04-24-2010, 04:32 PM #1

Need tight clearance Pwr cord for Starmate 4

Am trying to install Starmate 4 head unit in my new 2010 Sonata's dash cubby box. But the power cord (right angle style) is just a little too big for left-to-right clearance. I even tried trimming off some of the plastic up to hitting metal on the plug but it's still too big. What are my chances of finding a plug that requires less clearance? Although the factory radio is XM-ready I'd rather use my Sirius Starmate Replay.

04-24-2010, 04:39 PM #2

Correction..ST2

Quote Originally Posted by deckm56 View Post
    Am trying to install Starmate 4 head unit in my new 2010 Sonata's dash cubby box. But the power cord (right angle style) is just a little too big for left-to-right clearance. I even tried trimming off some of the plastic up to hitting metal on the plug but it's still too big. What are my chances of finding a plug that requires less clearance? Although the factory radio is XM-ready I'd rather use my Sirius Starmate Replay.
    Correction on the model #...it's an ST2

04-25-2010, 09:54 PM #3
    Try TSS-Radio. www.tss-radio.com. go to the site to get their number, then give them a call. They have a ton of stuff, and can likely help you better than anyone else out there.

Spencer