Page 4 of 11 ... 23456 ...
    02-17-2010, 08:21 AM #31
    Woohoo! After a few years of lurking I'll finally post the day we broke $1.00!

And that day is February 17th! One year to the day after "everyone" thought Siri would go bankrupt when the debt was due on 2.17.8. What sweet irony!

Mentor
    02-17-2010, 09:33 AM #32
    Voo

Agreed...I'll take .03-.05 weekly if we can do this without a R/S.

JS

Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm sure it wont ever happen soon, but as long as the shares recover little by little in the meantime I don't care.

02-17-2010, 09:34 AM #33
    Havakasha....jealous of your paper gain come on buddy....I move and shake...you buy and hold...your strategy is dead my friend...my strategy produces real cash. I'm up 15% on 5k shares and just picked up 5k more for a buck. Have you shaved/realized any gains yet? If not you should keep your unrealized mouth shut...in essence you have gained nothing..paper champ, I am going to call you that going forward. I am like the old Tyson, knocking mofos down every chance I get. Do you understand that stocks don't go up in a straight line? I know you might be new to this but really what have I missed? If I slowly accumulate a position while the stock is around 1-1.25 what have I lost....if the stock is poised to move to 3-4 dollars I have tripled or more...as for the move from .06-.91 I cashed on most of those moves....so what have I missed? I am a little confused. Lets say I am right, buy the rumor sell the report...and the stock dips back to .9 and looks like it could move back to .8 range, will your strategy change? Probably not, and mine won't either but I will have cashed some in the dollar range, you will have nothing but a smaller paper gain...which means nothing. So if you want to bust my balls with some credibility look at my short positions, FAZ, FXP, both are back to screaming buy levels...I shaved half of FAZ close to 22 and only a third of FXP around 10ish...the latter move should have been a bigger sell...more shares. So, just like you I watched a paper gain erode, thats a mistake, no doubt. Do yourself a favor and put a limit order in for 10k shares at 1.05 and if it hits, sweet, when the shinny pig moves back under a dollar take your cash and move into 15k shares, you would have 75k then....if you would have been moving and shaking the whole ride up you might have 150k shares, no?

Good luck today..lets pray this thing moves far away from a dollar! We want Mels hands to be tide....and if we do and he still uses the reverse split then at least we know fosho he is not our CEO, or does not have our best interest at heart.

Big Ben

side note on my fix is in theory, it was broken yesterday and looks to be broke today...siri was pushed higher by the rest of the market...first time this has happened in over two months..good sign. 2 million traded already and a big chunk 250k on level 2 is sitting at 1.02. Interesting.

Mentor
    02-17-2010, 09:37 AM #34
    aka

gotta love it! been holding and adding! avg down from $3 down to .51...thought I'd lost it all last Feb...without the wisdom of Cos1000, john(163888), relmor2003 and a few others...probably would have jumped...so congrats to all that have suffered the pain of the last year!

It ain't over yet...but the man with the mouth full of chiclets is getting ready to sing!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by akalevi371240 View Post
    Woohoo! After a few years of lurking I'll finally post the day we broke $1.00!

And that day is February 17th! One year to the day after "everyone" thought Siri would go bankrupt when the debt was due on 2.17.8. What sweet irony!

Mentor
    02-17-2010, 09:42 AM #35
    Big Ben

took 10% off the table yesterday @.9525...50% profit...felt damn good from where I was this time last year.

Agree with your trading because it works for you. However, I am not available to trade on the quick dips and not savvy enough to be able to follow TA. So, buy and hold works for me. But not totally averse to hitting the sell button once and a while!

JS

02-17-2010, 09:56 AM #36
    JS,

Good man! Selling is the only way to lock in profits. The old style of investing where you buy good companies and their stock goes up and you collect dividends for the rest of your life is over. Arthur Laffer yesterday said some of the most intelligent things I have heard or read in years. He is holding cash and very few stocks....he said, "Larry (Kudlow) I'm older than you so I have no problem missing the upside in the short run, for fear of the real correction, the downside is coming. The reason this year is going to look like a small recovery is the tax bomb that is set to go off Jan 1, 2011. Everyone is stealing profits from next year to avoid the tax implications. If you get a chance that interview had some very eye opening info...worth the read or listen. If you don't know who Laffer is read up on him, genius. Good luck today.

Big Ben

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-17-2010, 10:00 AM #37
    I'm still holding strong on the 96 cents at noon on Friday.

We have been very volitile over the last few weeks. I'm thinking that we'll actually break over a buck today or Thursday. Once that happens I'll bet that we really start swinging as profit takers sell and take the profit.

I may have wax for brains....LOL But, I'm holding for the long ride over the next couple of years. I see us merging with another company and up we go. I've been in this for over 5 years. I've made a lot of money day trading, but now I'm holding for the long haul.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-17-2010, 10:03 AM #38
    We're up over a dollar in premarket with 3 million shares already traded.

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 10:08 AM #39
    Here are the latest predictions for the share price at 12:00 noon on Friday. Additions and/or changes must be submitted by 4:00pm EST today.

crews1 - 1.050
    just sirius - 1.020
    Skivail - 1.000
    candleman - .960
    proactiv - .930
    airman - .925
    SiriuslyLong - .900

Legend
    02-17-2010, 10:25 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    JS,

Good man! Selling is the only way to lock in profits. The old style of investing where you buy good companies and their stock goes up and you collect dividends for the rest of your life is over. Arthur Laffer yesterday said some of the most intelligent things I have heard or read in years. He is holding cash and very few stocks....he said, "Larry (Kudlow) I'm older than you so I have no problem missing the upside in the short run, for fear of the real correction, the downside is coming. The reason this year is going to look like a small recovery is the tax bomb that is set to go off Jan 1, 2011. Everyone is stealing profits from next year to avoid the tax implications. If you get a chance that interview had some very eye opening info...worth the read or listen. If you don't know who Laffer is read up on him, genius. Good luck today.

Big Ben

I see you continue to avoid your previous prediciton that SXM would likely go down to .68. Thats ok i wont rub it in anymore.
    You have been predicting this stock market crash for quite awhile. Only last week you said it was coming then. You might eventually be right that there will be a correction (or major drop) but you are beginning to sound like that boy who cried wolf.
    When you talk about stock strategy do you really think Arthur Laffer is the man of all wisdom? What makes that so? I still know some very smart investors that hold a certain % of their portfolio in stocks with dividends though i think there are any number of stock strategies out there that are useful for different individuals.
    Is the tax bomb you are referring to about capital gains going from 15% to 20% or do you have something else in mind? The capital gains rise doesnt seem like a BOMB to me.

Page 4 of 11 ... 23456 ...