Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...
    Mentor
    04-06-2011, 08:54 PM #61
    Julie

Check you PM!

Jeff

Addict
    04-06-2011, 10:31 PM #62
    Roadkill - I missed the radio show tonight. Is it worth listening to on the replay? Anything new or interesting or no? Thanks man

Mentor
    04-06-2011, 10:57 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Roadkill - I missed the radio show tonight. Is it worth listening to on the replay? Anything new or interesting or no? Thanks man
    I was busy watching our boyz try and rally tonight (while also flicking to "Civil War" on PBS during commercial breaks) . . . that damn Philly ballpark is a disgrace to baseball but Pelfrey has got to learn to stay down in the zone, especially there!

Mentor
    04-06-2011, 10:59 PM #64
    hey! I see Andy is logged in!

Been thinking about ya bro . . . hope all is well . . . drop us a post!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    04-06-2011, 11:03 PM #65
    Hey Jay

What's up man? Caught me damn ahahaha :P! Hope all is well with you man! Health is looking up right now for me and doing great with sales !

Thinking about you as well ! Hi JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still come here, I mostly lurk now lol.
    Last edited by Hopeful; 04-08-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Addict
    04-07-2011, 09:23 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Demian was talking so slow and slurring that it seemed like he was on some serious drugs. I am not kidding...worth listening to the last 1/2 hour and you'll see or hear !

Actually as amusing as it was to me, I hope he is OK. Sounded like maybe he was on a lot of pain medication !
    Last edited by sxminvestor; 04-07-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Mentor
    04-08-2011, 12:16 PM #67

The Nutty Professor

For some reason I can't get enough of this guy David Bank. I guess it's kinda like looking at a car wreck . . . you know you shouldn't look but you just can't help it.

Here he is once again with Erin Burnett . . . and once again touting Viacom . . . what is it with this guy and Viacom?

It's like he has a one-track mind. Here he is . . . the Enigma himself . . . David Bank

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000015453
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-08-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Mentor
    04-08-2011, 08:41 PM #68

Pay Attention to Bob Pittman

April 8, 2011

Clear Channel Chairman of Media & Entertainment Platforms Robert Pittman spoke at Advertising Age's Digital Conference on Thursday, calling digital streaming the biggest opportunity for the radio industry today. "We have work to do. We actually have to make the digital revolution come to radio," Pittman said, according to Ad Age. "This allows us to get in front of it, not let it happen to us but let it drive us. There are real benefits to the radio business and to our listeners."
    http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2156725
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-08-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Addict
    04-08-2011, 08:49 PM #69
    Pandora states they don't expect profits through at least 2012, but Spencer knows better than them

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...Unhidden=false

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...ey+%26+Finance
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-08-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Mentor
    04-08-2011, 09:00 PM #70

File this post under "Preaching to the Choir!"

Great Moments in Business Journalism VXIII -- Pandora version

Wow, when business journalists write about a topic you know about, you can see how wrong they often are… and thus get worried about what you read on every other topic!

The Pandora IPO story over the weekend was a great example. Some well-known, well-respected publications made the following mistakes:

One top business magazine wrote about Pandora’s “$100 million in profits last year,” because they confusing “revenues” with “profits,” which are actually two different things. (They even got a “confirmation” from Pandora’s Tim Westergren, who only acknowledged that “Things are moving in the right direction,” which they took as a confirmation!)

A major publication wrote about Pandora’s “$100 million valuation,” confusing the amount that the IPO is trying to raise ($100 million) with Pandora’s valuation (not stated explicitly, but probably closer to $1 billion).

A top computer magazine took the fact that Pandora has a majority of the listening among Ando Media’s top 20 webcasters and garbled it into a headline saying that Pandora has a majority of the radio listening in America’s top 20 markets.

And so forth.

As the Boomtown Rats once said, “Don’t Believe What You Read!”
    http://textpattern.kurthanson.com/ku...andora-version

I can't remember who, but I think there was this angry internet-radio-blogger-dude who recently said that "Pandora had already shifted to a subscription model" and would soon gain "50% of their revenue from subscriptions" . . . damn, can't remember who it was that said it but it was on one of those satrad websites . . some guy who's always running around touting internet radio.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-08-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...