Page 1 of 2 12
    Mentor
    09-07-2010, 04:21 PM #1

Howard's Phony Ploy!

Part 1 from: http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm

Howard Talking About Leaving SIRIUS Again. 09/07/10. 7:55am
    Howard said their contract is up in December and they might be out the door there. Howard said he doesn't think he's even needed there anymore. He said that he had a lot of meetings about new technologies and stuff so they might be up to something else next year. Howard said he isn't sure they'll be able to make a deal to keep him on there. He said he's not sure they have the right attitude there.
    Howard said he has been getting email from fans saying that they will go wherever they go. Howard read through some of those emails. He had one from a fan who said he will cancel his subscription there if he leaves.

Howard said they should really change the name of the company to Howard Radio. He said that's the way he really feels. He said he wouldn't ask them to do that but that's the way they should be looking at the situation. He said he doesn't have a big ego about this but he does think that they have something very special there. He said they carry on about the NFL and things like that. Those things are not exclusive though. He said that his show is.

Howard said he's very well versed on the new technologies. He said that they are going to have SIM cards in cars soon and they will be able to listen to things over Bluetooth and people will be able to play their cell phones through their car radios and things like that. He said no one cares how they hear them, they just want to hear the show. He said they want the new shows and the repeats. Howard said he has a built in audience and they will follow him wherever he goes. They will pay to hear him wherever he goes. Howard said that's the bottom line.

Howard said there are some fans who have multiple accounts with SIRIUS. He said he's not angry with SIRIUS but if he's not needed there anymore then he can move on to something else. Howard said he is being treated like one of the music channels there. He said he's put down and insulted there. He said it might be time to leave. He said he is very good at telling people what he thinks. He said he's not shy about that. Howard said he knows the environment and he doesn't respond well to humiliation. He said he's done suffering in this business. He said he's done hearing about what a shit head he is. Howard said he can tell himself what a shit head he is. Howard said the one thing he has done right is doing right by his audience.

Howard read some more email about what the fans will do if he leaves SIRIUS. There are a lot of people who are ready to cancel if he leaves. Howard said there are people there who want to get him in line or teach him a lesson. He said he's not going to go through that anymore so he may have to leave.

Howard said he has ideas for how to improve things there and maybe some expansion. He said that he has to be treated the right way though. He said when he was first signed on he was treated very well. Now the romance is over. Howard said they haven't been treating him the way he thinks they should. Howard said he was wined and dined in the beginning. He said he was treated with such respect and it may have rubbed people the wrong way. He said they don't like to kiss his ass and familiarity breeds contempt. Howard said they stood in the halls and cheered him when he got there. He said they weren't dreaming of a merger when he got there. Howard said he did have that dream. Then the numbers started going up and XM wasn't able to get anything going. Howard said he wonders why that happened. He said it must have been NFL that did it. He thought it was him but it must have been the NFL.

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 04:25 PM #2

Part 2

http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm

Howard said he thought he had something to do with it but it must have been NFL. He said he can't just watch that on any TV station or hear it on any radio station. No, he has to listen to it on SIRIUS. Howard said he has concentrated on doing a great radio show and keeping an eye on Hanzi. He said that's what he's been doing the past 5 years.

Howard said he loves the shows they have there. He said he even loves the Riley show. He said he'd like to keep them going. He said he will keep people informed about whatever it is that he decides to do. He said they'll even buy commercials on SIRIUS if he is going to go somewhere else. Howard said he has had a great time working there and he will never stop thanking the audience for their support. He said it's really not easy to get people interested in the service. He said that his audience is the most loyal and they will stick together and travel to the promise land. He said they will be together no mater what.

Jeff Jarvis called in and told Howard that the internet needs him. Howard said the future is up for grabs right now. Jeff said that Howard was able to make satellite happen. He said that he is right about the SIM card thing. He said that they will be available everywhere eventually. He said no one is paying for content right now but if Howard moved there, they would. Howard said that there are ways to get to people and he's not sure that they need the infrastructure that they have now. Howard told Jeff he's right on about all of that stuff.

Jeff was also saying that Robin's outfit is a Durndle and not a Dindle. Robin said she was just going by what they told her. Jeff said he's having sexual fantasies about her now that she's mentioned that outfit. Howard let Jeff go a short time later.

