11-10-2010, 03:18 AM #1

MiRGE Docking Question

I am currently a Sirius subscriber with a Stratus 6 but I am looking at upgrading to a Mirge radio for both XM and SIRIUS service. (Yes, I know most channels are the same).

My question is do the docking stations for the Sirius Stratus 6 also work for the Mirge? I have to much invested in docks (home, car, boombox) to start changing them out now.

Enthusiast
    11-10-2010, 08:10 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ki4cgs View Post
    I am currently a Sirius subscriber with a Stratus 6 but I am looking at upgrading to a Mirge radio for both XM and SIRIUS service. (Yes, I know most channels are the same).

My question is do the docking stations for the Sirius Stratus 6 also work for the Mirge? I have to much invested in docks (home, car, boombox) to start changing them out now.
    NO, sorry they won't, you will need to use the MiRGE car docking station or buy a Xpress RC or RCi Home dock.....The MiRGE is nothing more than a XM-Xpress RC-RCi with both XM & SRIUIS chips inside, now here's the good news, with the MiRGE, your not just stuck with both SIRIUS & XM
    if you want you can activate whatever service you want, or both, I used to have both, but now
    the only thing I have activated is XM-EVERYTHING, however the choice is yours to make....
    Last edited by denb45; 11-10-2010 at 08:18 PM.