View Poll Results: How does it all end?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approval under Martin's propsal.

0 0%
  • Approval under Tate's (hypothetical) proposal.

13 92.86%
  • Approval under Adelstein's proposal.

0 0%
  • One or both of the companies walks away from the deal.

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12
    07-22-2008, 02:58 PM #1

When the smoke clears...

The options are getting fewer, and fewer.

07-22-2008, 04:13 PM #2
    Having them walk away at this point with 2 votes after 500+ days of trying to merge is pretty unlikely.

Enthusiast
    07-22-2008, 04:27 PM #3

Smells Like Tate Spirit

IIRC, Mel and company have shared the most recent meetings with Tate. It would appear that any further concessions would be according to Tate. As Adelstein remains the wallflower, Tate, with the more reasonable attitude, holds a full dance card.

07-23-2008, 03:06 PM #4
    Brett1965
    deewcom
    Dlite
    mudslinger
    Newman
    SteveSirius
    thevault56
    voogru

07-23-2008, 03:43 PM #5
    Long time coming, just sorry to see it will be the GOP side that will make the ultimate decision. Hopefully we'll all see some nice movement of Sirius now.

07-23-2008, 03:45 PM #6
    I expect it to be very volatile in the next couple of days with short term flippers, lots of trailing stops, and all sorts of madness.

Guru
    07-23-2008, 04:01 PM #7
    cmule, are you kidding me, it took you this long to realize, it was your party that was slowing/stopping this merger. This is how you party is and always has been for the last 30 years at least.

Enthusiast
    07-23-2008, 04:30 PM #8

Republicans Delayed The Merger Process

Was it not the Republican DOJ and then Republican Martin prolonging the merger process and vote? Did Republican-friendly Clear Channel benefit from the protracted delay since it had its own pending deal? Everyone knew what to expect from the Democrats. We knew that democrats would likely attempt to block any consolidation. We'd hoped and expected (and bet with our pocketbooks) that a Republican-controlled DOJ and a Republican majority at the FCC would expedite and approve the SIRI/XM merger. IMHO, Terrestrial Radio interests had their ears for a very long time.

Whether one is a Republican or otherwise, facts are facts. Many small investors lost their money, due to the extended time period which enabled bashing from BOA, GS, and others, heavy short selling and the ultimate deadly margin calls.

It ain't over till Tate sings. I hope she is a good Republican.

07-23-2008, 05:28 PM #9

Cool

Sounds like they've all been drunk for some time now, and finally it's becoming a somering effect.

Guru
    07-23-2008, 05:43 PM #10
    deewcom, I tell you why it took so long after the merger is approved. Lets face it this was a long shot to begin with. I will say this I can almost guarantee you that if the congress was controled by the repulicans when this merger came to the FCC and DOJ you would have seen a decision along time ago. So as to democrats pissing and moaning about how long this took. They only have themselves to blame for putting the democrats in control in congress/senate. Besides this deal (that they slowed) they didn't get what they were suppose to get for the people that put them there. I seem to recall something about gas prices being to high and they would bring them down, when they got control. Hey by the way hows that, we will get the troops home when we take control, going for you democrats. They have done nothing except slow this merger, that is not what I would call a big accomplishment. All I am saying is that the next time democrats want to vote for democrats, ask yourselves who has been giving them approval ratings in the single digits. I will tell you, the same morons that will try and vote them in again.
    Last edited by john; 07-23-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: change

Page 1 of 2 12