Page 8 of 25 ... 67891018 ...
    Guru
    11-13-2014, 02:15 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by denco1 View Post
    BOOMASCHLONGDINGDONG!!

Thanks for the link DM...SIRI has what all of them want. A huge base of monetizing recurring subs.

I agree Wolf.....make your move GOOG.....or AAPL......or FB........or AMZN
    Yup they have the infrastructure, the dashboard, Subs, FCF and Content!!

Mentor
    11-13-2014, 02:21 PM #72
    How much longer will MaloneCo continue to take a dump on their own stock--LMCA/LMCK--and stock holders during this buy back. LMCA has sucked just as bad as SIRI over the past year. When SIRI moves so will LMCA.....how much longer before they make their move and let them both go.

LMCASIRI.jpg

Enthusiast
    11-13-2014, 02:44 PM #73
    How much longer will MaloneCo continue to take a dump on their own stock--LMCA/LMCK--and stock holders during this buy back. LMCA has sucked just as bad as SIRI over the past year. When SIRI moves so will LMCA.....how much longer before they make their move and let them both go.

LMCASIRI.jpg
    I'm thinking after the dust settles from the redemption of the exchangeable notes on 12/1 14 another offer from Liberty will be coming. They just completed the split off their cable interests, seems to coincide with the date of the notes. Probably down one more time when the exchanged notes hit the market and then complete their purchase of shares with cash left, then offer. Just my opinion but they have milked out as many shares as possible without paying a premium. Only about 800 mil in reets hands now, most of those will probably hold at this point.

Addict
    11-13-2014, 05:51 PM #74

LMCASIRI.jpg
    I'm thinking once buyback bucks are exhausted, but not until then. Remember, the more shares that are removed from the float, the higher Liberty's % ownership; and full ownership has always been their agenda. Once their huge piece of the pie has been maximized, the next step is to increase market cap and that's when we fly. If Liberty has the power to suppress the sp, they certainly have an equal amount of strength to work it the other way. It wouldn't surprise me if retail ownership ends up dipping near 10% before this happens and I suspect another low ball effort is coming our way as well. I am feeling better about my hair brained decision to hold on all these years when most everyone I knew thought I was a fool. So maybe just a few more "wtf?" pullbacks and we will be set free! The only thing that concerns me is, of course, the inevitable buyout offer and the mess that can cause again.

Enthusiast
    11-13-2014, 06:54 PM #75
    What you have to keep in mind is that LMCA has been buying back LMCA as well... (as far as I understand) so, both SIRI and LMCA "sucking" during the process is good for the INVESTOR who is in it to completion.

Everything is ticking along just fine. The street chatter and consistently negative tone of most writers about SIRI serves its purpose. People are so concerned, negative, etc. Read the comments in CN's most recent article... couple guys in there sold out long term positions in the past couple days and I get messages (though now less frequent) from people who sold here and there.

What happens is SIRI goes above $3.50... these guys say "I will sell at $3.85! once it gets back there!"... then it drops down to $3.16 and they go ahhhh... what if it hits $2.70 oh my god I will sell at $3.50 if it gets back there....

At some point they sell... "stock sucks" .... "Been in this for 5 years and I just want to dump this crap (despite being up 30X in that period..." "we will never see $4 again"

There are still a large number of people out there who are looking for $4 again to sell. I figure they beat the rest of the shares out between $3.50 and $4 because of it. Anyone holding at $4 is either looking for $10 for whatever odd reason... or is some long term holder who is holding through the process (like myself) and not interested in flipping the thing all over the place, or doesn't care that it has dragged and has just been adding on dips.

Why let it go to $2.70? There would be far too many buyers there... and SIRI doesn't want long term buyers buying, or even a significant number of traders...

Still wish I had done a $4 spread... kicking myself. My overall CB on my $2.50's is $0.7525 ... it could be $0.50 and I'd be sitting at a double here cuz those $4's can be covered for a penny....

Mentor
    11-13-2014, 07:05 PM #76
    I think a lot of the mess has already been cleaned up with the spin and thus a buy out offer will be much more in line with shareholder expectations on both sides.....if/when we see another offer. I also agree that things should clean up even more once these converts are behind us.....of course next Wednesday will be interesting and hopefully give us a bit more clarity with the spin related events down the line a bit. Thanks for the comments guys

Enthusiast
    11-13-2014, 07:25 PM #77
    Let's see if Cramer mentions SIRI in his little buyback "blah blah blah" (don't ask me why I have CNBC on... it's worthless :P )

Enthusiast
    11-13-2014, 07:30 PM #78
    Nope... he's not allowed to mention SIRI yet

Mentor
    11-14-2014, 10:52 AM #79
    Institutional holdings ticked down today to 27.47%

Should be pretty fluid over the next few days.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/siri/in...ional-holdings

Guru
    11-14-2014, 11:14 AM #80
    Pandhorror up 9%, CEO buys 25k shares.

Page 8 of 25 ... 67891018 ...