Page 6 of 11 ... 45678 ...
    Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    02-17-2010, 12:48 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Here are the latest predictions for the share price at 12:00 noon on Friday. Additions and/or changes must be submitted by 4:00pm EST today.

crews1 - 1.050
    just sirius - 1.020
    Skivail - 1.000
    candleman - .960
    proactiv - .930
    airman - .925
    SiriuslyLong - .900
    Ok My prediction is that it gets up to at least 1.25 by 02/26/10, how is that.

02-17-2010, 01:11 PM #52
    Hey Julie. I was in Chicago the week before last for 6 days and I was thinking about you up there in the frozen northern tundra! I got out of town right before the snow came.. Bet you're looking forward to spring..
    Thanks for thinking of me shivering here. If I remember right isn't your fam from there?

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 01-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Guru
    02-17-2010, 01:15 PM #53
    So here's what I'm wondering.. I have made money over the past 4 quarters by accumulating in the days/weeks following the quarterly report, when the price always drops, and then selling at the runup leading to the next report. My gut is telling me not this strategy may not be best this time around; that the upcoming report might inspire a continued uptrend.

Would appreciate your thoughts.. Do you think there will be another significant fall off this time around?
    Maybe you are correct. One thing I am feel good about is any retrace will not go down as much as it's gone up. I don't think we'll go back to the 80's, but you never know. New resistance will come from this.

02-17-2010, 01:41 PM #54

Where's boo boo now?

That tool has been railing on Sirius for a year now in the blog posts and we have now arrived at the dollar mark that he said would never come. Raise your glasses everyone. A toast to the biggest moron on Sirius Buzz.....boo boo!

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 02:25 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me shivering here. BTW I'll be going to Chicago
    next month. If I remember right isn't your fam from there?

Julie
    You have a great memory Julie. Yes, my mother and brother are there. I was up there two week ago looking at assisted living facilities for mom - she's 87 years old and can't go on without some limited help..

I might be back up there again next month as well, to help her get some stuff moved.. Maybe the snow will be gone by then?

02-17-2010, 03:24 PM #56
    It's nice looking at my largest block of shares @ 18 cents being up some 419%

I still have a ways to go though before black.

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 05:16 PM #57
    A whopping 184M volume today.. and a sweet gain. Uptrending too in the early aftermarket. Wow.

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 05:20 PM #58

Cost Rica Sky House Contest - Final Numbers

OK, we are locked in now for the Costa Rica Sky House contest.
    Here are the guesses for the share price on 12:00 noon Friday.
    Good luck all!

crews1 - 1.050
    just sirius - 1.020
    Skivail - 1.000
    candleman - .960
    proactiv - .930
    airman - .925
    SiriuslyLong - .900

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 05:27 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by crews1 View Post
    Shamelessly de-lurking to enter an optimistic prediction of 1.05
    You are sittin' pretty right now..

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 05:34 PM #60

SIRI NEWS from Dow Jones Newswire

Sirius XM Shares Jump As Worries Of Stock Split, Delisting
    3:32 PM ET 2/17/10 | Dow Jones
    By Kerry Grace Benn

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Shares of Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) hit levels not seen since September 2008 as concerns have abated about a possible reverse stock split or delisting of the shares.

The satellite-radio company's stock was up 12% at $1.07 in recent trading, after moving as high as $1.15 earlier in the day. The stock has surged since hitting 5 cents last February, when the company was exploring a bankruptcy filing.

Sirius has gotten back on track since it got a $530 million capital infusion from Liberty Media Corp. Improvements in vehicle sales from multi-decade lows have also helped the company. A few weeks ago, Sirius put free cash flow at over $100 million for 2009, a year that was capped with the addition of more than 257,000 subscribers in the fourth quarter.

Stock markets generally require companies to meet a certain minimum market capitalization and to keep their stocks over $1 for continued listing.

Sirius had no problem meeting the minimum market cap requirement, Gabelli & Co. analyst Brett Harriss said, as it has about 3.9 billion shares outstanding--or about 6.5 billion on a fully diluted basis because of preferred shares.

RBC Capital Markets analyst David Bank said there had been concern that the stock was up against a deadline, and if it wasn't above $1 a share for 10 consecutive trading days by a certain date it would be delisted, would need a waiver or would have to reverse split.

There's also less opportunity to short the stock because it's less likely to reverse split, he said.

But Wunderlich Securities analyst Matthew Harrigan said it was unlikely the stock would have been delisted because its market cap is so big, and that Nasdaq would have given it waivers. Eventually the company may do a split, he said, but he thought concerns about an immediate split to keep the stock listed were overblown.

When the company reports earnings next week, Harrigan said investors should look at the company's ability to control costs.

Gabelli's Harriss said the stock is still expensive even at $1, but now many mutual funds that aren't allowed to own anything worth less than $1 can jump in, and many growth funds will want to, because the company's growth prospects are good, he said.

-By Kerry Grace Benn, Dow Jones Newswires; 212-416-2353; kerry.benn@dowjones.com

Page 6 of 11 ... 45678 ...