Page 23 of 31 ... 132122232425 ...
    Mentor
    02-12-2015, 10:36 PM #221
    Parabolic has also come to mind the last 2 days as I have looked at the chart....what a move up. It will end and pull back at some point but when is the question. Still long with BIG core and a few margin blocks. Would like to unload another couple margin blocks over $4 but wont be sad to see the dog relax a bit either.....GLTA

Guru
    02-12-2015, 10:47 PM #222
    From 3.60 to 3.95 in about 6 trading days.....amazing. I am now certain i have never seen a 35 cent run up over the course of such time due to a cc.

Guru
    02-12-2015, 11:17 PM #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    RSI is "overbought" but that doesn't always mean anything. There was a very similar run some will remember back in 2012 that ran up in ... somewhat similar fashion, from the beginning of July to mid August and went 80 cents. A similar run from 3.33 would target 4.13.

There are a lot of things pointing to that area for this move. Best thing it could do there is digest sideways and pull back 30 cents or so and meet the 50 day MA on the way up.

I'd argue that SIRI has returned to "buy at or below the 50" on dips. Story changed with the sub release in Jan. I thought this would take a year from Jan 2014 thru Jan 2015... it came early in Oct 2013 and burned me > but I am thrilled with the opportunity given to add and scale through 2014.
    I remember nice run ups before....but im specifically talking from a cc date. I just dont ever recall a six day post cc runup. Were those dates you mention cc's runups? i would have to go back and check..but to be honest im just too tired right now.

Who the hell knows whats going on with this stock right now and for what reasons...regardless its pretty damn exciting.
    Last edited by dm_4; 02-12-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Guru
    02-13-2015, 09:24 AM #224
    For me personally SF there is really no one factor when trading siri or any stock for that matter. Also depends on timing as well. For example...Going into earnings i told everyone what my plan was multiple times. It was to buy the day before at whatever the price was and hold into earnings and sell the .10 rise. I bought at 3.60 day before cc and sold 3.69. I was fortunate to be able to buy a few cents lower shortly thereafter and sell 3.75. Both those trades were fairly easy based on timing of cc and knowng numbers were good. However today is a little different. Right now im debating on buying siri here at 3.92. Why would i actually be thinking of buying here if my last sell was 3.75 area and i was expecting a pull back, back then. Not only that why would i think about buying here knowing in past history siri run ups are many times often followed with pullbacks. After 5 or 6 days of running...one would expect some cooling off. To be honest we are in new territory right now which makes it a little more confusing until we figure out what the new range for siri is. I am thinking of buying here based on after hours action last night. If i do buy....i would def sell by say 3 pm as profit takers will do what they do.

Even when siri is in a normal trading range....it can be a very difficult stock to make money on. There are a lot easier stocks to trade than siri. i certainly trade siri but i also probably trade two or 3 other stocks during the day as well. The problem with siri in the past is that even when in a defined trading range....it often only moves a 3 to 5. So on those days you have little room to get in and out considering most times your never gonna get the ask/bid which makes it even tighter. So if you get lucky and you squeeze a 3 cent profit....ya have to put up some rather large capital to make it even worth it. Maybe now things will be different going forward with the removal of the converts. But like i said as far as trading stocks....many, many others out there easier than siri imho.

other things i personally use are same as most use....charts, indicators, spotting ranges, fundamentals and of course you guys here.

You mention "feel".....some of my most successful trades have been based on feel.

Good luck man...happy trading!

BTW...nice hit on that 70k man...cha ching!
    Last edited by dm_4; 02-13-2015 at 11:56 AM.

02-13-2015, 09:32 AM #225
    SF..have appreciated your insight for a long time. Thank you. I was an options trader back in 1996 or so. Was not disciplined enough and lost quite a bit of money being greedy and undisciplined. So, I commend you for trading out of your options recently with a nice profit. I have held Sirius since 2002! Went through all the bankruptcy terror and just kept adding more shares through that and through the years. I have only sold Siri for Required IRA annual disbursements. I have also traded Sirius at various times. I prefer owning the stock rather than options. Sirius has been a very good investment for me and my husband and we are grateful. Just thought I would share an over the hill opinion with you re options vs owning stock.

Guru
    02-13-2015, 09:36 AM #226
    SF...i just clicked on your chart... Dude...thats a riot!!!

Enthusiast
    02-13-2015, 10:41 AM #227
    No one can make predictions you can always take to the bank, no one knows your positions or risk tolerance, so don't take this as one. I am just giving what I see as possibilities and maybe what is more probable.

We are in a breakout so it depends if we can get enough fuel behind us to break 3.94 for the close. It sure seems like we might but it will be a fight. But at the same time beware that in most of these cases we will eventually return to the scene of the crime. A pull back to kiss 3.66 in the next few weeks and as long as a month could happen. Putting a buy in there with tight stops(slightly under 3.60) is a no brainer. Even if it never hits it is still a good play.(all stops should be there now for long termer's if it breaks below that again then you don't want the heartache.)
    It might be that the long time resistance at 3.87 could act as descent support though. If we can pull away from it a bit today.

Upside is hard to tell, resistances at 4.00, 4.18 obviously, and to a longer extent 4.28-4.38 and 4.80's. we will also meet a downward sloping trend line from the hey days somewhere between 4.50-4.80 next year.

My best guess is at either of the next 2 conference call we have a chance of testing post-.05 highs at 4.18.
    So I will be keeping a core holding, play with some looking for a possible pullback to 3.66 ; And 3.89 if we do go to 4 in the next few days.
    Congrats and good trading.
    https://www.tradingview.com/e/jx2YP44z/
    Last edited by airman; 02-13-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Addict
    02-13-2015, 11:52 AM #228
    Is anyone else considering buying at 3.87? I'm hoping for a few penny flip.

Guru
    02-13-2015, 12:03 PM #229
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Is anyone else considering buying at 3.87? I'm hoping for a few penny flip.
    i had a pre martket order in for 3.92...never filled. I thought about buying 3.87 based on airmans post....but it hit 3.86 so i am a watcher for now. I have my core so no urgent need to jump back in. If you do buy here.....you may have to hold it into next week. I do not want to do that.

Addict
    02-13-2015, 12:17 PM #230
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    i had a pre martket order in for 3.92...never filled. I thought about buying 3.87 based on airmans post....but it hit 3.86 so i am a watcher for now. I have my core so no urgent need to jump back in. If you do buy here.....you may have to hold it into next week. I do not want to do that.
    Decided to hold out for a dip into at least the low 3.70's.

Page 23 of 31 ... 132122232425 ...