Page 3 of 13 12345 ...
    Addict
    01-03-2013, 10:24 AM #21
    Now I get it. Where in Florida?.............I'm full-time resident here in Boca Raton where it is a lovely 73 degrees outside.

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Yes! But right now I'm in Florida

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 10:25 AM #22
    Yes! But right now I'm in Florida
    That explains it because I was wondering how you where going to the beach also LOL!!!

Guru
    01-03-2013, 10:26 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    Ok, so I'm no expert but here's my review of the P&F charts.

On the 1 cent HI/LOW chart... we just had a double top breakout so that's a bullish sign of further upside.
    On the 1 cent CLOSING chart... we just had a double top breakout so that's a bullish sign

On the 5 cent HI/LOW chart... we've recently had a triple top breakout which is an even more bullish sign.
    On the 5 cent CLOSING chart... we're in an ascending triple top breakout... a very bullish sign. Resistance looks like it will be at 3.15, 3.20, and 3.30.

Overall I think we're heading higher towards possibly 3.15 and may put a sell in at 3.14.

David
    Nice write up! I hesitated to say I put a trade at 3.18 but took it down. My target for a while has been 3.08. I bet ill regret not trimming some today. The ezone on stockta.com (click intraday then ezone) says sell 3.06

Guru
    01-03-2013, 10:28 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    Now I get it. Where in Florida?.............I'm full-time resident here in Boca Raton where it is a lovely 73 degrees outside.
    In venice fa. Congrats on residency

Visiting family and getting away! (From work...not stocks

01-03-2013, 10:28 AM #25
    You bet. I needed this feature too as I was missing PM's all the time.

Well, I'll be damned.............yep, it was there all the time, even when I looked earlier. Thanks Midas.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 10:32 AM #26
    Question (sort of off topic, I suppose): Is there an option here to be notified via email when one receives an IM? I've looked all through the personal profile section but didn't find that answer.

PS. Yoda, I've always viewed the SIRI P&F with one cent incriments. You bring up a new point of view for me (3 and 5 cent steps); I think I'll try your way and see if it looks any different to me.
    SI.

From all my reading (with a grain of salt) the stocks in our $ range on the P&F charts (according to Dorsey) require that you use a box size of .25. But the way SIRI moves we have had to use a box size of .01 which gives a closer view of what it is doing and makes it easier to follow. Where we are at now I am having to increase the box size to be able to see the older data on the chart and compare it (free charts from stockcharts).

Note: With larger box sizes SIRI almost always shows Bullish hence the .01 box.
    Last edited by abcdarin; 01-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 10:39 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdarin View Post
    SI.

From all my reading (with a grain of salt) the stocks in our $ range on the P&F charts (according to Dorsey) require that you use a box size of .25. But the way SIRI moves we have had to use a box size of .01 which gives a closer view of what it is doing and makes it easier to follow. Where we are at now I am having to increase the box size to be able to see the older data on the chart and compare it (free charts from stockcharts).

Note: With larger box sizes SIRI almost always shows Bullish hence the .01 box.
    That's exactly the reason why I went from a 1 cent box to a 5 cent box... couldn't see any resistance points in the 1 cent ones.

David

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 10:41 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    That's exactly the reason why I went from a 1 cent box to a 5 cent box... couldn't see any resistance points in the 1 cent ones.

David
    Yoda....this is a bit off topic but do you know if you join stock charts can you get a wider chart. I have been thinking of joining but i don't know if it is worth it.

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 10:46 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdarin View Post
    Yoda....this is a bit off topic but do you know if you join stock charts can you get a wider chart. I have been thinking of joining but i don't know if it is worth it.
    You can get a little bit wider a view if you select the box for wide chart located at the far right of the Duration row. As for joining, I have no idea what that buys you.

David

Enthusiast
    01-03-2013, 10:48 AM #30
    Nice write up! I hesitated to say I put a trade at 3.18 but took it down. My target for a while has been 3.08. I bet ill regret not trimming some today. The ezone on stockta.com (click intraday then ezone) says sell 3.06
    Thanks im... note: this is just my take on the P&F chart and I don't consider myself to be an expert by any means. Rather I'm more of a beginner. If I were you, I'd have a more senior person confirm my diagnosis before you go trading based on my reviews.

David

Page 3 of 13 12345 ...