Page 7 of 15 ... 56789 ...
    Guru
    10-11-2010, 06:59 PM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Yet under Clinton we had tax increases and the economy boomed. The Republicans were then given control with their pro business policies and the economy crashed. Go figure.

Businesses are like goldfish, they will eat as much as you feed them, even if it kills them.

Where to you get your history from????? The republicans took control of congress in 94. Yes I know you probably also think "Welfare Reform" was Clintons idea????? Yes the same guy that vetoed that very same bill 3 times before he finally signed the very same bill. Individual taxes were increased that is true but The amount of EXEMPTIONS went UP two fold. Also corporate taxes were DECREASED and exemptions went up for them also.

I suppose you believe Clinton was also responsible for cutting government spending. Yea well lets just take a look at what Clinton tried to get BEFORE the Republicans took control of the house. Ho, Ho, thats right, a HUGE entitlement????? HEALTH CARE!!!!!!! Which would have balloned government spending. So the same guy that tried to get that huge government spending bill through somehow changed all of a sudden and became a fiscal conservative. Hummm I wonder what happen to get him to do that?????? Ho thats right, the republicans took control of congress stating in their "Contract with America" they would BALENCE THE BUDGET, AND CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING (among many other things). So you dumb twit, why do you think the republicans put that in there if Clinton and the democrats were already doing it themselfs????? Dhaaaaaa.

You need to learn your history. If what you just wrote, is what you believe to be true.

Legend
    10-12-2010, 01:24 AM #62
    Politics again by John on the SXM thread. Surprise, surprise.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-12-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Enthusiast
    10-12-2010, 12:49 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Politics again by John on the SXM thread. Surprise, surprise.
    He responded to your post! ...Don't pretend you are not just as bad ... Worse sometimes.

Ya'll need to get it over with it ... just go get a room together.

Legend
    10-12-2010, 07:33 PM #64
    Airman, you don't read carefully enough. My comment was a respons to John's regarding jonpluc's. Got that?
    And besides you are inaccurate in your description of what's been transpiring here. I will give you a hint. Fo to the POLITICS section and see who posts (me
    And who doesn't (JoHN).

Enthusiast
    10-12-2010, 10:28 PM #65
    Airman, you don't read carefully enough.
    And I don't wan't to read the crap anymore and neither do most others.... that is the point!!

My comment was a respons to John's regarding jonpluc's. Got that?
    Sounds like a 9 year olds excuses for their behavior. I don't care if it is a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply. The point is it is ALL tiring to most of us. And while John does it. YOU DO TOO! I know it won't help to tell john that. But I thought it might help to tell you to cut it out. Now I know you two are more similar than once thought.

Yeah I got it ... you are are a condescending ass.

And besides you are inaccurate in your description of what's been transpiring here. I will give you a hint. Fo to the POLITICS section and see who posts (me
    And who doesn't (JoHN).
    I am inaccurate huh! It doesn't matter if you think I am. Who cares if you post politics on the politics section and he doesn't. It would be one thing if it was few and far between But, You both do it here with amazing regularity! Just stop the pissing contest and whip them out and measure them already. Get it over with!

With all that said ... 1.35 Wooo hooo. Hope we made enough of a base at 1.20
    Last edited by airman; 10-12-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Guru
    10-13-2010, 12:05 AM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    And I don't wan't to read the crap anymore and neither do most others.... that is the point!!

Sounds like a 9 year olds excuses for their behavior. I don't care if it is a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply. The point is it is ALL tiring to most of us. And while John does it. YOU DO TOO! I know it won't help to tell john that. But I thought it might help to tell you to cut it out. Now I know you two are more similar than once thought.

I am inaccurate huh! It doesn't matter if you think I am. Who cares if you post politics on the politics section and he doesn't. It would be one thing if it was few and far between But, You both do it here with amazing regularity! Just stop the pissing contest and whip them out and measure them already. Get it over with!

Nice, "whip them out and measure them already". LOL. Beautiful. Best post EVER.

Legend
    10-13-2010, 01:58 AM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post

I have been trying to get John to post about politics in the political section for months, but its been all for naught. The next time John does it HERE i expect to see you take him to task for it.

You definitely got the condescending ass part wrong (wont even touch the silly 9 year nonsense), but i certainly dont blame you for getting annoyed about politics posting in the sxm stock thread. Take it up with Charles like i have tried to do.

At least we agree on something of importance. $1.35 is super.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-13-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Enthusiast
    10-13-2010, 08:03 AM #68
    The next time John does it HERE i expect to see you take him to task for it.
    Obviously you don't know my history with John. I am sure people here don't want that dredged up! John and I have come to an agreeable solution.

I don't respond to anything John writes unless it is SIRI specific. And even then I am to really think about it.

1.36 pre-market. Unfortunately I think we will see 1.20ish again but as I said, I hope we have made enough of a base that it won't get broken.

Enthusiast
    10-13-2010, 09:14 AM #69
    Pre-market 1.38-1.39 ... Booom. My 1.42 yearly high target may be reached early. I need to start re-thinking my stops. If any of you guys have stops on your core what do you have them set at ... After we broke 1.20 this last time I finally put a stop in at 1.09. I had been riding without a stop all the way up.
    Last edited by airman; 10-13-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Guru
    10-13-2010, 10:47 AM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by john163888 View Post
    Ho you got to love this time of the year, the good news just keeps coming. With SIRIXM, I have a feeling that from here on out (for the next year at least every month is going to feel like Xmas. Really though just over 20 million by years end, was that really news??? I know it was not for me and any one that believes in what I say. The only real news was that SIRIXM did not break that 20 million wall already, While I did not expect it to happen, it was possible and would have been nice to see. Like I said, I would expect them to add AT LEAST 300,000 to 320,000 in the 3rd quarter. Also while I figured CHURN would go up, I did not think it would be as bad as Mel is saying it is. Lets face it, if Mel is not pulling the wool over our eyes, the OEM sales numbers were almost the same as they were in the 2nd quarter (583,000 last quarter and only about 475,000 needed to break 20 million). So that would mean about the same subs should have been added and if that happen then they would have crossed that 20 million number already. I find it hard Mel is going to come out NOW and say 20 million by years end and then in a month or less he is going to say, opps we crossed that number already so let me revise it again. Then again this is Mel and he just did it to us before. If he does that again, at that point, I would think he is just doing it, to frick the shorts.

Ether way Things will be looking good even with the economy being the way it is (or even if it gets worse). Dont believe that, just let them lose 500,000 (mostly promo subs) again and if you think they had a rush of FCF then then get ready because they have cut even more since then and added another million subs. All these new subs cost and getting less, while is not good for the long term outlook, it is great for FCF in the short term.
    Ho, good call John16388!!!

Page 7 of 15 ... 56789 ...