10-20-2012, 05:27 PM #1

My reception in home is terrible, how do i change the frequency?

My Stiletto is causing me nothing but grief, as my reception always cuts out in about 5 minutes. It used to cut out about 20 times a day, and for two years, I would go and restart it, which was very annoying. Now, I can't get reception longer than about 5 minutes, so am unable to listen to it any longer. They could not get a satellite reception at my home, so I am on Internet connection. I called my service provider, and they said it has to do with my belkin router. I called Belkin and of course they won't help me because it is past warranty. So, I am unable to use my satellite radio at all, which is very frustrating. I went to Belkin support page and they said to find a static station Well, I don't know what a static station is, and googling did not give me an answer. Another help site said to change the channel through the MENU button, but there is no menu button on my Stilleto 2. I changed the frequency from 0, and tried 1, 2 and 3, but all cut out within minutes. Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get a reception so I can go back to listening to music and get the smile back on my face? Thank you SO much! Sharon

Head Honcho
    10-21-2012, 12:13 AM #2
    Hi Sharon, welcome to the forums.

Can I make a request? Have you tried using your stiletto on someone elses wifi network? Its hard to give you good advice because we don't even know what the real issue is. I could be your router and if that is the case, you're going to need to either fix or upgrade it.

Are you familiar with your routers administration console? Does your router have the latest firmware? If not, I'd start there.

Do you live in a densely populated area? If so, there could be other wifi network signals interfering with your own. If so, you should try setting your wireless channel to 1, 6, or 11 and seeing which works best.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-21-2012, 03:36 PM #3
    Thank you very much for your help, Charles. I had no idea I was supposed to do updates on my router. I did check and it said there was an update available, however when I try to download it, I get this message- "Firmware Update Failure: You have attempted to install an incompatible firmware version. Your router will now reboot."

I have not tried using it on a friends's wifi, (good idea, but they all live in a different area, so I am not sure if that would give me an answer to my problem) and I am not familiar with the routers admin console. I do not live in a densely populated area, but I do live on a mountain side, which was the reason I could not get a satellite reception and have to use the Internet connection. I never have connection issues with my computers though.

I have tried every station, none will play longer than two minutes. I now think it is a problem with the Sirius itself, as I just tried to play my Library, which is recorded on the hard drive, and even it will not play longer than a couple of minutes. Does that not indicate that it is a problem with the phone, because it shouldn't need a router to play what is on my Library. That being said, I have always had reception problems going through the Internet, ever since I first got the phone, I have always had to restart it twenty times a day. When I use my Satellite connection in Arizona, it works perfectly fine. Thanks! Sharon

Head Honcho
    10-21-2012, 10:34 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonSnowbird View Post
    Thank you very much for your help, Charles. I had no idea I was supposed to do updates on my router. I did check and it said there was an update available, however when I try to download it, I get this message- "Firmware Update Failure: You have attempted to install an incompatible firmware version. Your router will now reboot."
    Did you try to update the firmware from within your routers admin console? That is where you have to go to apply an update to the router itself.

I have not tried using it on a friends's wifi, (good idea, but they all live in a different area, so I am not sure if that would give me an answer to my problem)
    It would tell you if there is a problem with your router or your stiletto.

I have tried every station, none will play longer than two minutes.
    No station, I said channel. Your router broadcasts a wireless signal on 11 channels. If you neighbor happens to be running on the same channel as you, it could create interference in the signal.

I now think it is a problem with the Sirius itself, as I just tried to play my Library, which is recorded on the hard drive, and even it will not play longer than a couple of minutes.
    Are you talking about the Stiletto hard drive? Have you upgraded to the latest firmware in the Stiletto? If not, follow these instructions and do so now; http://www.siriusretail.com/sl2update/index.html
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder