Page 13 of 21 ... 31112131415 ...
    Mentor
    03-28-2011, 04:22 PM #121

SB Trivia

This is the kind SL likes much better . . . multiple choice and no links involved; here goes:

According to that crackpot yenta Joan Lappin, CFA, Mel Karmazin personally told her, during a private chat on Madison Avenue, that doing the "ugly" merger financing was:

A.) the reason he lost so much weight
    B.) the single toughest business decision he has ever had to make
    C.) due to very bad advice from David Frear
    D.) required due to "change of control" provisions
    E.) a better alternative to placing the financing with Goldman Sachs
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-28-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Legend
    03-28-2011, 06:00 PM #122
    Tough choices. I will go with B.

Mentor
    03-28-2011, 06:57 PM #123

Wells Fargo Analyst Exposes Pandora Hype

I wonder if that salty little curmudgeon Tyler Savery will accuse Marci Ryvicker of "having an axe to grind?"

“First of all, Pandora is a playlist that one OWNS and therefore is likely to compete more with your iPod than with terrestrial radio. Second, Pandora may have every intention to move into the dashboard but it is doing so slowly and the reason for this is the simple fact that it takes years – or rather decades – for an entire fleet of cars to turn over,” said Ryvicker of her discussions with Entercom CEO David Field and CFO Steve Fisher.

She then noted that Pandora “seems to be more bark than bite,” citing data from its IPO filing. The company reported that it had over 80 million registered users as of January 2011 and had streamed approximately 3.9 billion hours of radio listening in its fiscal year ended 1/31/11.

“Our thoughts – the average radio listener listens for 13 hours per week, which equals 673 hours per year. If Pandora’s listeners are equally engaged and listen for the same amount of time, their 3.9 billion hours would imply that they had just under six million listeners,” Ryvicker observed.

She also noted that Pandora’s IPO says it has no way of knowing whether people may have created multiple accounts and admitted that many registered users may not use the service actively.

“Our thoughts – Pandora has NO IDEA as to the unique number of ACTIVE users of its service, which is likely MUCH smaller than the 80 million listeners it touts to have today,” the analyst wrote.
    http://www.rbr.com/radio/ryvicker-sa...ill-radio.html

Mentor
    03-28-2011, 07:06 PM #124

Amazon Speaks with Record Companies

Barriers? What Barriers?

Amazon has spoken with some of the major record companies and Hollywood film studios about creating a digital locker service for their film and music libraries and could announce the plans as early as next week, sources told CNET.

Sources from both the film and music industries said Amazon is working on creating a cloud locker service that would enable users to store their existing music, film, and book collections, even content not purchased at Amazon, on the company's servers.
    Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20...#ixzz1HwFEQ81s

03-28-2011, 07:56 PM #125
    I am going to go with A. Reason being, I know when I am in the midst of a difficult merger, eating can be tricky. As well as messy.

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 03-28-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-28-2011, 10:24 PM #126
    im going with B

havakasha - definitely this is some seriously funny, informative, sarcastic, witty, and smart stuff from SRK.

SRK keep em coming man gdammit just some great stuff

03-28-2011, 10:39 PM #127
    I can't believe my eyes! OTONE!!!! How have you been??!!! SRK must be giving good posts, got you out of hiding. lol How is Hawaii? You're not still in Japan are you?

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 03-28-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Legend
    03-28-2011, 10:49 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Thanks Lloyd . . . I'm grandfathering-you-in as a free lifetime sub . . . just so long as I get my tickets to the screening!
    Its a deal.

Enthusiast
    03-28-2011, 11:13 PM #129
    hiya there julie :-) still based in hawaii. currently getting radiation acclimated in the PI. you guys are doing a good job holding down the fort and SRK has me laughing almost every time he posts. i got too cute with my trades this year and will be doing my part to hopefully reduce our deficit. hope you are doing well. spring ought to be sprangin in you neck of the woods now right?

Guru
    03-29-2011, 09:05 AM #130
    I choose "B".

Keep up the great work SRK. I think Lloyd is onto something. Maybe you should start a blog dedicated to critiquing SIRI analysts? Or on a broader scale, digital music... Seriously, you do come up with some funny, interesting and even newsworthy stuff. I'm sure you can come up with a catchy name.

Page 13 of 21 ... 31112131415 ...