Page 2 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    05-29-2011, 02:11 AM #11

WTF! And other things...................................

My main-man Socal was also in excellent form . . . blue T with white lettering, shades-down and sporting the Steve Prefontaine look . . . with a couple weeks training, I betcha socal could lace-up his Oregon Waffles and still go out and turn-in a 1:48 half. The guy is an animal!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I can't figure out is how the hell you have the time to post with all that coin you have to enjoy life with! Nice buys SRK. Oops maybe this is a different thread. Hey I posted at KOAT the day Rick said he was gone forever...........LMFAO!!! I mean really. How many times can relmor and nitwit (not you johnny), post back and forth to each other.

Truth is at the end of the day a few posters carry the thread, and the rest sort of make it some part of their individual game. I think they all suck (sites that it) to be honest. Just being real. However, there are many people that I have found interesting to meet and read. It's just that the few overcome the rest.

So here is the deal. Hats off to those that continue to live the dream. The core group seems to just keep getting stronger. I myself seem completely occupied with carrying my last teenager over the graduation line. It's like really!!! Theres nothing left in the store and the cupboards are bare.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to anyone who actually reads this thread. Nice to see you SRK. And Julie. Yes. How's the friggen weather? And hopeful, sell any friggen cars this year? Eh? And honestly havashit and dumbshitter are right. Koat didn't follow through. Where the hell is the candyass candleman. Is he still giving money to charity, cause my college account needs some. Oh and to Bill on marketwatch. Lady Gaga should have you jerking the chain on a daily basis about now.

Catch you all later. Stay cool. socal.

P.S. I think a threesome with Julie and Sherry would be a good day. Just saying..........

Mentor
    05-29-2011, 10:44 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    SL

You are such a wonderful, understanding, tolerant, empathetic individual; I may have to retract 1/2 of one percent of what I have said, or thought, about you.

Let's have a beer. Or two. Or dinner.

Seeking Alpha has a number of very greedy people.

But what you would expect in an investment site.

The Buzz rules.
    I detect an edit has occurred in this post Atyp . . . and just when I figured out what that string of consonants-only stood for.

Eh, I guess discretion is the better part of valor**

** Discretion is the better part of valor**

DEFINITION:

dis·cre·tion (d-skrshn) n.
    1. The quality of being discreet; circumspection. See Synonyms at prudence.
    2. Ability or power to decide responsibly.
    3. Freedom to act or judge on one's own: All the decisions were left to our discretion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dis·cretion·al adj.
    dis·cretion·al·ly adv.

APPLICATION:
    Prov. It is good to be brave, but it is also good to be careful.; If you are careful, you will not get into situations that require you to be brave. Son: Can I go hang gliding with my friends? Father: No. Son: But they'll say I'm chicken if I don't go! Father: Discretion is the better part of valor, and I'd rather have them call you chicken than risk your life.

ORIGINS:

Falstaff:
    To die is to be a counterfeit, for he is but the counterfeit of
    a man who hath not the life of a man; but to counterfeit dying,
    when a man thereby liveth, is to be no counterfeit, but the true
    and perfect image of life indeed. The better part of valor is
    discretion, in the which better part I have sav'd my life.

Henry The Fourth, Part 1 Act 5, scene 4, 115–121
    Almost invariably quoted today as "Discretion is the better part of valor," Falstaff's phrase elegantly redeems a cowardly act. The bragging, bulbous knight has just risen from his feigned death; he had played the corpse in order to escape real death at the hands of a Scotsman hostile to Henry IV. Claiming that abstractions like "honor" and "valor" will get you nothing once you're dead, Falstaff excuses his counterfeiting as the kind of "discretion" that keeps a man from foolishly running into swords in order to cultivate a reputation for heroism. If counterfeiting keeps you alive, well then, it's not counterfeiting, but an authentic "image of life." Falstaff confuses "image" with "reality," but we forgive him; as far as he's concerned, "valor" is an image too, and you've got to stay alive in order to find more opportunities to cultivate that image.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-29-2011 at 10:48 AM.

05-29-2011, 04:39 PM #13
    Mr. Killings-On-The-Road

As one who knows the difference between ‘discrete’ and ‘discreet’, I am continually amazed at your uncommon ability to regularly ferret-out fascinating morsels of information. Day after day I strive to digest the tasty appetizers you somehow create in a kitchen, safe-house, or lair, somewhere.

And, now, I am on the plate, cooked to perfection, provided with overwhelming evidence of my duplicity. With trimmings, too!

To this, I can only say, you sir, are the master of your realm. No one should ever have the temerity to attempt a subterfuge here. They will live to regret it. I have. Embarrassment will be swift and lasting.

May I, in my most respectful tone, ask, are you in law enforcement perhaps? Cryptography comes to mind. Maybe, deep undercover work, like Serpico?

I’m sorry – that was rude of me to ask.

Anyway, I deeply regret adding to your very heavy workload. You have better crimes to uncover but I am somehow pleased that my craven attempt did not go unnoticed by you. I do want you to know, however, that I am fully, completely, overwhelmingly chastened. Doing anything like this again will be avoided – or I will ask your permission. I have no ability to survive another encounter like this.

