Page 2 of 3 123
    03-13-2012, 08:55 AM #11
    I have two life time subscriptions with Sirius. We recently purchased a Chevrolet Equinox equipped with SiriusXM. The trial is about to run out. I wanted to transfer my life time subscription from portable Sirius radio to my SiriusXM Chevrolet. I was dissappointed to learn I cannot do this. Are you SERIOUS?
    SiriusXM merged July 28, 2008 according to your press release and you still have not worked out the ability to transfer Sirius subscriber to a new SiriusXM account. Is this really fair? I am very disgusted with this. Why can't my lifetime subscription be applied? When is SiriusXM going to allow this to happen?
    So you see, I am looking for someone with a xm lifetime subscription too. Interested in trading?

Head Honcho
    03-13-2012, 05:38 PM #12
    You guys should try asking publicly on their Facebook page. They seem to have a special team of reps who monitor that public facing stuff and they just might be able to do something that other reps cannot.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-13-2012, 10:32 PM #13
    Well I have the same problem with a sirius lifetime subscription and I just posted this on their facebook page many times and it was deleted many times... lol
    I have a sirius lifetime membership and recently bought a new car with siriusXM. Well after a run-around with customer service agents thru your chat-service and phone customer service; I got different answers about what to do with my sirius lifetime membership on my old car radio. Some said if it was canceled I would get "credits". Others said there was no point because nothing was transferable and I wouldn't get anything for this. WOW! This is BS! I either have to get a receiver installed in my new car with sirius to get my lifetime membership at all! That's what I call not customer friendly! Now I just have to sell my old car with a lifetime membership to someone... ha. Thanks a lot.

so then I started a page for myself...
    http://www.facebook.com/SayNoToSiriusxm

Head Honcho
    03-13-2012, 10:56 PM #14
    How about just asking nicely "I have a Sirius lifetime sub but, I sold my Sirius equipped car and now I have a new car equipped with XM. Is there anyway we could convert my old Sirius sub into an XM sub?"

I am willing to bet, that will not be deleted.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-13-2012, 11:34 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    How about just asking nicely "I have a Sirius lifetime sub but, I sold my Sirius equipped car and now I have a new car equipped with XM. Is there anyway we could convert my old Sirius sub into an XM sub?"

I am willing to bet, that will not be deleted.
    Ok what are we betting that it will either be deleted... or they will just say.. that cannot be done or something like that?
    I've been calling and asking nicely for months now.

03-13-2012, 11:38 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharoturtle View Post
    Ok what are we betting that it will either be deleted... or they will just say.. that cannot be done or something like that?
    I've been calling and asking nicely for months now.

Deleted in minutes... and I copied almost exactly what you said.

Head Honcho
    03-13-2012, 11:44 PM #17
    They delete from their wall but will answer you privately. Every single time I have done this, they have answered me. I just asked a couple of months ago about cross company multi radio discounts and they answered me within minutes. Are you telling me they are not answering you privately? I will create a post, if that is the case. I have never not had them answer me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-13-2012, 11:55 PM #18
    Well which wall on facebook are you speaking of? Because the one I found you cannot send a message to anyways. You have a link to the one you are talking of? And every time I call customer service, which I have done many, many times they pretty much tell me there is no point in me canceling my sirius lifetime subscription because I would get no benefit from it.

Head Honcho
    03-14-2012, 05:28 PM #19
    SiriusXM support is saying that you can not, and have never been able to, transfer a lifetime sub which is tied to an oem factory unit. Seems stupid but, for whatever reason, that has always been the rule.

As far as transferring from a sirius portable to an xm portable, they are saying no now but, I would continue to harp on it. Back in the day they didn't offer cross sub multi-radio discounts but, after constantly hearing it from customers, they decided to do it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    05-22-2012, 10:42 PM #20
    What you stated below is not completely true mate. For those in position having the problems of non-transferable Lifetime plans, PM me and I will look into it.

Lifetime subs can be transferred and manipulated but only the STS dept. has the ability to do this. Just an FYI Charles.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    SiriusXM support is saying that you can not, and have never been able to, transfer a lifetime sub which is tied to an oem factory unit. Seems stupid but, for whatever reason, that has always been the rule.

As far as transferring from a sirius portable to an xm portable, they are saying no now but, I would continue to harp on it. Back in the day they didn't offer cross sub multi-radio discounts but, after constantly hearing it from customers, they decided to do it.

Page 2 of 3 123