Page 6 of 15 ... 45678 ...
    Guru
    10-05-2010, 05:04 PM #51
    $4 a share. Glory be to God in the highest. Hold on a minute. I'm not a religious man. Isn't funny how that works? I remember one time I got food poisoning; I was talking to God all night.................. "Dear God, if this will be the last dry heave......................"

This market won't quit. Only a week or two left for the Hindenburg Omen confirmations to go false.

Someone said it already, but there is forthcoming news to keep this rally going. First is the Stern announcement. It will be interesting either way. Second, I'm sure sub numbers will be announced before hand. At this point, the stake in the heart would be a comprehensive plan to reduce debt, and address the float. Mel may have said no to a R/S, from a position of strength and upward momentum, it might be a good idea.

Mentor
    10-05-2010, 07:23 PM #52

Latest Analyst Round-Up

BGB Securities – Murray Arenson $1.35
    Janco Partners – Martin Pyykkonen $1.40
    Barrington – James Goss $1.50
    KOAT - Relmor Demitrius $3.25
    Lazard – Barton Crockett $1.35
    Miller Tabak – David Joyce $1.25
    SBCM - Tyler Savery $1.10
    Wunderlich Sec – Matt Harrigan $1.50
    Standard & Poors – Tuna Amobi $1.50
    Maxim – John Tinker $1.40
    RBC – David Bank $1.00
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    10-07-2010, 03:07 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Is JOHN the same person as JOHN16388? If you arent you sure do look like him.
    Just a friendly joke.

IF YOU ARE, please do us all a favor and stick to only making SXM predictions in the future.

I am reminded of JOHN's prediciton that the stock market would "TANK" in Sept. What a
    doozy that was. All common sense and logic. lol.
    dont start with the PERSONAL insults because you are usaully the one that starts that. Second dont try to argue with me when you are on the wrong side of the arguement. You are just mad because it is you that cant take the heat. By the way you may feel like a big man because the site now gets 10,000 visits but I was here in the begining
    Last edited by john163888; 10-07-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    10-08-2010, 03:34 PM #54
    There is nothing dishonest about what I posted. Its clear you were wrong about your stock market predictions.
    Its clear your are twisting stock market ups and downs to match your political ideology
    I'm not Alan Grayson thank you. Glad you are finally following factcheck.org which I used a number of times to refute your positions.
    lloyd you wonder why I call you names, well if after the third time you still dont get the most basic common sense and logic behind something I consider you a twit

Still waiting on those answers to the questions I posed to you. Not surprising because once again you just try to by pass answering any parts of a comment that makes your arguement weak. You do it everytime.

I am still looking for someone that has more facts and common sense then me (homer is not included). You where a piece of cake to debate. Hence the reason you had to start the new threads in the first place.

I will include Tyler with homer also.

P.S. That is why you dont catch me debating them to often.

Mentor
    10-11-2010, 10:03 AM #56
    Stop the Calls, Missouri Tells Sirius Radio
    By JOE HARRIS

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (CN) - Attorney General Chris Koster obtained a preliminary injunction against Sirius XM Radio for no-call violations. Koster sued Sirius in September, claiming the satellite radio giant repeatedly violated the state's no-call laws.

The injunction, which will be in place throughout litigation, prohibits Sirius from making repetitive calls to consumers on the no-call list who notified it they don't want a subscription, or didn't want it after their free trial period expired - unless the consumer expressly authorizes Sirius XM to call.

"Our office will continue to prosecute any business, regardless of its size, when it makes unlawful telemarketing calls to Missourians registered on our no-call list," Koster said in a statement. "It is a consumer's right to demand that illegal telemarketing calls that violate Missouri's laws stop, and no matter how aggressively it fights, no business is immune from Missouri's no-call law. We will continue to go after those who violate the law."

It's a shame that government agencies don't pursue high-frequency trading with the same zeal.

Enthusiast
    10-11-2010, 03:13 PM #57
    Looks like the price in on a little move upward. I would have liked a bit more consolidation before the move myself.

