12-05-2010, 01:13 PM #1

2005 Jeep Wrangler Bought Used - Found Sirius wiring - need help

I've found a Sirius Sir3 antenna wired from the top of the console through the engine compartment cable run and attached to the underside of the hood? I've also located a AC adapter run from the console (both satellite signal and unit power cables are located at top of console where tray is located).

Question: Are all Sirius/XM equipment compatible with the Sir3 antenna? Also, the two connectors found: 1 is a gold threaded connector (satellite) and the other a mini-din power connector. Based on this, should I be able to reuse or do i need to buy new? I also have strong reservations on if the found placement of the antenna would work (it was extremely dusty whcih makes me think it was there for a long time.

Also, with the found configuration, how did the previous owner connect to factory head unit? I've been researching and would suspect FM mod using the XM/Sirius unit itself. I'm going to use FM Direct. Any suggestions here?

Thanks for responding!

-P

Head Honcho
    12-05-2010, 05:44 PM #2
    You sure that is an antenna under the hood? How could it possibly get reception through the hood?

Here is my jeep http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4 ... this is how I recommend running your wires and placing your unit (unless you are going to use a sirius ready head unit).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder