Page 11 of 13 ... 910111213
    05-22-2015, 11:48 AM #101
    Have a great weekend everyone!

My Dec 2015 target is still 5.25. Of course I thought we would be in the 4.25 range by now...

05-22-2015, 02:10 PM #102
    Never gonna happen

Addict
    05-22-2015, 07:43 PM #103
    Once this happens I am thinking about putting more profits to work in Sirius. 20 times previous years FCF per share makes me think Sirius is 20% undervalued. Hopefully TWC deal happens shortly

Bloomberg - Time Warner Cable Is in Sale Talks With Altice, Charter

Time Warner Cable Inc. is in talks about a potential sale to either Altice SA or Charter Communications Inc., people with knowledge of the matter said.

Talks with both companies are expected to continue through the weekend, and an agreement with either suitor could be reached as soon as next week, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing private information.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/time-w...205903415.html

Steiny - Watch for a response with content deals in 2 years after cable finishes consolidating. I am in all the cable players and most of the big content media companies. Everything in the space is undervalued based on EBITDA. Especially cable. That's why there is such big merger interest all over the globe. The combo of low multiples and high growth are just too enticing.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-22-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Addict
    05-23-2015, 10:23 AM #104
    This will be the best feature of the connected car - SXM17. Sirius is gonna kick ass on the internet in the car. On demand radio content and customized music.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...m=auto,-73,734

The name of the strategy is a dead giveaway to the timing of implementation -2017. I cannot freakin wait! This is the killer app in the car! I expect it will bring higher car penetration, higher ARPU, higher conversion and lower churn.

And thinking longer term it could possibly mean taking Sirius radio globally. Think about it, On Demand and customized music are internet app features not sat features. When you don't need the sats for these features what stops the car manufacturers from installing this worldwide?

To me this means in US cars the Sirius app is going in right alongside the sat radio button. I can't wait! I am more excited about this feature than any other connected car feature I have ever heard of.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-23-2015 at 10:54 AM.

05-23-2015, 03:01 PM #105
    I'm surprised with only 1B left in the current buyback that another has not been announced. Could it be with the final 250M retired with the remaining 1B which puts Liberty over 60% that this is the impetus for another shot at swallowing up SXM? I'm thinking back to the DTV RMT and think that was the % ownership...but I could be wrong.

As for the APP - if they don't allow for tagging of songs/artists in the car with the new APP that would be a mistake. To me it is the best way to personalize the experience and ensure you don't miss your favorite artist/show/sport event, etc - resulting in a sticky must have product in the car.

Addict
    05-23-2015, 07:05 PM #106
    Quote Originally Posted by MadEra View Post

As for the APP - if they don't allow for tagging of songs/artists in the car with the new APP that would be a mistake. To me it is the best way to personalize the experience and ensure you don't miss your favorite artist/show/sport event, etc - resulting in a sticky must have product in the car.
    Sirius' competition in the car is free. SXM17 with On Demand content and customized music will further differentiate Sirius from its largest free competition in the car - terrestrial radio. 200 million people a week listen to terrestrial radio in this country. SXM17 added to the in car sat radio experience is going to make terrestrial radio go the way of the dinosaur.

Addict
    05-24-2015, 10:30 AM #107
    In my opinion Sirius has become an extremely long term play again because of the announcement SXM17. I can see Sirius going to $10 per share over the next 4 to 5 years. To me this is very similar to Comcast's X1 announcement in Cable TV blurring the lines between TV and the internet in 1 platform. Mel used to say when Sirius can combine Sat radio and internet streaming in the car they will make 1+1 = 3. I think SXM17 is going to be the platform that accomplishes that.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-24-2015 at 10:34 AM.

05-25-2015, 10:33 AM #108
    Been listening to Pitbull's new channel in the car this weekend and have two thoughts: 1) this is prime real-estate (channel 4) for a predominantly latino experience that has previously been hidden much further back in the programming setup, and 2) it's such a diverse set of music (from reggeaton to rock in spanish to pop hits in english) and the ads on the station led me to explore more Latino programming on Sirius. Does anyone know if this channel is part of the $5.99 mostly latino package?

Addict
    05-25-2015, 10:44 AM #109
    Yeah Baby! Bidding War........

Financial Times excerpt -

One person informed on the talks said that Charter was prepared to pay a large premium to secure Time Warner Cable.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/62e8e9e4-0...s_yahoo/auddev

Love the broadband business. This should provide me some more firepower to add to my Sirius investments. I haven't been this positive about Sirius since Mel left. SXM17! Just drive the roads and you will see car after car with sat radio hockey puck antennas all over. It reminds me of the cable buildout of the 80s. Except this time with cars and only one company - Sirius. History repeats itself.

And they finally have an internet strategy in the car that marries Satellite radio content! Finally! This is what I wanted from Agero, not remote control engine start! An On Demand radio app built into the car
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-25-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Mentor
    05-25-2015, 02:55 PM #110
    Malone could have had TWC for around 45 Bn last year which was the accepted bid by Comcast that fell apart. Now it seems Malone and Charter are near a 55 Bn deal about a year and 1/2 later. Pretty steep price to pay for an initial LOWBALL offer...

As a LBRDA stock holder not too thrilled with the LowBall FK up.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/charte...160323240.html

Malone/CHTRs offer was about 132/share.......Comcast made a deal for about 159/share....now he will have to put up 195/share.........
    Last edited by denco1; 05-25-2015 at 03:00 PM.