01-14-2012, 12:31 AM #1

Tabletop Streaming Radios

I'd like to find a tabletop radio to stream the Sirius programs, but there are some strange things I'm finding as I look for one. The TTR1 that sreamed only Sirius gets some good reviews, but finding one is next to impossible, every retailer listed carrying it says it is out of stock.

The Grace radio that plays not only Sirius but Pandora and others, is another that seems very hard to find. I sent an email to the company that makes and sells these and can get no response.

Anyone recommend a good radio and any idea on what is happening with these other two?

Thanks!

Head Honcho
    01-19-2012, 02:57 AM #2
    What about streaming through an iPod touch or iPhone? Then you could buy a nice dock and have a nice little entertainment system not limited to just Sirius XM.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-20-2012, 12:36 AM #3

Thanks so much for a reply, finally!

First of all thank you for a reply, I thought I was talking to myself LOL

Do ipods stream? I've never had one, see no need for once since I don't go anywhere would I would need one. I'm in a remote area and rarely leave home. When we do go some place we have sirius in the vehicle what we want is something for home that plays like a radio.

Is there no one out there that knows anything about these things?

Head Honcho
    01-20-2012, 01:01 AM #4
    An iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone without the phone. It runs most apps including the Sirius XM streaming application.

You could always setup a regular plug and play sirius or xm receiver at home, if you have a set of speakers or stereo system to plug it into.

If you have a computer around you could also stream the feed through their internet player.

As far as a Sirius XM tabletop system goes, I hear great things about the Logitech Squeezebox.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-21-2012, 03:44 PM #5
    Well I have computers three of them in fact, but I don't want to just stream when they are on. The whole point of a tabletop is to be able to stream as a regular radio would. I have a Sony Soundbar that I stream a Roku on, but the Sirius through that isn't giving me some of the internet streamed programs I want to listen to. The Squeezebox is probably the best way to go. Thanks for the recommendation.

Head Honcho
    01-21-2012, 08:28 PM #6
    Glad I could help.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-01-2012, 12:02 PM #7
    I stream sirius with the Musicdock app on my iphone or ipod in the house. i also use an fm transmitter i got from ccradio to blast it to every radio in the house. the sound is great. also with the music doc app you don't get timed out as often as with the sirius app.

03-02-2012, 12:26 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by flannery View Post
    Well I have computers three of them in fact, but I don't want to just stream when they are on. The whole point of a tabletop is to be able to stream as a regular radio would. I have a Sony Soundbar that I stream a Roku on, but the Sirius through that isn't giving me some of the internet streamed programs I want to listen to. The Squeezebox is probably the best way to go. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I noticed that you said you weren't getting some of the Sirius programming that you wanted on the Soundbar. That could mean a couple of different things, but I thought it could be possible that you were unaware that the internet stream and the satellite programming are different. Everything on Satellite is not available on the internet stream, no matter what device you use.