04-09-2015, 10:59 AM #1

Problem accessing SiriusXM Canada with Grace Digital Solo

About two weeks ago, Grace Digital, supplier of internet radios, asked their users to update their firmware, saying it was to update the access to SiriusXM internet radio. Since that time I have been unable to access any SiriusXM channels. In fact my userid is rejected right from the start. I have been in contact with Grace Digital, and they acknowledge there is a problem, half-blaming SiriusXM for making changes. However, I also have a Logitech internet radio which continues to receive Sirius channels with no problem. In any case, the problem seems to be limited to subscribers to SiriusXM Canada and perhaps also to Solo internet radio users. It is very annoying for those who like myself are in that category. I hope Grace Digital won't abandon us, but they are certainly not very fast to fix the problem... we have been two weeks without Sirius on those units.

04-11-2015, 03:03 PM #2
    I'm in the same boat as you. All I got out of Grace was "the engineers have been made aware of the issue". I suspect that they messed up the routine that signs you into .com or .ca based on your location. Hopefully there are enough of us (Canadian SiriusXM subscribers) complaining to motivate them to fix it.

04-11-2015, 04:03 PM #3
    The Grace customer service emailed me yesterday saying the problem was fixed. It wasn't.

04-11-2015, 05:05 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shur View Post
    The Grace customer service emailed me yesterday saying the problem was fixed. It wasn't.
    I tried mine (an Innovator-X) this afternoon and it didn't work either. The woman from customer service (Linda) I've been dealing with said she'd be on vacation until the 15th. Wonder if she'll send me an "it's been fixed" email then too.

04-20-2015, 03:44 PM #5
    From Grace Digital's FaceBook page today:

Dear Canadian Sirius users, Please register your radio at myradio.gracedigital.com if you've not already registered it and sent your serial number to customerservice@gracedigital.com. we can get you back to your Sirius.

09-21-2015, 04:16 PM #6
    I am also stuck with not one, but two Grace Digital Radio's that no longer have access to SiriusXM in Canada. I did contact Grace Digital Customer Service. I gave them the model #, Firmware Version, and lastly the Product Code. This is the reply I received from Linda Ramirez at Grace Digital:

Unfortunately that radio will no longer be getting Sirius. Sirius sent out an update to is not compatible with our radio's ! We are offering a 40% off coupon for our brand new radio's that will still get Sirius and all the updates !

Nice to get a 40% discount, but then add the U.S./Canada exchange rate of 25%, plus shipping etc and you end up paying full price.

Who is responsible for this 'Update'? Is it Sirius that want to dis-enable internet radio's because they CUT into their profit?, or is it Grace Digital because they want to sell more radio's? Either way we are the losers once again.