04-03-2012, 07:54 AM #1

Bewildered

New to Siriusxm. Can't decide which Receiver to get. Reading reviews, they all seem to have their problems. Sort of leaning toward the XMP3i or the Edge. Cruchfield has stopped selling the XMP3i as some others. That bothers me. Is it discontinued?

Bewildered. . . .

04-04-2012, 08:47 AM #2
    Also the Onyx and the Lynx are in the running. None really have all the features I want, like built in Bluetooth and FM. The Lynx has Bluetooth, but, requires a vehicle kit to get FM. The only portable is the XMP3i, but, it requires a vehicle kit too.

About the only thing I've decided on is I'll get either XM or SiriusXM. Not interested in Sirius or Internet.

Bewildered . . . .

04-04-2012, 09:34 PM #3
    Well, I didn't get any of these. I opted for the XM Snap. Has built in FM and an aux cable for my Pioneer Radio in my Jeep. Simple with no need for a vehicle dock. I can also improvise for home use.

Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.

It'll be here by Saturday.

04-10-2012, 08:04 AM #4
    Talk about Plug and Play . . . .Took the XM Snap out of the box, threw the antenna up on the Jeep's dash, Plugged in the aux cable into the radio and plugged both cables into the Snap, plugged the Snap into the cigarette lighter, turned that baby on and Bingo, I've started my 5 day free subscription and it works great.

Can't believe the antenna works on my dash. The jeep's windshield is quite straight up and down so I didn't think the XM would pick up thru the windshield, but, it does.

Gone from Bewildered to Pleased. . . . . .
    Last edited by OlManRivah; 04-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.

04-10-2012, 03:59 PM #5
    Glad to read it worked out well for you.