Eventually they are going to realize that music streaming is replacing downloads not RADIO!

SLAM DUNK! GAME OVER!
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 07-28-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Guru
    07-28-2015, 04:50 PM #302
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Wall Street is going to have to reevaluate Sirius upward. Everybody on the street talks about internet competition for years now. Sirius sub additions are accelerating as internet streaming competition intensifies. Wall St is WRONG! Eventually they are going to realize that music streaming is replacing downloads not RADIO!

SLAM DUNK! GAME OVER!
    I remember idiots talking about how apple car play was gonna put siri out of business, att was gonna put siri out of buisness, etc, what a joke lol.

Addict
    07-28-2015, 05:01 PM #303
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    I remember idiots talking about how apple car play was gonna put siri out of business, att was gonna put siri out of buisness, etc, what a joke lol.
    I absolutely love it when Wall Street is wrong. It creates such opportunity. And they have their streaming competition analysis completely 100% WRONG. Numbers don't lie. Conversion is great. Churn is down. Sub additions are accelerating all in the face of the argument that internet streaming directly impacts Sat Radio. IT DOESN'T! THEY ARE WRONG! And when analysts get a theory wrong they will have to adjust up.

It is amazing to me that nobody on the street has realized that music streaming is to sat radio in the car what CD's were to terrestrial radio in the car. They are complementary not competitive.

WALL STREET IS WRONG! That's when money is made......

Guru
    07-28-2015, 05:07 PM #304
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I absolutely love it when Wall Street is wrong. It creates such opportunity. And they have their streaming competition analysis completely 100% WRONG. Numbers don't lie. Conversion is great. Churn is down. Sub additions are accelerating all in the face of the argument that internet streaming directly impacts Sat Radio. IT DOESN'T! THEY ARE WRONG! And when analysts get a theory wrong they will have to adjust up.

It is amazing to me that nobody on the street has realized that music streaming is to sat radio in the car what CD's were to terrestrial radio in the car. They are complementary not competitive.

WALL STREET IS WRONG! That's when money is made......
    not only was churn down....it was the best in company history!! They said thats prob not going to be sustainable but still.....cc was awesome man. Now we just need break on thru 4 hard and not look back!!

07-28-2015, 05:17 PM #305
    @Muscle... when it comes to "streaming music" to the vehicle, you've been the only one that has been right this entire time with respect to Sirius XM. Great call! However, as you already know, there are so many other products and services that can and will be offered via the "connected car." The most important part is connecting the vehicle to the internet. After they do that, the sky is the limit. This is where you are seeing a lot of activity with respect to the telco's. Can you shed some light on whether or not the cable companies are going to try and offer internet access to vehicles (maybe they do now. I do not know)? Thanks!

Edit: Maybe Spencer can shed some light on this subject as well with respect to Verizon?
    Last edited by midas360; 07-28-2015 at 05:26 PM.

07-28-2015, 05:23 PM #306
    I don't see how a company like Pandora, that loses money every month could be trading at $16 and we can't seem to get past $4

07-28-2015, 05:24 PM #307
    I've never really understood this either unless investors are speculating on potential future earnings?

Quote Originally Posted by getsirius View Post
    I don't see how a company like Pandora, that loses money every month could be trading at $16 and we can't seem to get past $4

Addict
    07-28-2015, 05:33 PM #308
    Quote Originally Posted by getsirius View Post
    Oh Good Lord....................Look at the market caps. Look at the enterprise values. It's not just the share price. Is this grade school?

Addict
    07-28-2015, 05:39 PM #309
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    @Muscle... when it comes to "streaming music" to the vehicle, you've been the only one that has been right this entire time with respect to Sirius XM. Great call! However, as you already know, there are so many other products and services that can and will be offered via the "connected car." The most important part is connecting the vehicle to the internet. After they do that, the sky is the limit. This is where you are seeing a lot of activity with respect to the telco's. Can you shed some light on whether or not the cable companies are going to try and offer internet access to vehicles (maybe they do now. I do not know)? Thanks!

Edit: Maybe Spencer can shed some light on this subject as well with respect to Verizon?
    I'm a media investor. The connected car business models (other than GM's Onstar) haven't been invented yet. I have heard on Sirius concalls that Sirius converts higher in connected cars than regular cars. Only makes sense, since 2/3 of Sirius subs use some sort of music streaming services. I don't invest in speculation. I invest in EBITDA, FCF and EPS.

07-28-2015, 05:42 PM #310
    Quote Originally Posted by getsirius - I don't see how a company like Pandora, that loses money every month could be trading at $16 and we can't seem to get past $4

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    I've never really understood this either unless investors are speculating on potential future earnings?
    C'mon guys... Market cap... How many shares outstanding.... If Sirius had the same share count as Pandora, they would be much higher per share.

BTW - thanks for the replies on buyback question. I re-listened to the conf call and caught it.

Page 31 of 44 ... 21293031323341 ...