Page 12 of 32 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Head Honcho
    06-10-2015, 08:12 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    With Apples aggressive expansion into the music delivery space, it now finally makes sense to me for Apple to pursue owning Sirius as we still are unique and singular in our technology. A possible future takeover target? Would Malone let it happen? Any thoughts?
    Apple will not purchase SiriusXM. People have been speculating this for years.

If you understand the culture of Apple and look at their past acquisitions, its pretty clear it will never* happen.

*Unless something about SiriusXM drastically changes
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-10-2015, 08:15 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Why do you think I own Comcast and Sirius?
    Does Comcast's declining subscriber base concern you?

I ask because I sold all of mine after they started reporting subscriber loses quarter after quarter.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-10-2015, 08:15 PM #113
    Well, at least I can tell you your situation isn't unique. It may make sense talking to a tax attorney if the amount of gains you would realize from the sale of the stock would make the investment in talking to a tax attorney worth it. Also, if you didn't sell it yet, you still have time.

If you need any additional help from here, just shoot me a PM and we can set up a phone call and my company/myself can help. I completely understand if you don't feel comfortable with this, but I would definitely talk to a tax attorney or tax expert if the economics warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    That is good to know. Thank you.

We tried going back to the company he worked for looking for records but, they have nothing. The actual company no longer exists. Anything I put on paper would be pure speculation based on stories. If the IRS asked me to PROVE anything, I could not. There is literally no proof.

The problem with this is, I don't even know the number of shares. He worked for the phone company which split into 7 different companies and those companies merged and split again. Not to mention stock splits.

I appreciate everything you're saying and I know my responses sound like I am being difficult but the situation we are in is a nightmare.

John Nash couldn't figure this out.

I hope everyone reads this personal information I made public and learns from it. If you or a loved one is holding stock that predates the new cost basis record keeping laws find out your cost basis now before its too late!

Addict
    06-10-2015, 11:27 PM #114
    Negligible... like 5 people?

Spotify and Pandora have 150+ million active users combined. I don't know what the sum of total online streaming listeners is but, for the sake of the discussion lets assume there are only 150 million total (a major understatement).

Now, those 150 million users have no alternative other than siriusxm because traditional music streaming no longer exists. What "negligible" percentage would become SiriusXM subscribers?
    If streaming music did not exist they would all go back to purchasing their music from iTunes. If iTunes didn't exist they would all go back to the old CDs and so on......Streaming music business is coming out of the download business. It is not radio. 2 very different businesses.

Addict
    06-10-2015, 11:38 PM #115
    Does Comcast's declining subscriber base concern you?

I ask because I sold all of mine after they started reporting subscriber loses quarter after quarter.
    Comcast sub numbers keep increasing quarter after quarter. What you are talking about is the lower margin video business which has had some minor declines and minor increases as well in the last several quarters. Year over year video sub losses are slowing. With X1 it will likely increase this year. But its not the main business anymore. Broadband is and it is exploding with much higher margins than video. One business writer put broadband margins at 90%. Doubt it is that high but it is very high. They have basically made DSL obsolete. 1 to 2 gig speeds will be commonplace in cable by end of 2016. Sub increases have accelerated.

For Video I think Malone and Roberts will eventually do a joint Comcast Charter TV Everywhere alliance. Everything is going On Demand. I think last count Comcast had full season stacking rights for about 550 TV shows and the top 100 current. I do think Malone has a plan to take on Netflix head on with the full cooperation of the cable industry. Used to be called the "Cable Mafia" by Al Gore I believe in the 90s. I also believe Cable will compete vigorously in wireless within 2 years. It already started in Europe.

I am higher on Comcast than even Sirius. They stole NBC Universal in my opinion. Best major content takeover I have ever seen. Just shy of 9 times EBITDA.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 06-11-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Addict
    06-10-2015, 11:51 PM #116
    Take care dudes. I don't belong here. I see everybody is trading and timing. I am not a trader. Not my thing. I am a media investor. Have fun guys....

06-11-2015, 02:02 AM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post

Also glad to see the likes of siriustimes, bdp, bjh and hopefully others take advantage of the pullback.

I love seeing people make $$$...Kick em in the fkn balls baby!!
    Thanks DM. I have a sell in at 3.88 for all I picked up the other day.

Mentor
    06-11-2015, 08:25 AM #118
    Take care dudes. I don't belong here. I see everybody is trading and timing. I am not a trader. Not my thing. I am a media investor. Have fun guys....
    Fundamentals, technicals, opinions, rants, jokes......all welcomed here. Your fundamental analysis is welcomed and appreciated. Keep it coming......I am learning from the dialogue.

06-11-2015, 11:40 AM #119
    Muscle... don't leave. Some of us are very interested in picking your brain about the broadband and cable industries. I do agree with Charles with respect to Apple buying Sirius XM. 2 completely different cultures. I think the market is just kicking Sirius XM down the road waiting to see what Apple, Google, etc do with music and online streaming.

I think everyone is playing catch up right now whether it's video or music streaming, broadband, wifi, cellular, etc. It's going to be a lot of fun watching them compete. I think the FCC is laying down the landscape for some serious competition.
    Last edited by midas360; 06-11-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Guru
    06-11-2015, 01:29 PM #120
    I am not worried about Muscle leaving. He has already said he is leaving at least three or four times in as many months and every time he comes back. Muscle you don't need to leave. We are all just a bunch of misfits here anyway....you fit in perfectly!
    Last edited by dm_4; 06-11-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Page 12 of 32 ... 2101112131422 ...