05-11-2010, 10:28 PM #1

Boombox antenna

I have an Sirius SubX1 Boombox. The connector that is on the end of the antenna has failed and will not work anymore.
    Just wondering.... will a car antenna work with this boombox? They seem to be cheaper than the origional type of antenna in cost (brand new). I know the antenna on my car does not need to be aimed towards the satillite and always comes in great. My boombox antenna (when working) needed to be aimed a little north to work. I`m in Iowa. Even my home antenna is more fickle. It is aimed perfectly with no obstructions and usually has 2 bars on the strength meter. But sometimes the signal goes out for a bit.
    Got off topic a bit.
    Will a sirius car antenna work with this boombox?

Enthusiast
    05-12-2010, 09:45 AM #2
    Yeah it will work, but, you'll need a metal-ground-plane for it to work correctly like it will on the roof, trunk of your car, also if your gonna use it inside, it may not work as good as an-indoor one would, I'd spend the extra $$$ and get another Home-indoor-antenna, so that you can aim it to the north next to a window, that's gonna be a little hard to do with a magnetic-car-antenna, those may be omi-directional, (magnetic-car-antenna's) but they really need to be outside on a metal-ground-plane (on a Car) with a view of the open sky to work correctly
    Last edited by denb45; 05-12-2010 at 09:50 AM.

05-24-2010, 09:27 PM #3
    Car antenna did not work. The connector is shorter than the origonal antenna, therefore would not connect in the back of the boombox.

Enthusiast
    05-25-2010, 11:48 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by YoMoma View Post
    Car antenna did not work. The connector is shorter than the origonal antenna, therefore would not connect in the back of the boombox.
    Well, then I'd suggest that you purchase a Sirius Home-Antenna, make sure you check the specs of your SubX1 -Boom-box to see witch one will fit into the back of your SubX1-Boom-box, just check-on accessories on your boom-box page, there you should fine the correct one to use, please note some car antenna connectors come w/ a right-angle and some home-antenna's come w/ a Str8 connector