Page 21 of 41 ... 11192021222331 ...
Results 201 to 210 of 407
  1. bcoz is offline
    Member
    bcoz's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2014 Location: Vestal, NY Posts: 37
    12-10-2014, 03:36 PM #201
    I got the impression that passengers would have access to Sirius entertainment along with this aviation tool. Could be reading too much into it but... There was also an ad on FOX today for Sirius that wasn't merely a product placement ad. It was a first for me, but I'm not into TV or FOX for that matter.

  2. Wolf Child is offline
    Addict
    Wolf Child's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 887
    12-10-2014, 04:23 PM #202
    Thanks bdp! Very helpful info.

  3. midas360 is offline
    12-11-2014, 07:27 PM #203
    We took a flight to Cleveland over the past the summer on American airlines. They had a similar product installed for every passenger. You could watch movies, listen to music, watch the flight in real time, etc. I saw a several passengers renting movies while others were viewing the flight pattern real time.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

  4. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 2,867
    12-11-2014, 07:34 PM #204
    Liberty Media Corporation has announced Mr. Flowers’ retirement from Liberty Media at the end of this year. Mr. Flowers has been Liberty Media’s Senior Vice President - Managing Director of Alternative Investments, since 2011


    http://biz.yahoo.com/e/141211/siri8-k.html

    Mark D. Carleton, age 54, previously served as a director of Sirius XM Radio Inc. from January 2013 to September 2013. Mr. Carleton has been Senior Vice President of Liberty Media Corporation since December 2003. Prior to joining Liberty Media, Mr. Carleton was a partner at KPMG LLP from 1993 to 2003, where he also served as a member of KPMG LLP's Board of Directors. Mr. Carleton currently serves as a director of Live Nation Entertainment, Inc., Barnes & Noble, Inc., Ideiasnet, Mobile Streams, Inc. and Air Methods Corporation. During the preceding five years, he also served as a director of Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc. and The DIRECTV Group, Inc.
    Last edited by dm_4; 12-11-2014 at 08:22 PM.

  5. Wolf Child is offline
    Addict
    Wolf Child's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 887
    12-12-2014, 10:32 AM #205
    Cheap oil= Cheap gas= SUV sales= #1 SUV Jeep Grand Cherokee= 1 year trials= I'm buying right now.

  6. SlapShot27 is offline
    Senior Member
    SlapShot27's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 307
    12-12-2014, 11:07 AM #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    Cheap oil= Cheap gas= SUV sales= #1 SUV Jeep Grand Cherokee= 1 year trials= I'm buying right now.
    ...Buying when I can when the SP is attractive. A few thousands shares here... A few thousand shares there

  7. midas360 is offline
    12-12-2014, 12:48 PM #207
    Don't let current oil prices discourage anyone. The dropping price is basically a reflection of too much oil supply versus too little demand. This will be temporary as it's being viewed as a tax cut for consumers and corporate America. Imagine how much will be saved for the consumer and retailers, airline industry, UPS, FedEx, etc... The list goes on. I would be a buyer of the cheap oil drillers once oil prices stabilize. Will it drive consumers to buy new or used cars? I doubt it. They've been buying regardless.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

  8. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 2,867
    12-12-2014, 05:48 PM #208
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Don't let current oil prices discourage anyone. The dropping price is basically a reflection of too much oil supply versus too little demand. This will be temporary as it's being viewed as a tax cut for consumers and corporate America. Imagine how much will be saved for the consumer and retailers, airline industry, UPS, FedEx, etc... The list goes on. I would be a buyer of the cheap oil drillers once oil prices stabilize. Will it drive consumers to buy new or used cars? I doubt it. They've been buying regardless.
    Temporary? Not shocked that the IEA disagrees with you.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...ve-months.html

  9. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 2,867
    12-12-2014, 06:07 PM #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Dropping price in anything equals supply exceeding demand... and why would falling oil discourage anyone?

    Bunch of stupid in that post wtf?
    the best part was...."This will be temporary as it's being viewed as a tax cut for consumers and corporate America. "

    So....when we stop viewing lower oil prices as a tax cut....the price of oil will start going back up? say wtf?????? lmao.

  10. bdp. is offline
    Addict
    bdp.'s Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Posts: 795
    12-12-2014, 06:38 PM #210
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    the best part was...."This will be temporary as it's being viewed as a tax cut for consumers and corporate America. "

    So....when we stop viewing lower oil prices as a tax cut....the price of oil will start going back up? say wtf?????? lmao.
    "Discouraged" by falling oil prices? Only if I owned oil stock. Otherwise I couldn't be more delighted!

Page 21 of 41 ... 11192021222331 ...