Head Honcho
    02-03-2011, 02:34 PM #1

Howard Stern on Twitter, how long will it take?

Now that Howard is on Twitter how long will it take for him;

1. to hit 500k followers?
    2. to tweet?
    3. get disinterested and stop caring?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    02-03-2011, 02:36 PM #2
    1. I think he will hit 100k per month for the first few months but I have no idea how many of his fans care about twitter. If he is active he could easily hit 500k by the end of the year but, if he does not tweet he will probably cap out around 100k.

2. He will tweet by the end of this week.

3. If he is active and hits 500k followers he will stay interested because of the power. If he is not active, I give it about a month.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    02-03-2011, 07:45 PM #3
    2. Is over. He has already tweeted today.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-03-2011, 10:30 PM #4
    Bloomberg 'friends' Facebook founder
    By DAVID SEIFMAN, City Hall Bureau Chief

Last Updated: 9:52 AM, February 3, 2011

Posted: 2:08 AM, February 3, 2011

Mayor Bloomberg disclosed yesterday that he met recently with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to discuss the possibility of creating a page for the city on the enormously popular social networking site.

"I'm optimistic he'll make some of his facilities available," said the mayor. "This is the way we're going. We just want to make sure we lead it rather than miss the opportunity to get some benefit out of it."

Bloomberg, who has taken to carrying an iPad wherever he goes, wasn't clear on what might emerge from the hookup.

"I'm not sure there's anything Facebook can do for us," he conceded at one point.

Bloomberg said the person who will have to determine that is Rachel Sterne, 27, the city's new chief digital officer.

Sterne is working on a plan to increase the city's presence on social-networking sites and other Internet access points. Her report should be out in just under three months.

In his State of the City speech, Bloomberg said he would make greater efforts to seek out citizen feedback -- also known as crowdsourcing in the world of social media like Facebook -- to get a better handle on the needs of the city's residents.

Bloomberg's affinity for Facebook is a switch from his skepticism just a few months ago. Back in October, during his weekly radio show, the topic of Facebook and Twitter users came up for discussion.

"Where do they get the time to do it?" Bloomberg asked. "Shouldn't, aren't -- there have got to be other things in life to do."

The mayor recalled looking at a friend's Twitter account, only to find not much there.

" 'I'm going to the bank right now,' you know. 'I think I'll have coffee,' " Bloomberg recalled reading. "And you wonder, No. 1 . . . why does anybody care? Why would you look at it?"

The mayor's opinion may have changed after he gave a speech on technological innovation at Facebook's headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif. -- where he pronounced himself mayor of the social-networking site on his Facebook page, which boasted roughly 27,000 followers at the time.

And yesterday, after the topic of Facebook linking up with the city came up, the mayor proclaimed, "There's a lot of potential there."

david.seifman@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...#ixzz1CxAVBDcN

Head Honcho
    02-05-2011, 08:10 PM #5
    I said 100k by the end of the first month... how about 100k by midweekend. He keeps tweeting pics of his wife and he could hit 500k by the end of the weekend.

I wonder what seeing this happen so fast will mean for potential advertisers of his show?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-16-2011, 01:53 AM #6
    It has been fun to watch but, it looks like it is really starting to slow down. It's not surprising since a lot of his die hard working class male fans aren't the twitter type.

I'd say that he'll hit 1 million followers by the end of the year but, I doubt he will stay interested that long.