Howard went on a rant about the Germans after that. He said he lost a lot of his family over there thanks to the German ''Showers.'' Howard said that Jeff mentioned the co-ed showers over in Germany and he must have forgotten about who he was talking to. Howard said he was worried sick about Robin the whole weekend. She was busy over there in her Durndle.

Howard read some more email about what the fans are planning to do if he leaves SIRIUS. Then Bobo called in and said that he has 5 accounts there at SIRIUS and he will cancel them all if he leaves. Howard thanked Bobo for the call. Bobo was also saying he was watching Howard TV and the Ronnie episode with his definitions for the strippers was great. Howard said you have to see that on Howard TV with Ronnie going to Vegas.

Howard said Howard TV is doing a Robert Schimmel special tonight too. He and Bobo spent a little more time talking about the Ronnie special and the goofy things that Ronnie does out there in Vegas. Howard said it really is a man's world. He said that one of the Chilean miners has a wife and a mistress and you know it's a man's world when that happens.

Howard took a call from a guy who asked about XM having like 18 million subscribers when they merged. Howard said that's not how many there were. He said they had 600,000 there at SIRIUS when he signed on. XM had 4 of 5 million. He said in the first year everyone was buying SIRIUS and XM wasn't selling. He said a short time later they were brought to their knees. He said it must not have been them, it must have been the NFL. He said it has to be football that keeps the company going, right?

Howard took a call from a guy who said that the show is an integral part of his day. He said that he should probably leave so he can teach them a lesson there. He said that they would have to improve their customer service if he left. Howard said he's right. Howard said when he left CBS/Viacom they would tell him he was only worth so much based on his ratings. He said he was put down and humiliated and he had no place else to go. Howard said he came to find out that he was carrying the whole station there. He said they were selling ad time the entire day based on his show and he was making the company more money than he thought. He said all of the stations ended up falling apart. He said they thought they'd be fine but they were wrong. Howard said they have to stop it already. He said they're aggravating him. He said they should just tell him they don't want him anymore.

Howard said he's going to get good and worked up and he's going to take their business away from them. He said they really don't want that to happen.

Another caller said he can't believe Howard isn't just going to leave and start his own thing. Howard said he has had meetings and he knows that he can start his own business and have his own Howard Radio out there. He said he can put on his own show, a TV show and more. He said he'd charge like $5 a month instead of $15. He said he wouldn't even need ads if he charged 5 bucks. He said he could build his own studio. He has alternatives. He said he can stay there too. He said he's not sure what he's going to do but he has the ability to do whatever he wants now.

Howard said he's just one of the channels there now. He said they need Howard Radio full time. He said they can't be ****ing with him. Howard said he may have to go out and build his own thing. He said they'll have to see what happens.

Howard started stammering. That led to Fred playing some more Hanzi clips and Howard said they might have to give him his own show. He had Fred play the clip again and said he might have a show in him. Howard said he should give him and Ronnie a show. Howard said they could just play that clip and have people call in.

Ralph called in and said that he hasn't listened on a hard device in 2 years. He listens to the show online and on his iPhone and iPad. Howard said he'll have to see how it all plays out. It's all about the content. Ralph gave an evil laugh as Howard was saying goodbye to him.

Howard said it's like when people take Superman for granted. He said they applauded him when he came in there. Now they're going to sit and tell him... He started to stammer again. Fred played Hanzi's stammering clip again.

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 04:29 PM #3
    "Howard took a call from a guy who asked about XM having like 18 million subscribers when they merged. Howard said that's not how many there were. He said they had 600,000 there at SIRIUS when he signed on. XM had 4 of 5 million. He said in the first year everyone was buying SIRIUS and XM wasn't selling. He said a short time later they were brought to their knees. He said it must not have been them, it must have been the NFL. He said it has to be football that keeps the company going, right?"

No, not NFL Howard . . . . OEM's

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 04:34 PM #4
    "He said it's really not easy to get people interested in the service."

Oh really? But you just said people will go wherever you are and it's not about the means of delivery?

Keep talkin Howch . . keep talkin your way right out the door

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 04:42 PM #5
    "He said they'll even buy commercials on SIRIUS if he is going to go somewhere else."