Mentor
    10-11-2010, 03:48 PM #58
    Hey Irish . . looks like Relmor is now eating that crow that flew by his window; nice work on the markers!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9145834AAuPtU6

Mentor
    10-11-2010, 04:11 PM #59
    Relatively Low EBITDA Growth in the Cable & Satellite Industry
    Written on Mon, 10/11/2010 - 6:14amBy Chip Brian

Below are the five companies in the Cable & Satellite industry with the lowest EBITDA Growth (next year estimate vs. LTM). EBITDA Growth can be valuable in predicting future cash flow generation and earnings power.

Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYK) has the lowest with EBITDA Growth of -7.3%; Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA) is next with EBITDA Growth of -5.2%; and Cablevision Systems (NYSE:CVC) has the next lowest with EBITDA Growth of -0.4%.

Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) follows with EBITDA Growth of 2.6% and Mediacom Communications (NASDAQ:MCCC) rounds out the group with EBITDA Growth of 3.8%.

SmarTrend is bullish on shares of SIRI and our subscribers were alerted to Buy on April 14, 2010 at $1.04. The stock has risen 24.4% since the alert was issued.

Well, I like that you are bullish Chippy, but, as Mel is oft fond of saying . . . "It would be helpful if we dealt with the facts." So, I have no idea where you get your 2.6% from Chippy, unless you got it from David Bank, but here are a few facts:

Fact 1: He also compared Sirius XM to other traditional media companies, including Viacom (NYSE: VIA.B) and Time Warner (NYSE: TWX), to show that traditional media’s between 6% and 7% EBITDA growth rate was crushed by Sirius XM’s 5-year compounded growth rate of 24%. Tinker garners additional confidence for his $1.40 price target when considering his DCF (discounted cash flow) analysis, which yields a 12-month fair value target of $1.47. “Given SIRI’s potential 24% EBITDA compound growth rate over the next five years

LINK: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2216...-for-sirius-xm

Fact 2: The analyst contends that the stock is attractive. “Given SIRI’s potential 24% EBITDA compound growth rate over the next five years, we believe that a 14.5x 2011 EV to EBITDA multiple is reasonable and would take the stock to $1.40,” he writes. “The quality of the franchise and the company’s growth prospects, combined with its operating and financial leverage, suggest that a premium is justified.”

LINK: http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ng-140-target/

Now next time do your homework Chippy . . being bullish is no excuse for being sloppy.

Guru
    10-11-2010, 06:30 PM #60
    JUST ONE MORE OF JOHN'S LIES. I Just read the August thread and i can absolutely confirm that John was the first to throw politics in the mix.
    I will link to all 4 pages and show you where John begins his diatribes.
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4255
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=2
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=3
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=4

I just went to the first page of the August thread. JOHN is clearly the first person to mention politics and political parties. On the 4th page ( Here is the link) http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=4255&page=4
    and before i have said anything about politics here goes JOHN.

John says on page 4 of the August thread where he discusses his overall market predictions
    "That all depends on if they can get ALL the bush tax cuts exttended (YOU KNOW THE SAME ONES THAT DEMOCRATS SAY PUT US INTO THIS DEEP RECESSION, FORGETTING TOTALLY ABOUT THE HOUSING BUBBLE THE DEMOCRATS CREATED." And john continues on interjecting politics into this same post on page 4 of August siri xm STOCK thread. Read it and understand why John is a pathological liar.

That is not getting political those were my opinions of logical outcomes, of what was needed to happen for the market to come back (and yes thank you for proving my point that I told you (when the market was down), that if it looked like the republicans were going to take back the congress the market would go back up). If you had a brain you would see this comment:

"(you know the same ones that democrats say put us into this DEEP recession, forgetting totally about the housing bubble the democrats created)."

Was there to show, there was, no way, shape, or form, that the democrats would pass the VERY SAME BUSH tax cuts that they have been saying were the reasons for this recession. That would mean they were LYING or at the very least totally WRONG.

It is not political because just as I said would need to happen for the market to come back, happened. Once again it does not matter to common sense and logic if it is the democrats or the republicans that would first, NOT RAISE TAXES, STOP OBAMACARE, and all the spending that has been going on. Need I remind you the republicans lost because they started to spend to much. It is as simple as "cause and effect". You see havasucker because you let your ideology get in the way, you dont want to see the truth, if it means your liberial party is the cause of the damage (keeping the market down).

This was explained to you by other posters here that that was not political, and that it was just what was needed to happen for the market to come back.

Page 6 of 15 ... 45678 ...