Well done, Officer!
    Last edited by Atypical; 05-29-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Mentor
    05-29-2011, 05:54 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Mr. Killings-On-The-Road

As one who knows the difference between ‘discrete’ and ‘discreet’, I am continually amazed at your uncommon ability to regularly ferret-out fascinating morsels of information. Day after day I strive to digest the tasty appetizers you somehow create in a kitchen, safe-house, or lair, somewhere.

And, now, I am on the plate, cooked to perfection, provided with overwhelming evidence of my duplicity. With trimmings, too!

To this, I can only say, you sir, are the master of your realm. No one should ever have the temerity to attempt a subterfuge here. They will live to regret it. I have. Embarrassment will be swift and lasting.

May I, in my most respectful tone, ask, are you in law enforcement perhaps? Cryptography comes to mind. Maybe, deep undercover work, like Serpico?

I’m sorry – that was rude of me to ask.

Anyway, I deeply regret adding to your very heavy workload. You have better crimes to uncover but I am somehow pleased that my craven attempt did not go unnoticed by you. I do want you to know, however, that I am fully, completely, overwhelmingly chastened. Doing anything like this again will be avoided – or I will ask your permission. I have no ability to survive another encounter like this.

Well done, Officer!

Mentor
    05-29-2011, 08:58 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    My main-man Socal was also in excellent form . . . blue T with white lettering, shades-down and sporting the Steve Prefontaine look . . . with a couple weeks training, I betcha socal could lace-up his Oregon Waffles and still go out and turn-in a 1:48 half. The guy is an animal!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I can't figure out is how the hell you have the time to post with all that coin you have to enjoy life with! Nice buys SRK. Oops maybe this is a different thread. Hey I posted at KOAT the day Rick said he was gone forever...........LMFAO!!! I mean really. How many times can relmor and nitwit (not you johnny), post back and forth to each other.

Truth is at the end of the day a few posters carry the thread, and the rest sort of make it some part of their individual game. I think they all suck (sites that it) to be honest. Just being real. However, there are many people that I have found interesting to meet and read. It's just that the few overcome the rest.

So here is the deal. Hats off to those that continue to live the dream. The core group seems to just keep getting stronger. I myself seem completely occupied with carrying my last teenager over the graduation line. It's like really!!! Theres nothing left in the store and the cupboards are bare.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to anyone who actually reads this thread. Nice to see you SRK. And Julie. Yes. How's the friggen weather? And hopeful, sell any friggen cars this year? Eh? And honestly havashit and dumbshitter are right. Koat didn't follow through. Where the hell is the candyass candleman. Is he still giving money to charity, cause my college account needs some. Oh and to Bill on marketwatch. Lady Gaga should have you jerking the chain on a daily basis about now.

Catch you all later. Stay cool. socal.

P.S. I think a threesome with Julie and Sherry would be a good day. Just saying..........

Seems like only yesterday, a single share of siri would not even buy us a cup of Top Raman soup . . . now, with my A & P Club Card, I can almost buy a full case!

Johnnyirish used to be a regular guy . . . dreaming of a little summer-place down-the-shore in North Wildwood, happily passing time at "Flip-Flopz"(*) while the old-lady decorated the beach house. Now I hear Irish has a yenta real estate agent driving him all around Avalon and Strathmere. I wish I had his wad!

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." ~ George Moore

Welcome home socal . . . stay awhile; you my friend are an original Picasso!

MrsIrishXM: Junior, where's Daddy?
    Junior: Said something about needing Flip-Flopz
    MrsIrishXM: That bastard . . wait til he gets home

(*) http://flipflopzbarandgrill.com/Photo.asp

reason why johnnyirish disappears to Flip-Flopz pictured below; click to enlarge
    hypothetically speaking, in an alternate universe of course, which one do you think Irish would go for? I bet I know!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-29-2011 at 09:39 PM.

05-29-2011, 10:07 PM #16
    Johnny is headed for the cute, curly haired redhead, second from the right.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Enthusiast
    05-30-2011, 03:54 AM #17
    Irish is truly one of those good guys you always turn to for those moments when you need some sensibility.

That being said however, he was put on a program by the entire koat dream. wet as it it. I mean placed as a board member. given his own email and voice mail, etc. then made to entertain boredom and redundancy at maximum power.

WE however all know that the true Irish is indeed someone that would always be welcome at my home and yours.

Enthusiast
    05-30-2011, 03:57 AM #18
    Julie.

You do realize that srk is a true endurance runner. I can still log a few thrusts and hopeful is a young pup full of fluids. Who was the other id?????????????????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway, not sure what got into you since I left, but keep it "UP". Seems to be working. Firing on all pistons these days. 45 minute showers??????????????? Does the bank know your a voyuer by night?? strap ons and the like. Power cords. for fans no doubt. welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll anyway. adios.

Enthusiast
    05-30-2011, 03:59 AM #19
    SRK. How do you do it? Somehow you take a word turn it into a subject. Revolutionize Websters by semantisizing (made that one up ha ha), that word into a complete discussion and then provide video and graphic display to go with it. Fuk. Tell me genetics doesn't play a BIG part in it..................................

Page 2 of 2 12