Page 8 of 14 ... 678910 ...
    Mentor
    02-24-2010, 11:51 PM #71
    Tomorrow 8 am Eastern...CC...look for the actual numbers to be released about 30-60 minutes earlier...I believe that they did that for 3qtr release.

I plan on manning the laptop at 6:30 central time just in case numbers are dissapointing!

Big Ben - get well soon my friend!

JS

Enthusiast
    02-25-2010, 08:35 AM #72

Results here

02-25-2010, 08:39 AM #73
    Stock is cruising so far, numbers look good, overall market looks kind of rough, Asia and Europe not on fire. Could be a nice run up today. Might be able to say good bye to the .9 handle. Hopefully Mel does not screw up the CC. 1.19 right now and trending up, says the high was 1.21 on level 2. I am going to add a few thousand more in the extended am session even though most say professionals say to stay away from the market until 9:45. Stock could be on the elevator by then. I know everyone has an opinion on the reverse but lets pray Mel comments on it and says he will only do it if forced to. My only concern or it could be a catalyst was the increase in short interest, why I say catalyst is the shorts could have bet wrong and get squeezed out today! The volume looks good so far and the trend line is nice also. I hope Mel pulls the rabbit out of the hat and surprise surprise the rabbit is fin unicorn!

Good Luck all,
    Just a tip and I know I will get smacked in the mouth for this, maybe on a nice spike today shave 10-20% of your position and wait for a small pull back and jump back in and grab more shares. It could be sizzler time! "We going sizzler baby" Woody Harrelson...White Men Can't Jump" I think thats were its from, not sure.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2010, 08:55 AM #74
    Hi People! I see some familiar faces in here still!

Yes, long time no see...and yes I have held my shares of SIRI this entire time. I was just getting ulcers watching the daily ups and downs so I decided to take some time off from watching it. Glad I did.

I think the timing of releasing the report now instead of March signifies good news as it will give some momentum to stay above $1.00 in order to break out past it's magical 10 consecutive day mark. I plan to hold out to see what happens after we hit it, which it looks like we will. Afterall, it cruised past $1 without any big news coming out and now this will just edge it up even further. Then once it passes it's "10 day trial period" we (I hope) should see more people set up and take notice and want to join in.

GLA!

Jeff aka mrmertz
    PS - Where's Julie?

Enthusiast
    02-25-2010, 08:58 AM #75
    Thanks for the link proactiv!

Well, there ya go.

02-25-2010, 09:02 AM #76
    Is anyone hearing the CC call, why can I never hear it on Real Player? I got it on media player.
    Last edited by Big Ben; 02-25-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2010, 09:16 AM #77
    I just went to Sirius and logged in through there. Listening now, works fine.

Enthusiast
    02-25-2010, 09:21 AM #78
    LOL...how come when Mel starts talking during the CC the stock drops a few cents?

What I would like to hear is some BIG news...SIRI in the long run will be a dinosaur if they keep pumping pay radio and not look at other opportunities. Hopefully at least some of the sats up there have transceiver capabilties. I'd bite for an AFFORDABLE sat link for the net access - screw WiFi then. Stuff like that. I dunno.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-25-2010, 09:32 AM #79
    That was an excellent report. Subscriber growth in this economy is a wonderful thing. We really didn't lose but about 5% of our subscribers through the recession. This is very good news and points out that people don't mind spending 15 bucks a month for entertainment like this.

I think we'll bounce around today as far as share price goes. And like Ben said. If you want to be a trader, maybe shaving a quarter off if we get to 1.20 wouldn't be a bad idea. Then of course buying back in as soon as it corrects back to 1.10.

It looks like we'll hold above a dollar for the ten days and that is really good news also!

It's a great day to be a SIRI holder! Stay long and be strong!!

Enthusiast
    02-25-2010, 09:37 AM #80

SIRI beats analyst estimates

SIRI reports .00, beating estimates by .02.
    It's good.

Page 8 of 14 ... 678910 ...