How can you buy commercials on a service that won't exist after you leave Howard? . . I mean with all the mass cancellations reflected in your scientific on-air email research . . Siri will surely be going out of business.

P.S. Good luck to the Howie die-hards who bought lifetime subscriptions . . . those cancellations are really going to be painful to us shareholders

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 04:51 PM #6
    "Howard said he has been getting email from fans saying that they will go wherever they go. Howard read through some of those emails. He had one from a fan who said he will cancel his subscription there if he leaves."

Really? here's a few from my scientific survey:

"I would cancel all three of my subs....additionally, I would not follow stern to another platform...so I would like him to stay put. Tired of him whining about oprah....and not getting respect...is 500 million not respect? I am a diehard fan, but I have my limits."

"Who cares? His show is terrible now. Minus Fred, all of his talent is gone and he and Robin are bores. I have xm and don't pay for his channels. We all know he is being a drama queen and coming back, how many times did he cry this before? He loves being in the limelight and barely works now. Attach a quilt to that big nose and sail off into the sunset Howie"

"Howard is a chick flick loving drama queen. His audience is going to be subjected to this horse shit for the next two to three months. Mel has worked with him long enough to know what Howard is doing. He did the same crap every time his contract was due to expire on terrestrial. His fans are use to it as well. This is just a chance for Howard to stir up the stock holders and cater to his ego. He needs to believe that satellite radio couldn't survive with out him and that his fans couldn't either.

Just like his satellite show, this "act" is old and tired."

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Howard. The cancellations of subs that are actually paid for (ie, not free trials, etc) won't come close to Stern's ridiculous salary. More cash flow for Sirius/XM is better for everyone."

"Its my understanding XM/Sirius has about 20 million subscribers, and of that, XM still edges out Sirius subscribers. Its obvious to me that Howard never mattered in the first place. I listed to him decades ago, but like a lot of you. I just can't stand to listen to a guy making 100 million a year talking about how hard his life is..

Some mentioned Opie and Anthony, when a lot of subscribers dumped there subscriptions. I don't think that will happen here. XM people did that because OandA where censored by XM management.. not because OandA didn't agree to a contract. I think its different.

I think Sirius/XM should take the hit now. It seems every year we get "Howard Issues" and it hurts the stock. By Sirius/XM shedding Howard and letting the chips fall. they can get out from under this "what if Howard" crap.

ALSO, atleast in southern california, there isn't any talk radio left except right wing talk. I will listen to OandA and a little Raw Dawg. I wish they would add more content on the XM side. I remember they had Nick Dipaolo, and patrice O'neal. those were good shows. I don't listen to Ron and Fezz, but if they just did a channel with just Ron Bennington interviews, i would listen to that every day."

quote: "Howard also mentioned the possibility of launching a third channel, and of doing a similar show as he's doing now but with less hours."

"How can he possibly do a show with less hours than he does now!?! He only works four freakin' days a week for 26 weeks a year!! What a complete waste of money that could have been spent more wisely elsewhere! Take a hike, Howard!! The show has sucked since Jackie left anyway. Give Jackie Martling a raise and put the Joke Hunt on in Howard's place."

"Too little too late Howard. I followed you from radio to Sirius, paid a small fortune in subscriptions and crap radios that broke every few months and had to be replaced, only to see the show go down hill. Now its nothing but his hob-nobbing with rich famous friends and Dancing with the Stars talk. bleh. Just retire. The "Revolution" you promised petered out and fizzled."
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 09-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 05:09 PM #7
    The above is just a sampling of comments posted to a newstory about Howard being pretty sure he's done at Sirius XM . . . to be fair to Howard, out of the 45 some-odd comments posted to that story . . . I would say a good 5 or 6 (LOL) were supportive of Howard . . . another 3 or 4 were off-topic or neutral . . the rest were pretty much fed-up with him

Mentor
    09-07-2010, 05:13 PM #8
    "Howard said that there are ways to get to people and he's not sure that they need the infrastructure that they have now."

Are you listening "1221" . . .

Guru
    09-08-2010, 10:47 AM #9
    Thanks SRK. I get fed up with the BS as well. I love the way many call in and feed the beast. Dumbasses.

05-12-2011, 02:46 AM #10
    Dont believe all the hype out there in the media. Howard makes to much money to leave and besides if he ever did siri would still be around.

Page 1 of 2 12